Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 8:47 AM
Default Dakota Fanning
So this is my first Celebrity Sim and my second all round sim.
I picked her because no one else has made her. I NO her eyes are terrible, I am working on those (they are better then they were trust me)

It's about time I finish and upload her. SO how much more motivation will I get but you guys? lol.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 9:02 AM
Great start!
Eyes are a bit big.
Nose is a tad too wide.
Need to widen jaw. Maybe reduce her head size a tad.
Need to move that "jaw line width" slider to the left a tad.
Scale down her chin a tad, she needs a tiny bit of indentation under her bottom lip.
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 12:58 PM
I agree with Jak and I think you could try and find some pictures where she is not smiling. Some pictures with a neutra face.
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 11:19 PM
get rid of the smile, nobody is perma-smiling except the joker, eyes smaller, slightly thinner nose, I think you should invest in the 'outer eyebrow height' slider by bella (just google bella sims 3 sliders), chin height down, head a bit less wide, and a different hair.
(sorry if I repeated anything, i just say what I see)

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 12:29 AM
Try moving her top apex just a bit away from the nose. Closer to 10 or 11 o'clock of her pupil. Bottom might need to come in towards the nose as well. Then make them somewhat squintier. I think this is the eye shape slider (can't remember all the names since I rarely dabble in CAS). I do agree about the lips. Less smily but boy is it hard to kind of picture of her not smirking or smiling or downright grinning. It's unnatural to be that happy! Push pictures may be best to look for. I think I have one, but it's still not the best.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 5:31 AM
Man, I love Dakota in Push...
Sim Dakota is promissing, I´d love if we could replace the outrageous Caliente sisters in Barnacle Bay with her and a Sim Kristen Stewart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 9:59 AM
*Rolls eyes* seriously?? Hahaha I know, btw hair??? I just threw that on I change it every time I save her to the sim bin lol.

I am working on eyes at the moment, that is my concerntration, to get perfect almond. I got them almost perfect once, but my computer had a hissy and quit... I haven't been so angry in a while. I shall get onto it tomorrow as I had to do up judging spread sheets for my contest after my dinner date!! Thanks guys

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 8:54 AM

So I need to find decent hair and eye brows that look better. Also those eyes are defiantly not up to standard but these sweet things take time.
And If I wont on her too much at once I will hate her for life - so here is the update

Scholar
#9 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 9:39 AM
Yay! I really like Dakota, you got a good start too!
The RL Dakota has a more plump nose, so:

-Bigger nose tip
-Slightly higher nostrils
- Top lip needs more shape (fuller) but not by much.
- and maybe push her eyes out of the socket a bit, so she has that slightly bulging look.
And maybe these hairs?
http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=402962
http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=398526
http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396443

Hope this helps.

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Instructor
#10 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 9:47 AM
You're doing good and thedivineone is right. Maybe you should rotate the nose upwards a bit, too. And her eyes are bigger. Cheers
Scholar
#11 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:11 PM
I agree whit Thedivine and Dutch and I think you could make the upper eyelid shows a bit.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 7:13 AM
So here is the next update.

- Still not happy with eyes (Oh gosh so hard)
- Need to find the perfect eye brows
- Find hair with no fringe/bangs, long and part down the middle.
- and figure out the rest tomorrow.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:04 AM

Hi...
Mouth needs to be a little wider. Nostrils are a bit too wide, bring them in a bit.
Scale up her nose tip a bit.
Move eyesocket depth slider to the right. Top eye lids needs to show a tiny bit.
Scale down her chin a tiny bit... then use the chin depth.
Looks like she needs eyebags.

Screenshots

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Thanks! I don't always succeed but will give it my best.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:27 AM
Were is the eyesocket depth slider????? and I though the eye lids were perfect .... meh what would I know lol

Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 3:46 PM
I liked the nose better in the picture before your last picture post, but it needs to be smaller. There's an eyesocket height slider, and then at the very bottom of eyes there's an eye depth slider, but I don't think there's a combined slider?
Forum Resident
#16 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
Were is the eyesocket depth slider????? and I though the eye lids were perfect .... meh what would I know lol

Sorry, eyesocket slider is what I meant. This one controls how much of her upper lid you see. You don't have any lid showing on your sim, the model does. Just a tad...
She is looking good!

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Thanks! I don't always succeed but will give it my best.
Scholar
#17 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:38 PM
lower her cheekbones a bit as well, and give her nostrils a tad less definition, and a larger nose tip and thinner >< nostrils

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 9:44 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 9th Oct 2010 at 10:19 AM.
I just checked, and the eye socket slider is at the highest it can go lol.

I think she's getting better, but still doesn't look like her. I shall keep playing for a bit.

Inventor
#19 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 11:14 AM
Maybe the chin is too pointed, try moving it higher up?
She looks really good so far.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 11:24 AM
Minus the eye bags lol *searching searching* stupid sim.

Instructor
#21 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 12:27 PM
Maybe just make her eyebrows slightly thicker and rotate them a little and it'll be great. Push a mouth up just a tad and I think Dakota Fanning herself would be shocked looking at your sim! :P
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#22 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 2:59 PM
I definitely agree about the eyebrow rotation. I think one of the things that's throwing her off for me is the hair. I suppose the style is okay (although it looks kinda choppy) but I think the color needs to be more golden, less platinum.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 11:44 PM
The hair is not there to stay!!!!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 6:32 AM

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#25 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 3:16 PM
I don't know if it is the angle of the shot or the hair, but out of CAS her head looks too long. Dakota has a cute, little, heart shaped head but your sims (out of CAS) looks like it is more oval. She also looks older in game as well.

Eyebrows still may need to come down a little so they are angled more like \ /. Just a bit more.

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: has useful sculpting information.
Page 1 of 2