Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wallpaper Overlays: the Borders Edition -plus- a Maxis Border Hider file

by CatherineTCJD Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 5:40 PM - Updated 18th Nov 2021 at 2:58 PM by CatherineTCJD : Improved the mesh

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:59 PM
This is really wonderful. Having the borders separate from the wall coverings is the correct way to do this; I've always been sorry that EA decided to do this the wrong way and it's nice to see that someone has fixed it. Thanks so much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:27 PM
Thank you! I agree (obviously )

I just wish there was a "neater" way to do this - this IS kinda cumbersome. But, the end result is what I wanted... *shrug* I concluded, until someone comes up with a way to add transparency to regular wallcoverings, this is gonna have to do.

I'm glad you like them. I hope people find them useful. :D

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:50 PM
Genius! Thanks so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:27 PM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 1:05 AM
Ahhhhh, excellent. *eyes tilely-looking overlays speculatively, given my tile obsession of late* Like Mootilda said, this is totally the right way to do this. And I love that they're layerable. Excellent work!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:25 AM
Hiya iCad! And, I've been ogling all your tile goodies lately. I'm REALLY glad you like these. Are you gonna save me the askin' for permission part? (And the doin' all the work? Wait - I mean, "havin' all the fun" part?)

Er... I have another inside version - for kick, crown, wainscoting type trims; and also an 'outside' type version for stucco, Tudor, etc, trimmings. These other 2 flavors should be uploaded pretty soon. Just thought I should mention it *whistles mindlessly*

The reason for the 3 meshes is just to keep my files in order. (Someday I'm gonna separate my 200+ Jonesi blankets into solids, stripes, and prints on their own versions of their mesh too. ) OCD. Imagine what I could get done if my Simmies weren't here? ...nah.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:15 PM
Seriously awesome way to handle what Maxis f'd up so badly from the get go!

The "hider" for the (now happily redundant) Maxis walls is the icing on the cake!!

Thanks a bunch...and I am looking forward to the other mods in this series you mentioned!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:06 PM
These are brillant, lots of thanks
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Hiya iCad! And, I've been ogling all your tile goodies lately. I'm REALLY glad you like these. Are you gonna save me the askin' for permission part? (And the doin' all the work? Wait - I mean, "havin' all the fun" part?)

Don't encourage me, woman! Mainly because I need to finish this massive bathroom project that I started a while ago. *sigh* But I like the colors/mosaic patterns in those tile borders (and I don't have Lifestyle Stories), and now I kinda sorta really want some matchy bits. Walls and floors, at least. Of course, then I go on an EVERYTHING MUST MATCH, DAMMIT! kick, and then I start recoloring toilets and towels and counters and tub/showers and...this is how massive bathroom projects begin life. *laughs*

And hey, do what you like with my stuff. Just be prepared when my ego swells exponentially.

Quote:
Er... I have another inside version - for kick, crown, wainscoting type trims; and also an 'outside' type version for stucco, Tudor, etc, trimmings. These other 2 flavors should be uploaded pretty soon. Just thought I should mention it *whistles mindlessly*

Oh, I would LOVE those, the interior ones especially! I just got a request for kick/crown/chair rail/etc. trim walls in normal wood colors (as opposed to white or Maxis's ugly-wood-from-alien-planets colors). Plus I'm recoloring Maxis doors/windows in my wood palette and want some trim walls to match. Just last night I was thinking as I fell asleep about how in the world to work it, how to have a range of colors with a range of different trims without having to make 80 different versions of the same color wall. Overlays would CERTAINLY do the trick; I just have no clue how to make them. But if YOU'VE made them... Well, I could just make recolors and then folks could stick 'em on any wall they want, et voila! So when you put those up here, I'll download 'em in a heartbeat and start coloring/uploading. With your permission for the latter, of course.

Quote:
The reason for the 3 meshes is just to keep my files in order. (Someday I'm gonna separate my 200+ Jonesi blankets into solids, stripes, and prints on their own versions of their mesh too. ) OCD. Imagine what I could get done if my Simmies weren't here? ...nah.

Well, my real-life house would certainly be cleaner if I wasn't so busy making stuff for Sim houses! Ah well. That's what four teenagers (two of my own, two of my housemate's) are for: "You! In the green shirt! Go clean the bathrooms! And you! Go clean the kitchen. Yes, the oven, too, and for God's sake stop whining about it." *laughs* We consider it payment for all that we've done for them since...Well, since the moment they were conceived. It means she can paint ('cuz she's an artist), and I can...make stuff for Sim houses and, y'know, maybe do some practicing that I've been neglecting even though I've got concerts coming up, but...naaaaaaah. *laughs*

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 2:55 AM
Yes! Flat rectangles should be extremely low poly. What a very, very useful thingie. :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:17 PM
I wanted to download this when it was posted, but I had to reorganize my DL folder first and now it's time. Yay! Thank you for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 1:16 AM
"Catherine, I think I just fell in love with you." Modified quote from Coyote Ugly. But it is true, these are just...just...god where were these like 5 years ago? *huggles* I am kidding, thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 1:24 AM
You are very welcome. ;-D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th May 2015 at 8:50 PM
/me grabs

These sets are great, thank you! The wall deco will be usable now. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 10:10 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th May 2017 at 5:19 PM
Thank you