Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beautiful Pool House in Connecticut by Hariri & Hariri Architecture

by armiel Posted 10th Oct 2010 at 8:30 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2010 at 9:26 PM by armiel : one more credit missing...

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 9:58 PM
How beautiful this home is. Great work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 2:09 AM
This is really a terrific looking home. I love the wood and tile in the kitchen. You did a wonderful job!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 4:37 AM
Your house is absolutely gorgeous! I love the interior shots. The red goes so well with the wood!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 10:20 PM
Congrats on it getting it uploaded,its beautiful I have one question though,how did you get the pool to look like that?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 5:14 AM
Thanks everyone :D

gabrielorie:
The smaller pool?
It's on about 2 clicks higher ground, and has flabs' retaining wall around it.
Inventor
#7 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 8:35 PM
Ooh thanks I need to try that
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 9:44 PM
This is awesome! I like it!!
Thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 5:50 AM Last edited by kuanzc : 20th Jan 2011 at 6:18 AM.
Hi, I have a few question, please give me a hand.

Could you post a screenshot of the small pool, i think mine is abit glitchy... the shape of the retaining walls around it isn't square and doesn't looks nice.

Could you tell me how to paint and place tiles on the retaining wall?

The value of my lot is different with yours, mine is
Furnished 104,054
Unfurnished 74,147

Does that means I have something missing?

Btw, when I download all the custom content, some of the files are repeated, and I just replace them. Did I do something wrong there?

Thank you for reading and please help me.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kuanzc
Hi, I have a few question, please give me a hand.

Could you post a screenshot of the small pool, i think mine is abit glitchy... the shape of the retaining walls around it isn't square and doesn't looks nice.

Could you tell me how to paint and place tiles on the retaining wall?

The value of my lot is different with yours, mine is
Furnished 104,054
Unfurnished 74,147

Does that means I have something missing?

Btw, when I download all the custom content, some of the files are repeated, and I just replace them. Did I do something wrong there?

Thank you for reading and please help me.

I'd rather you posted the pics of problem you are having. If it's a problem with flabalikis retaining walls, check his download post if there is anything about the problem, and if there isn't, you should post about the problem there too, so he can fix things.

The retaining wall has it's own top tiles, which you can recolour by CAST-tool.

I don't know why your lot price-values are different, and right now i can't check if i have made a mistake cause I'm not at home.

When downloading cc, if you already have some of the files, it's ok to replace them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 9:17 AM
Here are some of the pics.
Are they suppose to be like that?

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 9:37 AM
Hmm, looks to me that the corner pieces of the retaining wall have rotated to a wrong position. This may be due to the actual lot rotation (if the rotation is different than on the original (mine)).
You can delete the corner pieces of the retaining wall and replace them (the retaining walls are found in fences). Then just use CAST-tool to match them to other parts of the retaining wall.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 10:03 AM
So, the two square slope on the side of the pool and the one square slope on the other side of the small pool is intended?

Btw, how do you create the slope?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 11:26 AM
Yes, the slope is intented. It's only visible cause the corner pieces have rotated to wrong position.

How to create slope? Use terrain tools. If you need more help building wise, please use our building forum to ask your questions. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=594
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 12:01 PM
Thank you, you have been a great help.