Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 7:28 AM
You guys have heapso of good ideas! I personally want a lot more new traits i'm bored with the old ones. I Also like new skills being added to the game, So im sure new traits would be associated with the new skills, I actually don't have any examples. I'm not very good at thinking of things like Traits etc :P
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#27 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 8:09 AM
The Wanton trait was actually in the game, but was cut. The graphic still remains, but there's no text. If I had a staffwriter, I could resurrect it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theorist
#28 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakesecaravdis
other traits I think they should add. off the top of my head, sarcastic, insecure, confident, narcissistic and nerdy/dorky.
insecure, confident and narcissistic REALLY need to be added because this would definitely add to the realism. I am surprised narcissistic isn't in there? or did I miss it?

I think Snob intended to cover narcissist, because it makes the sim autonomously admire themself in the mirror and they like to get compliments.

Insecure would be amusing: An Insecure sim must receive acknowledgement and approval from sims of the opposite sex often. Gaining this, they get a +20 mood and failing this, they get -75 mood. Insecure males can do push-ups in front of women, have imaginary fights in front of the mirror in which they humiliate another male, and periodically psyche themselves up by barking for a short lasting boost of confidence. If humiliated in front of a woman they suffer -95 mood and don't want to be around any sims and would prefer to brood in privacy for 24 hours.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Leia
I'd love to see Pretty/Ugly traits (or maybe something less conspicuous like 'Ogre' instead of Ugly). It'll be especially fun to play a Sim with the Ugly trait; cowardly Sims might faint if they pass by, Evil Sims will laugh, other Sims will slowly back away... I don't think it's be offensive because it's a trait -- like you said

THIS. oh my gosh, words cannot explain how much i'd wanted a separation between the 'less attractive' sims, and the 'prettier' ones. i couldn't decide if it was an attraction system that i wanted (like naturally, uglier sims would have lower standards..) but this trait sounds perfect.

i think it's unrealistic how a fat mutant sim could start a romance with pretty much any guy in the game. i could imagine that a sim like this would have the traits "hopeless romantic, great kisser, flirty" etc so that all romantic interactions would be available at the same time. i think that this would be very appropriate. there would be 'average' looking sims without either the pretty trait or ugly trait, and then there would be the extreme sims- who are either stunningly attractive, or revoltingly ugly. the distinction between the two needs to be made, and this is it! :p

then again, it really does depend on the individual person. like a gorgeous, thin guy sim would be a chubby chaser or something of the like. maybe he likes uglier women because they make him look better beside him..

that's just a thought. although, given this i don't know how to make it work. sims don't really have a preference option when it comes to fat/thin or ugly/pretty. unless there is a hidden fat/thin preference (and it leans toward one or the other, depending on who they romance with) but i have no idea.
Theorist
#30 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 9:00 AM
That's because TS3 doesn't yet have the attraction system from TS2. This allows the sim to have 2 turn ons and one turn off. That way you get a sense that there are certain sims in the crowd that your sim finds mildly attractive, attractive, and irresistable.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 9:18 AM
there are going to be zodiac signs in late night.. so i think that's going to be the closest that we'll get to an attraction feature. and as for the traits, they will only be 'shy' and 'star quality'.. so we're not really getting anything along the lines of 'attractive' or 'unattractive'.

i played with the attraction system a lot in the sims 2, and i loved it but it was annoying how everybody was doing those idle 'romantic' interactions when they saw an attractive sim, and how they rudely put their hand over their mouths and make that obnoxious gagging sound when they saw any sim that didn't fit their 'turn ons'.
Theorist
#32 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:26 AM
Rather than a specific trait, I'd like to see a mod/trait/whatever to make a Sim bipolar, so they can have 2 opposing traits at once (like good and evil, or neat and slob) because they're inconsistent. Don't think that's possible though...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:38 AM
I love the fact that most of the suggestions are social traits because to me, the social interactions are what makes the game. I don't really give a flying donkey's ass if my Sim learns the Photography skill twice as fast.
I think that would be the case for pretty much everyone. The game's already got enough skill traits.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:48 AM
I'd love new traits. There are a lot of them but when you have to pick 5 per sim you obviously end up repeating them, and some of them affect sims much more than others.

Don't know what I'd call it, but a trait that means sims like to be in the company of supernatural sims (ghosts, mummies, simbots, vampires). That would be quite cool.
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:16 PM
Morbid. I mean, if you have a graveyard that creeps out normal Sims, and you have a crypt that's dangerous to explore, and you have ghosts and all manner of undead, it's only natural to have Sims that are exceptionally attracted to these things. I'd love it best if the morbid trait unlocked a full-sized mausoleum career with more than three levels, but honestly, it would just be cool to have some of the knowledge-style wants back. A morbid Sim would wish to fall in love with a ghost (or 3 ghosts!), get busy in the mausoleum, spend all their time in the cemetery and creep out normal Sims by chatting about the appeal of the undead. Not quite Necrophilia, but pretty close. Combine this with Genius and you're halfway to a Knowledge Sim.

So far I have found the Hydrophobic trait quite dull, but I can think of several ways to expand it. Rain would be the obvious, of course. But if there's a Seasons expansion, since there's already gardening and fishing, there could be boating and swimming instead. And mermaids. Hydrophobic Sims could pick fights with disguised mermaids, or "Accuse of Being a Mermaid" autonomously. Or Sims could become Hydrophobic following a childhood boating/drowning accident, much like real phobias.
Banned
#36 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:31 PM Last edited by tjstreak : 13th Sep 2010 at 2:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
I would add a penalty to [a wanton trait], that the sim gets -75 mood if they hadn't woohoo'd in 12 hours. Also, other sims can tell they are wanton so they are wary of them and get an 'in presence of slut' moodlet that varies depending on their stats and if they have the flirty / unflirty trait.

A -75 penalty is pretty severe. Perhaps it should be graduated, a -10 penalty if no woohoo in 24 hours, a minus 20 penalty in 48 hours, and so on. Of course, wouldn't this be more appropriate for a nymphomaniac trait?

Why would another sim be wary of a slut? Wouldn't the thinking be more like: "I'm gonna get lucky tonight?" It just makes me think of that episode of Star Trek Voyager when Seven of Nine asks Harry Kim whether he wants to copulate with her, and Kim says NO (does Harry Kim have the insanity trait?)

It seems that the only sims who might be wary of a slutty sim would be puritanical sims. (Here's an idea for another trait!) Or the spouses of sims who would be the targets of the slutty sim.

As far as traits are concerned, I would like to see traits more in pairs. Never Nude -- nudist (gets naked at every opportunity), Great Kisser -- Lousy Kisser.

Also, lifetime rewards, like Attractive and Eye Candy would probably be better as traits than rewards. These are traits people are more likely to be born with rather than acquire through lifetime happiness.
Theorist
#37 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 2:24 PM
When I read the word slut, Seven of Nine does not come to mind. Instead, Propecia from YouTube. Wary can be +mood or -mood depending on how playful. You're right, the penalty is more suited to sex addiction. But a wanton slutty trait needs some kind of penalty. How about this, the wanton slutty is often the subject of gossip and the butt of jokes. -relations when they catch the gossiper.

Speaking of Traits. We need some strong traits that could cover a large part of identity. Identity Traits. Put one of these in the traits list and it adds many things. A Rockabilly Trait ( example ) would like cars, 50's music, pizza, can succeed with advanced flirts if he is near his car, his car drives faster but the police can ticket him, he gets unlocked flirts when he has a drink in his hand, and he can try to impress girls with his retarded cigarette lighter tricks. A Sk8er can skate, boo and hiss the police, gets +mood when wearing something black, set fire to city hall, hates sims who like classical, pop, and rap, and he can choose to ditch school and flunk transitional Simlish. He can also blame all his failures on a single event in his life and teach children retarded ideas about how the system is bad and that anarchy will be the way of the future.
Banned
#38 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
(cant think of appropriate name) - Sim Enjoys Woo-Hoo

Simphomaniac?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The Wanton trait was actually in the game, but was cut. The graphic still remains, but there's no text. If I had a staffwriter, I could resurrect it.

If you're serious about that I'll do it. I'm no staffwriter, but I can come up with something.

Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
That's because TS3 doesn't yet have the attraction system from TS2. This allows the sim to have 2 turn ons and one turn off. That way you get a sense that there are certain sims in the crowd that your sim finds mildly attractive, attractive, and irresistable.

Twallan already has something like this in his Whoohooer now: "Consider Attractiveness", which tells you how much your sim likes the sim selected (on a scale of 1-10) and "Gauge attraction" which tells you how much the selected sim likes your sim (on a scale of 1-4). For me, it brings back that TS2 feel when I used to take my YA sim out hunting for prospects. For me, it used to be a drag, but now its fun again.
Theorist
#40 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:38 PM
I really wish there was a Superstitious trait, someone who's really into ghosts, mummies, vampires, etc. they would have an easier time to become a creature (maybe the name isn't quite fitting but you get the idea)

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#41 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
Also, lifetime rewards, like Attractive and Eye Candy would probably be better as traits than rewards. These are traits people are more likely to be born with rather than acquire through lifetime happiness.

I like them as rewards because you can give them to whom ever you want to. Like you play this Ugly Betty kind of sim, then decide to give them a makeover and the eye candy reward.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 5:26 AM
Well, they also play with fire, and get wishes to play with fire.
Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 5:51 AM
Animal Lover & Procrastinator

Those are me. So until they come out i cannot make a self sim D:
Mad Poster
#44 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samugari
I wish they'd expand on the the daredevil trait. Sims with that trait never do anything truly daring. The most exciting thing they do is eat dirt for shock value, which to me sounds more childish than anything.

other than the fire thing, i've seen daredevils shower with their clothes on. :D
Field Researcher
#45 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Princess Leia : 13th Sep 2010 at 4:34 PM.
I've seen a daredevil slap someone for shock value but I've only had it happen once. The Daredevil sounds cool in theory but it just comes across as stupid and childish. Who gets a wish to play with fire and runs around screaming when they do catch on fire? Pyromaniacs and daredevils should get a different animation when they're on fire. They should do the "Woo!" animation that party animals have and then autonomously put themselves out when they're about to die.

Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
other than the fire thing, i've seen daredevils shower with their clothes on. :D

Hmm, really? Just daredevil Sims? One of my Sims used to shower in a miniskirt and thigh high hooker boots but it was just bad CC.

Another possible trait: clingy. They form friendships and build romances more quickly but they're likely to react negatively if they see their best friends interacting with others. They can spy on other Sims through the telescope (you'll get incredibly voyeuristic notifications telling you what the other Sim is doing, like "Joanna is at work."; "Joanna is going to the beach."; "Joanna is making a grilled cheese sandwich."; "Joanna is having WooHoo with...") and conduct stakeouts at their friends' homes...

If you're best friends with a clingy Sim (I say best friends because it's super easy to become friends with someone if you have good traits/lifetime rewards and whatnot but it takes a bit more work to become best friends) they will bombard you with calls and will often show up at your doorstep buuut they also send expensive gifts through the mail!

HONESTLY, EA SHOULD JUST HIRE US.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#46 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HiddenGoddess1
Animal Lover & Procrastinator
But there aren't any animals, and sims cannot procrastinate because procrastination implies that you have some understanding of what you're SUPPOSED to be doing. Sims have an attention span equivalent to a goldfish with ADD, and are utterly incapable of having any plan of action to procrastinate upon.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 6:06 PM
Well, yeah, but I think it's possible to make it so that procrastinators behave a little differently from other Sims. For example:
  • Children with this trait will not autonomously do homework and will refuse to do homework until a certain hour (if you try to make them do it early, they'll just whine and you'll get a popup saying they don't feel like it)
  • The Sim will not get up until they absolutely have to. Unlike couch potatoes, they won't require more sleep but they'll just get up and relax in bed unless you actually tell them to move their lazy asses.
  • The Sim will not autonomously go to work/school right away even if their ride is there -- if the carpool gets there at say, 8 AM, they'll wait until 8:30 before heading out unless you specifically tell them to get moving.
  • They can have the ability to 'Cram'. Their fun bars will take a drastic hit but they'll learn skills at a significantly faster rate. They can also rush meals, paintings, sculptures, etc. at the expense of quality (useful for completing challenges).
  • Default preference at work is 'Slack Off'
  • Positive moodlet on their days off? Or positive moodlet for missing work. Of course their job performance will still go down.
/shrug
#48 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
But there aren't any animals, and sims cannot procrastinate because procrastination implies that you have some understanding of what you're SUPPOSED to be doing. Sims have an attention span equivalent to a goldfish with ADD, and are utterly incapable of having any plan of action to procrastinate upon.

Then why'd you give them the ability to procrastinate in the Sims 2 with your box?
Mad Poster
#49 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 6:38 PM
Well, yeah, but I think it's possible to make it so that procrastinators behave a little differently from other Sims.

overall, i think all of the things you listed would make a sim annoying as hell (even more so than usual). i don't think i'd ever have a sim that would literally procrastinate. imagine playing with a sim that takes forever to get shit done.

you'd have to micromanage what they do 100 times more. for example, if your sim didn't wake up until they absolutely HAD to, you'd probably have to wake them up earlier anyway to get them ready for work.

them getting up by themselves to get ready just makes things easier. it's things like that.

and yeah, i swear i've had a daredevil sim shower with their clothes on. although, i think it was after they did the 'daring thing' interaction on another sim. i'm not remembering what it is at the moment.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#50 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 7:21 PM
I love these ideas, you guys are great at it!

I'd like to see the snob trait expanded upon, definitely. And the daredevil one.
Page 2 of 8