Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 12:33 PM
@Mikikitty, the thing that he has done is get the object in the game, only thing though is that it is stuck on the lot. What we have done is get the object into CAW where it will be more useful.

@sleepalldaypartyallnight. Its been quite a good month for CAW, first we got into the pre-made worlds, then we got CC into the program which resulted in this thread which added the missing objects into the program and now we have custom bridges. I seem to of stumbled a slight problem though, I want to start working on the factory drain pipes however these contain only 1 MLOD (18010000) and 1 MODL (18000001), however their are 6 IMGs while the industrial water tower contains 5 MLODs (the 5th being 18010002) and 5 IMG files. The only thing I can think of is that I've stuffed up somewhere during the cloning stage, but I had all the right stuff ticked soo.......
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 1:48 PM
I was cloning towerWaterIndustrial and factoryDrainPipes from S3OC and was using the windmill when assembling in TSRW. Lets see, I've done 8 out of 26, been held up cause of 1)this problem with the MLODs and 2)schools been in the way -__-
The other one
#28 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 1:55 PM
No worries, just thought I'd highlight it incase it was useful About custom bridges, I saw that you were able to recolour one,....do any of you think it will be possible to actually alter/make a new mesh that still functions as a bridge or are CC items in CAW purely decorative? (How cute would a little covered wooden bridge be in a country themed hood? )

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 2:21 PM
Not yet, I have divided the objects into different sections. I am currently doing the section with that that stuff though (spillways, seawalls and the pipes). I'm not sure if the water does move though, Iv'e been meaning to check but when I try opening up Twinbrook in CAW it keeps on getting error. If I recall though I think it was an effect.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 2:53 PM
Pretty much, but than again if it isn't I don't know how you could get that into TSRW and then into CAW ... unless you use a water fountain and change the way the water works to mimic the run-off from the spillway
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Encloped
@Mikikitty, the thing that he has done is get the object in the game, only thing though is that it is stuck on the lot. What we have done is get the object into CAW where it will be more useful.

Ah, sounds good. But I've only seen this tutorial - have the Twinbrook objects actually been offered as a download somewhere? Also, say I download them - do they just show up for anybody who has Ambitions anyway, or do they still have to download these "new" objects too?

@Becca: Of course that'll happen. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:40 PM
@Mikikitty, not yet, soon though.

@sleepalldaypartyallnight, I didn't think EA lurked forums other then their owns. I doubt it until we get Late Night because knowing EA they'll probably be another problem like the one with EA.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:50 PM
Umm I think there is a tool to set that, but I'm not sure.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:13 PM
TBH in my opinion, converting all locked Twinbrook objects into entirely new cloned object seems redundant. Too many Twinbrook objects which we'd love to use in our custom hood but it will be troublesome if we'd like to share it, which will require us to upload and people to download larger hood, while actually they are downloading Twinbrook objects' meshes and textures which already installed in our computer (If we have installed AM of course).

I noticed that using EIG, you can also access the so-called World Editor feature in Edit Town mode, which you can place the available-but-limited objects from catalog. I tried to place a large Egypt column using it and the EIG seems retain the placed objects and add those objects to the layer '001' (in my case) in our custom hood.

So just an idea, I don't know if someone already come up with this, but could we just mod the catalog information for Twinbrook objects so that could be available/listed in World Editor catalog in EIG? EIG seems to be able to access all custom content package other than installed Sims3Pack. So then we could place all Twinbrook objects to our custom world using EIG, without requiring us to clone the already-made objects.

I'm not sure because I'm not a Sims3 modder, but actually I'm curious about it. :D

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:33 PM
@GiLaNg, The problem with using the in-game world editor is that it is quite limited. Sure you still just place the objects but there isn't really much you can do with the object other then place it in the world. By placing the object in CAW you can change heights (i.e. move the object up or down), rotate the objects on other axis and place objects with more precision. There is pretty much only going to be another 30 objects to add so there won't be that much more mess.

@sleepalldaypartyallnight, I seem to of hit a snag. For some reason the textures aren't applying themselves properly. I would get a picture to show you what I mean, but I'm not sure on how to add them in.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:38 PM
Well you actually can modify the object you placed using EIG in your CAW window. Just try it. I've tried it and it works like charm :D

The actual problem I see is there's no information about World Editor catalog in S3PE or s3oc. Perhaps Mr. and Mrs. Jones could work on it :P

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:47 PM
I know but it is the simplicity that people would rather have. Placing the objects in EIG then going back into CAW to move them is going to get annoying, so having everything in CAW ready to go will be a lot more better. Using the train pieces for an example, if I had to go into EIG (which is 7 minute load on my laptop) to just place say 100 track pieces than go into CAW to reorganise, realign and then edit the terrain to suit will take more time then just moving things around in CAW and pretty much experimenting with different variations.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:55 PM
Yeah but I think it is better than clogging your game with cloned objects, which if EA will never give workaround on this, it will just increase the number of redundant cloned objects in your computer, which perhaps even slowing down your computer. It is a good idea to put all the objects needed in EIG then when back to CAW, you just need to realign, sculpt the terrain, etc.

Btw, perhaps you could take off some of your not-needed custom content when using EIG feature. Maybe it could improve the performance. Currently I also use laptop.

GiLaNg
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 3:03 PM
Either way, one group of people that would want the missing objects won't choose to download CC so this is lost on them. But then I'm sure having some more objects wouldn't bother no one
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 3:12 PM
OMG sorry, I never really get PM's so I don't bother checking and I never noticed. I feel really bad now.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 3:22 PM
Yeah actually my idea is create a mod/default replacement which alter the catalog information for certain Twinbrook objects so they show up in EIG catalog. Currently we all don't know how CAW catalog works specifically, so I thought it could be another way because EIG behaves almost exactly like in-game, unlike the CAW window.

But if the referencing idea works, I don't think it's bad idea. Technically it would be smaller than attaching the model and texture, right? So it's also a good option.

GiLaNg
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 3:35 PM
It is quite funny how people take things over the Internet. Its really odd cause people also act differently as well. Like I know that I act a lot more intelligent and mature than I do in real life. I guess its just to make good impressions on people you don't know
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 4:13 PM
Oh hold on, I'm just waiting to for the folder to turn into rar. so you get all the stuff
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 5:03 PM
Okay, in the meantime check the first post as I updated it with the list of objects that I am sure aren't in CAW
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 5:47 PM
I swear I saw the hanging light in CAW, it could be the hour that I am up at, or the fact that I'm mixing memory's up, oh well I'll add it to the list. The assembly building is different; smaller then the original one and doesn't include the shuttle. All the plants are in CAW (hopefully) and the distant terrain is called Terrain Distant South [Placeholder]. The station ruins are a bit hard to see in Twinbrook (you have to do a bit of exploring to get to it) but if you follow the railway from the army base to the modern house thing (or vice versa) you'll find it; in my opinion its more of a house but you know, EA logic
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 2:41 AM
The hanging light is not in CAW. Its in the cheat catalog in buy mode but useless unless you want to place it on a lot. I love that hanging light!! It would be so cool in a small town.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 6:13 AM
With the hanging light would you prefer to have the light to flash or not. The reason I am asking is that in the data there is an ANIM file which I believe is responsible for just that but I have no clue how to import it into TSRW.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 1:23 PM
The object has 2 lights that flash alternatively and at different times.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#49 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 3:36 PM
Yes, if you go into Edit/Project Contents, there is a resource list similar to S3PE and you can import resources that are in the form of a package. What a lot of people do is export the whole lot to a package, open and edit in s3pe, save the package then import the package back to TSRW. But as of 2.0 you have to delete the resources already in there or else they duplicate!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 3:53 PM
Wait, should I continue doing what I'm doing or restart with this new method? However it is sounding a bit confusing to me.
Page 2 of 3