Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Modular Stairs Recolored, Part the Second

by iCad Posted 5th Oct 2010 at 1:58 AM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 12:57 PM
Thank you so much! I have been waiting for this and you've done it. Since I can't give you real cookies I'm sending you some vertual ones. *cookies* YAY! Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 9:37 PM
Oh! I like this! I've been waiting for wood recolours of these stairs. Any chance you're doing more of the modular stairs?
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by powerpuff44
Oh! I like this! I've been waiting for wood recolours of these stairs. Any chance you're doing more of the modular stairs?

I have recolored four stairs, the Deck Stairs, the Storybook ones here, the Chic Stairs, and the Euro Stairs. The first three are up on MTS now, and I'll be uploading the Euro Stairs today so they'll be along whenever they get through the moderation queue. I'd recolor more...but I don't know how to make them recolorable, so I can only do those that other people have done the hard work on. I suppose I could clone some of the others, like I have to do with the matching fences I'm making, but then you'd have a billion versions of each stair clogging up the catalog and I'm not sure that anyone would really want that...

I'm also recoloring the concrete Uni stairs, but not in wood because that would look silly. I'm doing those in random shades to complement the billions of plaster walls I've made and the smaller number of concrete floors to match them. I'm not sure I'll upload those because I don't know that anyone else would find them useful; I'm just using them heavily in the desert neighborhood I'm currently building.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 3:09 AM
I am with you on hating the pastels. These are SOOOOO much more practical. Thanks for your hard work. I love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 3:21 PM
<quote>What the heck would you use those stairs for unless you were building a Barbie Dream House or some pastel Victorian gingerbread monstrosity?</quote>

Absolutely -.-
I love what you did, perhaps you would like to think about doing this to HugeLunatics Open Underneath version of the Storybook "Crime"?
I always thought, if I would start to do stuff for the Sims myself, I'd give the whole Storybook thing a try - that, or the Art Nouveau furniture collection *shudder*, because of the challenge.
Just think about it, what recolour would make look those Windows _actually_ good, and therefore useable?
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenMarie
I love what you did, perhaps you would like to think about doing this to HugeLunatics Open Underneath version of the Storybook "Crime"?
I always thought, if I would start to do stuff for the Sims myself, I'd give the whole Storybook thing a try - that, or the Art Nouveau furniture collection *shudder*, because of the challenge.
Just think about it, what recolour would make look those Windows _actually_ good, and therefore useable?

I...actually hadn't thought of the Open Underneath stairs because I don't have/use them and am scared of stairs that need scripts, as I think those do, if I remember right. But I think that at least in this particular case, such a thing might be useful, indeed... *swallows bravely at the script thing, and goes off to download*

Because of recoloring this stair, I've discovered that it's quite fun to take the Maxis stuff that I never use because I think it's hideous or because it's just not a style that I like (In my case, other than the Horrifying Pastel, that would be the Country stuff from Seasons) and trying to make it useful, at least to me, without actually changing anything of the mesh because I'm not very good at that. (Yet?) You should give it a try! It's really not that hard. I have been sort of leaning toward the stuff in the Build Catalog, but now I look at the Buy Catalog and go, "Hmmmmm...." Like those "Art Nouveau" cabinets that have potential style/shape-wise, but I just don't like the colors... Hmmmmm....

I've now de-pastel'ed pretty much all of the Storybook items. The column and the fence, at least. I'm now eyeing the windows, thinking that they'd be a lot less stupid-looking without the curlicue things, and that would be an easy fix. I think they COULD be made useful, definitely. Is there a door? I never noticed...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 1:41 AM
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
FYI: My open underneath stairs are slaved to their counterpart, so these recolors will work for them. =)

Oh, sweet!

Thanks so much for your hard work in making those stairs recolorable. And, really, thank you so much for...everything that you've done. I seriously don't think I could play this game without your items and your fixes. (Like the one that allows you to put Maxis rugs off-grid without them looking stupid.) You, to me, are a goddess. Thanks so much for all that you do.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 3:24 AM
Fantastic!
Great work!
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 2:50 PM
Default open underneath
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
FYI: My open underneath stairs are slaved to their counterpart, so these recolors will work for them. =)

yup....my fault.
It is just that I have....so many stairs already, so I did not find them at first : ) silly me!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:06 AM
Your stuff rocks, iCad. Glad to see you're planning recolours of the Uni concrete stair - I use your rusty rail version of them in Strangetown all the time, they suit the desert very well.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 10:54 PM
I also hated the stupid pastel colours of these stairs, you are a savior, these are perfect for the elvish-styled restaurant I'm working on :P I might upload it here once its done, if I feel like it XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 7:34 PM
Hey, so will you recolor HugeLunatics Open Underneath stairs? I'd love to have those in my game in your recolors.