Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unique Design I: The Overhang

by Johnny_Bravo Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 3:21 PM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 3:34 PM
WOW, great idea ! This house is amazing. I love the inside decoration and the way you did the pool. Thanks for sharing
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:25 PM Last edited by gabrielorie : 19th Oct 2010 at 5:21 AM.
Vey unique,thank you I love the mountainous feel to it and how the pool is on a cliffside,just like my grandparents' beachouse
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 12:02 AM
Very unique - I like the sixties modern feel to this lot
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 1:47 PM
Ooo, cool. Its not that unique a design. I see houses like this one all the time on the river or lake front in New Orleans. Most people build like that around there due to the possible water rise if a hurricane comes along.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moiraesfate
Ooo, cool. Its not that unique a design. I see houses like this one all the time on the river or lake front in New Orleans. Most people build like that around there due to the possible water rise if a hurricane comes along.

Maybe. I don't live in USA. But I think it's unique in Sims

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#7 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 12:32 PM
Very unique, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 3:27 PM
where should i place it in the neighborhood?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jeanne93
where should i place it in the neighborhood?

Place a custom 50x25 lot on the other side of Wright way, the long side of the lot must go up the mountain. And if it's correct, the lot can be conected on the road

#10 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 7:36 PM
I downloaded and installed this house, but the custom walls have installed as black, and look weird in game, I can't even recolour them as they are just black :o( How do I fix that? I installed the files for the walls in program files/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 Fast Lane/Mods/Packages folder, is that right?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jake Lucas
I downloaded and installed this house, but the custom walls have installed as black, and look weird in game, I can't even recolour them as they are just black :o( How do I fix that? I installed the files for the walls in program files/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 Fast Lane/Mods/Packages folder, is that right?

You must put it in your C*://Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/packages
NOT in any expansion or stuff pack folder.
Fast lane is a stuff pack.

* D:/
K:/
or where ever you installed it

#12 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 8:16 PM
where where where!!
Quote: Originally posted by Zandvoort
Place a custom 50x25 lot on the other side of Wright way, the long side of the lot must go up the mountain. And if it's correct, the lot can be conected on the road

Hello, I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm french. It's a very very very nice house, i love the overhang!!
but i don't understand where we must put this house!
In which word?? Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook, Barnacle Bay?? I dont' have Barnacle Bay but I have the orthers and I don't find the "wright way", or the "cliffhouses" (you tell about this family in your présentation if I understood).
Can you help me please?
Than you very much for your help!

Aurore
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 7:38 PM
I think it's wonderfully unique (for the sims3) I've been looking for houses like this that utilize all the hills in Sunset Valley. Can't wait to get in the game and see if I can get this set up. (Not sure where "Wright Way" is in Sunset Valley, if in Sunset Valley. Perhaps you could specify where it is e.g. Riverview, Sunset Valley...etc). Thank you for making this and posting it for us out here. Fantastic work (I know it was hard too giggle).
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:09 PM
Invara: You know those EA cliffhouses at the beach? That's Wright way
I'm glad to hear you like it