Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scribbling Pad

by Buzzler Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 2:27 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

466 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 241 Feedback Posts, 224 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 19
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:46 PM
I've been waiting for this one for my non techy world... now that it's out it's only a matter of time before someone switches the pencil with a feathered quill, right?

Wonderful. Thank you!
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:49 PM
Could you do a version of this mod that uses some of the actions from the painting easel or the drafting table -- essentially, a sketchbook? Something that wouldn't give you finished sellable paintings to hang up, but something for the artistic sims to practice their skill on.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Belailyo : 30th Oct 2010 at 8:19 AM.
did you steal that from moghudson for the sims 2?

but nomatter what, it's great to have this in sims 3 too.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Belailyo
did you steal that from moghudson do that for the sims 2?

Since the Sims 2 and Sims 3 are two totally separate games and coding in one won't work in the other, I don't see how you can "steal" from one or the other.
Anyway, thank very much Buzzler for creating and sharing this mod. It has always annoyed me that my Sim writers were forced to use computers instead of paper and pen/pencil/quill.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:09 PM
This is wonderful, Buzzler. Thank you very much indeed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:32 PM
This is awesome! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:58 PM
Very useful. Thanks!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:02 PM
Awesome! Now all my sims are going to be writers! And it's great for storytellers too. Thanks! ^-^
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:31 PM
oooh neat! I love writing with a pen and paper instead of using a computer, so i'm glad my sims can do it too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:12 PM
I've been asking for this for a long time. THANK YOU.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:08 PM
When I try to click this wonderful thing in the buy catalogue, my game freezes so hard that I have to push the reset button to get my computer back.

I am quite terrified to write this, since when something doesn't work, it's usually beacuse I did something wrong. Unless others have reported the same issue. Which they don't seem to have. Could this be because I have Late Night installed?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:28 PM
Thanks so much for creating this! Now my not-quite-as-fortunate sims can write their stories without having to purchase a computer. They all thank you for this :-)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:37 PM
I have been wanting this FOREVER even put it i the EA Requestline about and everthing you were talking about. Some of m sims live on island. Hurrah!!!!!. Would love if you could do a sketchpad also. Or even a oldfashion, non-electric typewriter for my detective's office. Would die for. (not literally.LOL)
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:51 PM
Yet another of this great ideas/things you never knew you needed (Well I never knew anyway! ) and now I DO!!! :D

Thanks!
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:01 PM
I clicked on it and it crashed on me. Not updated for nightlife?

Thanks anyways though. Wish I could use it.

I didnt do it...
My imaginary friend did it...
Ok, I did do it but my imaginary friend told me to do it... I swear she did, honest!
I'm not crazy! Really Im not!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Belailyo
did you steal that from moghudson do that for the sims 2?
This mod is completely unrelated. I was in the process of eradicating all the little issues when I saw the other notebook mod. It was quite a negative surprise before I saw that the other one is actually for TS2.

Quote: Originally posted by tigeresskitten6
I clicked on it and it crashed on me. Not updated for nightlife?
This mod has been in the queue for quite some time. I had the update ready and was waiting for approval to upload the update. We didn't figure out the crashing issues of all object mods until yesterday, though.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:00 PM
love it, but it crashes
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jasonleeholm
Could you do a version of this mod that uses some of the actions from the painting easel or the drafting table -- essentially, a sketchbook?{..}
Probably not, sorry. There are no animations for that and the easel/drafting table animations won't work for the notepad object. It would probably look very weird if I used the writing animations for a sketching action.

Quote: Originally posted by Keirin
love it, but it crashes
Is that with the updated version?

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:42 PM
Wow, this is so neat and feels more natural than carrying a laptop around; thanks for sharing ^^
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:55 PM
Really cool! I once made an Ernest Hemingway sim but since he was a technophobe he didn't like the writing process (scratch that one).

Does anyone have a typewriter item for writing? Or would you be able to make one? I've always been interested with having a typewriter for more old fashioned sims. I imagine it would use the same animations as the computer but it could be coded to avoid upsetting technophobes.
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by secretman
Does anyone have a typewriter item for writing? Or would you be able to make one?{...}
Making a typewriter is a lot more difficult than it initially sounds. It would need a new mesh (Duh!) with custom animations for the platen-roller and paper, and the typing animations would need to be altered so the sim's hands don't clip into the mesh and he/she actually looks at the paper and not some point above it. I'm not a mesher, and I don't mess with custom animations. Getting all this JAZZ script stuff into my brain to make the homework animations work for adults, was enough messing with the animation stuff for me. If you happen to stumble over a mesher who fiddles with custom animations but doesn't do scripting, I'd be more than willing to write the code for him/her.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:34 PM
Cool mod, now I can have sims work the old-fashioned way, actually write. I don't know why EA didn't make this way of writing available, since there are techno-phobes in the game.

Now I can complete my insane, neurotic, artist, techno-phobic, writer just the way I want them to be. Thank you.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:38 PM
at first when I click it in the buy catalogue my game crashed but I deleted and re-downloaded it and it works fine (so far)
thank you so much I've been waiting for someone to do this
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:50 PM
Oh my gosh this was sooo needed. And using the homework as a base was a stroke of pure genius!
Page 1 of 19