Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Box Of Seeds

by Buzzler Posted 6th Aug 2010 at 11:45 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:14 AM by Buzzler

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:27 AM
This looks like JUST what I have been wanting for a LONG time! I love to garden, but I am always having to shuffle my best ingredients between Sims because I am afraid that they will be used for Cooking, Nectar Making, Fishing, or some other activity...when I NEED them for PLANTING! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:19 AM
This is PERFECT! I have been using a treasure chest and must constantly sort though each item as my Sim is perfecting her gardening skills to replace with a better quality item. This is going to make my life - and my Sim's life - so much easier. Thank you! :lovestruc
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:43 AM
Thanks for this mod! What I used to do was to give another Sim the seeds and fruits while the other one was gardening.

I've included a translation for both Spanish and Mexican Spanish.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  BoxOfSeedsStrings_SPA_ES.txt (1.7 KB, 82 downloads)
Description: Spanish Strings
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Shykary : 7th Aug 2010 at 2:04 PM.
Here is the PT-BR translation. Another awesome mod, thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  BoxOfSeedsStrings_PT-BR.txt (1.8 KB, 45 downloads)
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:54 AM
This is amazing. It was so annoying that all my good ingredients were always being used!! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 8:46 AM
Fantastic, thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:55 AM
Thanks, it's useful mod
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:28 AM Last edited by mosterd300987 : 7th Aug 2010 at 12:22 PM.
Thank you so much for this box of seeds. And thank you for replying.
I translated it into Dutch.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  BoxOfSeedsStrings_Dutch.txt (1.6 KB, 30 downloads)
Description: Dutch translation
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:16 PM
@mosterd300987: To attach files to a post, simply click on "Go Advanced" instead of using the quick reply option. You can also edit your post. Once you're in "full edit" mode, there's a "Manage Attachments" button if you scroll down to the Additional Options section.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:44 PM
I'm sorry, but I think this mod conflicts with the Treasure Box from Teeag
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=383093

I had Teeags Treasure Box installed and decided to download yours, to make life easier for my gardeners. But it's not showing up and yes, I have installed the mod correctly.

Only one of them show up and that is the Treasure Box from Teeag.

Any idea how to solve this, since I'd really like to use both
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:19 PM
@mosterd300987: Thanks, I'll upload it right away.

@DolphineQ: I just downloaded and checked treeag's treasure box. Both objects show up in the buymode catalog just fine, and despite both using the same source object, there isn't really anything that could conflict as all the instance IDs are different. You did look in the right category, yes? In buymode it's By Function->Storage->Misc.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:37 PM
DolphineQ: I have the treasure box too and they both show up for me. The box of seeds is located in storage/misc in the catologue, where as the treasure box is under decorative/misc.

Buzzler: Thanks for making this! I was using treeag's storage box for separating seeds before, but this is much more convenient.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VegaBlack
DolphineQ: I have the treasure box too and they both show up for me. The box of seeds is located in storage/misc in the catologue, where as the treasure box is under decorative/misc.

Buzzler: Thanks for making this! I was using treeag's storage box for separating seeds before, but this is much more convenient.

Ah!
I was looking for it under decorative/misc :D
I'm gonna hop ingame asap and see if I can find it and work with it. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:26 PM
This is fantastic! Just yesterday, I was trying to find a hiding spot for my expensive grapes. Now I need a never-die fishtank for the deathfish I'm collecting :P
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:16 PM
Or maybe you can use testingcheatsenabled true and then buydebug to buy all the fruits, vegetables and trees,
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:25 PM
Default Romanian translation
I've translated the strings in Romanian, if anyone wants them.

Thank you for creating this box - it will be amazingly useful for all those harvestable-related opportunities. It'll save a lot of clicking around in the Sims' inventories!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  BoxOfSeedsStrings_ROM.txt (3.3 KB, 28 downloads)
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:44 PM
@Taleris: And then what? Sure, you can cheat just right through the game, but then what's the point of playing the game to begin with?

@crinury: Err, does the game even support Romanian? There's no Romanian language code in the wiki.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:24 PM
Installed this in-game last night and it works great. So many fewer things cluttering up my main gardener's inventory, and I don't have to worry about hitting "fertilize garden with best fertilizers" wiping out my best produce! I'll keep manually removing the Life Fruit from the Sims' inventory, though, since I think it's silly to use that as fertilizer, and I really don't need to be saving more than 5 for later planting.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:39 PM
Oh, this is very handy. I like playing gardening sims, and constantly keeping an eye on what they harvest and having to sort through their inventory constantly is a bit obnoxious. I'm sure I'll have this box in each household I play from now on.

I hope you'll forgive me for a tiny remark on the German translation: I see that you say in the instructions for translators that "[i]f your language has capital letters then please capitalize every word in the interaction name strings. This applies to most strings in this case. Look at the english strings and you'll see that I wrote all words capitalized for most strings. Please do the same in your translation."

However, in German, capitalisation is dealt with differently than in English, that is (apart from capitalising the very first letter), capitalisation is the same, whether it applies to a normal sentence or, say, a movie title. So, in the mod, "Zahl Der Zu Schützenden Samen Einstellen" ("Set number of seeds to be protected") is actually incorrect when capitalised like this, as it should be "Zahl der zu schützenden Samen einstellen" (only "Samen" is capitalised, because that is a noun (meaning "seeds"). So at the moment, the German translation does look a bit odd to a native speaker. If you should decide to do something about this (and the mod of course works perfectly fine as it is, so I'd totally understand it if you left it as it is), I'm available for betaing/translation.
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niemandhier
However, in German, capitalisation is dealt with differently than in English, that is (apart from capitalising the very first letter), capitalisation is the same, whether it applies to a normal sentence or, say, a movie title.{...}
I was just sure that the interaction names were all capitalized in other languages too, and I'm flabbergasted that you are the first one to tell me that I was wrong about that all along. BTW: In my book, capitalization in German regarding headlines and titles is just a terribly stupid and senseless habit. And being senseless, there's really no room for words like '(in)correct' in that matter.

Quote:
If you should decide to do something about this (and the mod of course works perfectly fine as it is, so I'd totally understand it if you left it as it is), I'm available for betaing/translation.
I don't think that's necessary; I already changed all localized mods. Who do you think translates my mods to German in the first place? If I make a mod in the future that strongly resembles EAxian interaction (names) or mentions EAxian objects, I'm probably going to leave the translation to people who actually play the game in German, though.

Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:10 PM
Buzzler, das ist genial, danke!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 5:56 PM
Thanks sooooo much! I have needed something like this forever!
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
In my book, capitalization in German regarding headlines and titles is just a terribly stupid and senseless habit. And being senseless, there's really no room for words like '(in)correct' in that matter.

Heh, I've always found the English way strange - here, words are capitalised according to what kind of word they are, not according to whether they stand in a text or in a headline. English titles look... shouty to me. Anyway, thanks so much again for the mod; it's very nifty!
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 12:00 PM
Sorry for being the one that has to complain aboute this mod.
Changes made in game on this box does not seem to remain when restarting the game.
For exampel: Number of seeds to store changes back to 5 and auto-store seeds is active but do not auto-store any longer.
Page 1 of 11