Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Save the Environment Driving Eco-Friendly Cars

by Sims MX Posted 16th Aug 2010 at 7:43 AM - Updated 20th Feb 2013 at 4:44 AM by Sims MX

161 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 113 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 8:56 AM
I've been griping about this little discrepancy since Ambitions came out - thanks for fixing it! I'll give it a go tomorrow, after I am awake - lol
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 9:26 AM
Great job, I know a lot of people who were really annoyed that it didn't work with those cars. Thanks for fixing it O(^o^)O
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 9:49 AM
Twizy only has one seat anyway, silly EAxis.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:20 AM
Yay! I've been trying to figure out how to do this myself, but I couldn't find the right thing to modify. Now I don't have to wrack my brain any more!

By the way, the Twizy may only have one seat, but two people can ride in the car, as I found out by surprise when one of my Sims went on a date with one of my other Sims -- they rode together in a Twizy!
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:11 PM
Default Dutch translation
In the attachment you can find the STBL-files for both cars translated to Dutch. If there are any problems, let me know.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DutchTranslation.rar (647 Bytes, 32 downloads)
Description: STBL-files for both cars

Somehow this cow learned to talk...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:17 PM
Excellent.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:23 PM
Yay! Thankyou so much! This has been irritating me since the day I bought the game! Whoop!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:54 PM
Thanks so much! Just yesterday I tried to get my Eco-Friendly Sim to drive a Twizy and was shocked that she got the negative "Wasting Natural Resources" moodlet. I thought the whole point of the Twizy was that it ran off of electricity, not "natural resources". So instead of going back to a super-slow bike, I just used testingcheats to remove the Eco-Friendly trait. Now I can put it back on, yay!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 4:33 PM
Thanks, it's great to see this change, one that I've been wondering about since Ambitions came out.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 7:53 PM
Will these two mods - the Prius and the Twizzy - work together at the same time? I have *both* of the Eco packs installed, so I just want to make sure....
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 8:35 PM
Thank you so much, I came across the same thing as people stated above. I had an eco-friendly sim so I thought, oh I'll buy her a Twizy. And what's this? A negative moodlet from driving it? Dur EA come on!?
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 9:13 PM
Thanks soo much for this! I've waited ages for this mod!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 9:47 PM
Oh, yes! I've been waiting for this! How silly to get a driving alone negative moodlet while sitting in a one-seater Twizy! Thank you for this great mod!
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daelda
Will these two mods - the Prius and the Twizzy - work together at the same time? I have *both* of the Eco packs installed, so I just want to make sure....

I'm wondering the same thing as I have both.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:25 AM
What a great idea - this makes so much more sense. Thanks for sharing =)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:42 AM
Thank you so much! I was just contemplating requesting this somewhere, because it seemed like such an obvious thing, but then I thought, well, gee, it's such a tiny thing... probably no-one cares enough about it to create a fix, but obviously I am not alone!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:52 AM Last edited by Sims MX : 17th Aug 2010 at 2:11 AM.
@Impatient Cow Thanks for the translation. I'll add it soon.

@Daelda and WinHawk Yes, it'll work. I have both cars installed and this mod running and no problems so far. They are separate files because not everyone might have both.

@mollipopster I'm always there to fix these annoyances. I also made a fix for Xing the tiger toy from the Store. If you have it and open your toybox, you'll notice that this tiger and the rabbit are treated as the same object. I made a small fix for it.

I haven't shared it, because it's a very tiny fix and I'm sure most people haven't noticed it .
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:37 AM
Great, fixes something that always annoyed me.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:27 AM
My sim would be afraid of riding in a Twizy. Talk about death on wheels.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hidden Force
... Twizy may only have one seat, but two people can ride in the car, as I found out by surprise when one of my Sims went on a date with one of my other Sims -- they rode together in a Twizy!

It was shortly after reading the Harry Potter scene about the magical car trunks that I got it - Sims use wizard cars! That, or they like to practice for the circus.

Thanks for this! I made an eco-sim and hated that she always took her damned scooter all the time, even if she had the Prius and her police car available. Now that I finally found the solar panels, she can be truly happy!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:14 AM
Seems to work great! My Eco-Sim uses her cute white-pink Twizzy with pride! Thank you VERY much!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:01 AM
Great work i've been annoyed and confused as why EA left this out, this was needed thanks.

Likeing new TS3 build grid and placements, not liking TS3 Store and changes to shops.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:58 PM Last edited by Dennis6791 : 17th Aug 2010 at 9:31 PM.
Thanks for this mod.

Here's the German translation:

Warum in einer Abgasschleuder rumfahren, wo doch viel umweltfreundlichere Fahrzeuge so toll aussehen?

(Wegen umweltfreundlichem Fahrzeug)
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:48 PM
Thanks for this...Maybe now I can get rid of the bike.

Strangest thing happened...my eco-friendly sim went into labor...and proceeded to hop on her bicycle and ride it to the hospital, even though there was a perfectly fine car right in the driveway.
Page 1 of 7