Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:13 PM
I too know how to do this, The saving error is due to the Sims, from my experiments. Soon as they are removed I can do anything with the create-a-world. However, I have been told about population problems. So Im still looking into this. Once im on my Sims computer I will study this in so much more detail. I even got the vacation worlds near enough playable. They just need to be registered in the game. because the game installs the worlds, but doesn't see it.

I will look into this, As I kept the files, just never did anything about it! :D

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:18 PM
Also, @sleepalldaypartyallnight - Those black textures and everything gone black, I have only seen this once. That was when I was trying to changing the colour of the water and fog and sky. It happened when I changed the .ini files and then put it on the world. Perhaps that what it is?

@LordCrumps
Forum Resident
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:41 PM
In my experiance the black happens when it's loading and the pc graphics card is trying to catch up with the loading textures. I wouldn't worry bout it, CAW can just be a strain on the ol pc ; )

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:49 PM
It was when I was play testing an exported Twinbrook though, I wasn't in CAW. It had never happen in game before that, I think simsample reckoned it was to do with the population?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:54 PM
Ahaha. Well I have managed to get Twinbrook into the game, with out the blackness. Oh well

I might start my progress on making the vacation destinations playable again soon. I did everything before. Apart from one thing;

Has anyone experienced downloading a world, and it not appearing in the new game part of the Sims? This is what It does for me. I was wondering if there was any "cure"? If so, then once I get that working, We have playable vacation destinations! :D

@LordCrumps
Forum Resident
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:55 PM
If it happened upon first loading then it just loading textures, if it just suddenly happened during play then it's anyone's guesse. I've had that happen to me twice and it was on a downloaded world that was heavy on the texture layers and it was only upon first load for about 30 secs which is what made me say it's loading : )

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:57 PM Last edited by missy harries : 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:26 PM.
We'll I'm looking at the vacation destinations too (Egypt) and it seems playable to me (as a destination), the only concern I have is botching up the tombs or missions.......

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:00 PM
Yeah, everything seems to be playable. I removed all the Sims, and left everything as it is, apart from the lot zoning. Just that it wont actually work in Sims 3. Ive been trying for a few weeks now.

But Once im on my Sims computer I might be able to do something I have just thought. Hmmm. Its too stupid to say, So I will notify you on it later

@LordCrumps
#34 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alext369
Has anyone experienced downloading a world, and it not appearing in the new game part of the Sims? This is what It does for me. I was wondering if there was any "cure"? If so, then once I get that working, We have playable vacation destinations! :D

No, I was just letting the game run and then when I looked at it again everthing had gone black! The invisible sims was the really part though.

alex, I've never experienced it with a downloaded world, but I can't get China or France to work as regular neighbourhoods, even though I use the same method as for Twinbrook. No one has posted on this thread a "cure".
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:02 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had experienced it. And if its happened on a downloaded world. Because I remember saying something similar to this before.

Quick question, Did you have Sims in your China and France?

@LordCrumps
Forum Resident
#36 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:04 PM
That cure would be a blessing! We need to find what sets the vacation hood and remove or add it, only trouble is I have no Idea and can't find anything.........

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:08 PM
I have a theory, My world wont install because he beta is installed. They both have different names, Crumplebottom Island Beta and Isla Island. Isla Island wont work because inside CAW they both share the name "Crumplebottom Island" in the box with the layers. So my thinking is if we change the names of the vacation destination and make a new ID for the world. It would register. I think this because were copying the files other, which means that the game has it already installed without it realising.

I told you it was stupid, but I thought If i post it, and someone try it, post results and see if its works? Because I dont have access yet.

@LordCrumps
Forum Resident
#38 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:12 PM
Hmmmm, well when I first exported pink china for a test run I renamed it TEST and even changed the thumbnail but it was a no show....... Untill I changed the name of the world file and overwrite the old one It replaced even with a diffrent name ect......

EDIT: There's something in there that sets it as a destination no matter what. Like I said, we just need to find it.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:17 PM
Well, compare a new world files, to the Vacation world. Perhaps we can find the answer there? We need more smilies :D

@LordCrumps
#40 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:19 PM
I've already done that, the only files that seemed to be missing I think are the neighbourhood Icon and Description and something called image path. I think it's probably in one of the unknown resources.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:21 PM
This. Is. Going. To. Kill. Me. Or my life at least......

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:23 PM
Hmmm. Okay, im out of idea's! Well when im on the computer tomorrow I shall have a look around some more. I only done this to have France playable. But I couldnt find the right way to go about it.

@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:36 AM
I was just thinking, could having the adventure board thingy (The thing you get the missions from) in the world be giving it some kind of code that sets the world as a vacation hood?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 9:01 AM
Who ever manages to make France a playable neighborhood will have my eternal gratitude...O.o I tried this method with a d/l world (Port Ophelia - wonderfully built, but with some overseen flaws), and when clicking on EIG, CAW crashed. Also, while I was extracting files from Port Ophelia, I got an error message of some sorts...might that be it? :/
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 9:55 PM
@Encloped - I have tried that, still no registering in game. :/ I also changed the lot zones (apart from tombs)

@LordCrumps
#46 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:00 PM
I had a look at the file types again today. A lot of them seem to be hex (I think) because they're coming up gobbledegook when I open them in notepad. The files labelled UNKN in S3PE are BNRY (binary?) files when I export them. Some files I have been able to open in notepad (the WDET ones) are WRLDDETAIL files and say things like such and such spawner or bridge.

There was one file which I thought *might* be hopeful. Something called WPID in s3pe, a WPACKID file. I'll compare China's to SV's in a hex editor. Worth a shot, right?

EDIT: Nope, Twinbrook's and SV's are different. Of course, I know absolutely nothing about hex, so it was a long shot anyway.
Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 11:23 AM
Sorry for the short message (and spelling, blasted spell correct) , typing this off my phone, while waiting in the car, on thing iv noticed is sometimes just savin a blank map don't save with a settings file, so you gotta do a slight change to the map, like raise a tiny part of the land

My theory why it does not work is because well, a once a world is packaged the initial files chanced, in a .world there is no road map file, but there is in a packaged one, it's odd but in some worlds such as twinbrook I'm able to save and export, though slowly, but my own pre-packaged worlds don't seem to be able to, on the EA site I retrieved a .world for the creator who lost it , and she said she had no problems with re-exporting

oh dear seems to be some fight goin on in the middle of the street,a guy walkin in the middle of the road shouting,

Also, Sorry if I have missed anything, iv only just skimmed through everything, my phonendoes not seem to like to scroll up

Once I get home I shall try and get France working into export, but there might be some files in there which need removing first, pre-made families, as caw is unable to packaged them it seems, and also which ever file sets it as a destination
#48 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:30 PM
The thing about the sims is weird though, because kiwi_tea has managed to export sims with his Niua Simoa, and there seemed to be a lot of testing going on. I dunno, I guess that's different to them being packaged then "unpackaged" and opened in CAW and the packaged again.

Also, there's a thread in this forum where we've been discussing getting the Twinbrook objects into CAW by creating CC clones of them.
The other one
#49 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepalldaypartyallnight
Also, there's a thread in this forum where we've been discussing getting the Twinbrook objects into CAW by creating CC clones of them.

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but I just accidentally stumbled upon somebody who seems to know how to extract the missing items, here he's done the spillway and asks if anyone would be interested in seeing any more missing items): http://www.flyingacres.com/Neighbor...ad.php?tid=1711

I'll look for the other thread and post this in there too

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 6:18 PM
Hmmm.. I've been glancing through the thread. Managed to get SV loaded up in CAW in all it's glory. Thanks.

One thing I've noticed in the instructions is a step seems to be missing that can cause issues with getting an edited world installed in game.

when importing all the resources from the game's .world (France/SV/twinbrook whatever) Do not overwrite/replace the wpid in the new .world created in step one.

Two worlds.. same wpid can result in "already installed" error or a failure for the world to show up in-game.

Also, when you get your modified world loaded in CAW check for lots that are having placement "issues" (Red borders) These can cause errors and/or slow load times. I didn't try it, but we might be able to move the lot a touch to correct the problem. (I just deleted them)
Locked thread
Page 2 of 12