Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 6:19 PM
Well here's a toned down version .No curtains,rugs and less orange,what do you think?

Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 2:27 AM
Oh yes, a big improvement but I would tone the walls down a bit more, otherwise I think you got it, very nice job.

Yes that's the cottage I mean, cute little house and I'm glad it's so popular.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 7:09 PM
You mean like to make it brighter?And i wonder why someone dissagreed with my post
Instructor
#29 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:38 AM
No, I mean the walls less orange, you know...tone it down a bit, less bright.

Instructor
#30 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:19 AM
I like the orange already. Imagine what it'd look like if you added "cream" to the color.

Mmmmm...now I want a Dreamsicle..

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Inventor
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:07 PM
@~Dee~ ok i'll fix that

@fragglerocks cream,why didn't i think of that .I'm sure it would match the exterior Btw the tv and all the other white bright colours are not white,its black

Meanwhile here is another interior(I keep trying to make it match the exterior )I think it looks nice

Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:35 PM
I still think you should playtest that computer under the stairs

The colours you have now, only more watered out and lighter would be nice.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:01 PM
Ok i will .And by watered you mean paler and lighter?
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 1:01 AM
Yes, paler

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#35 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 2:23 AM
I haven't seen any houses where the interior matched the exterior, but I like the tone of the walls now, but not the new furniture color.
I think the color you had before was more pleasing to the eye.

I think the PC will work fine where it is, I place it under the stairs a lot and never had a problem.

Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:02 AM
@Kaospilot Ok i'll make it paler,and a bit brighter

@~Dee~ that means you haven't seen my haus .My bedroom matches the exterior of my house .And now that you've pointed it out,the furniture is a bit fugly .I tried it to and it works fine
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:02 PM Last edited by gabrielorie : 11th Sep 2010 at 12:43 AM.
Here's a more paler and a bit brighter version

Does it look better?Btw fragglerocks i used your cream and orange idea Here
Theorist
#38 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 8:06 AM
The orange and green looked really good, and the orange and blue presents a nice combo as well. Try fading the blue a little. I feel a bit strange seeing tables and desks that are not brown, black, or white. I did not know we could color stairs!

How about anything that is a table or shelf is white, the floor is pale blue, the walls are orange, and anything sittable is a stronger blue? You could easily play around with different tints and shades of blue, whether it is more white or more black.

Color theory states that purple is the complimentary color of orange. So split complimentary to orange is blue and red. These are strong colors, because I'm on a color appreciation tangent. But don't do them too saturated because MTS staff might not like it.
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 5:19 PM
Now that you pointed it out it really does look a bit unusual...And yes we can recolour stairs,though i'm not sure all can be recoloured

I REALLY like the idea of your colours,i will deffinately try it .

I just learned that in art class about a week ago,the complementary colours,contrasting colours ect.I uploaded something very bright before and i got accepted,but i'll still use these colours,thanks .Btw i love the first picture :lovestruc
Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 12:31 AM
I made the rugs blue,desks and made the tables white but i guess i need to make the furnature a bit paler...Anywayz this is what i did (sorry for the quality,i had to remove my video card )

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Several good interior decor tips given here.
Page 2 of 2