Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

s3lc (Language Changer)

by MarkJS Posted 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:30 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:56 PM by Nysha

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:57 PM
hey mark, i just noticed that you've spelled something wrong, danian isn't a language, if you sometime are going to make a new version, please call it "Danish"

i think most of us danes would be very happy
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 9:12 PM
Trying it now.
Aaaaaand... It works! Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 9:34 PM Last edited by xecari : 2nd Nov 2010 at 10:17 PM.
Thanks so much for this! I'm Brazilian but living in the US, and now I can finally play the game in Portuguese!

Edit: There's a problem...when I switched the language to Portuguese, the launcher and loading screen were instantly translated and great. In terms of the actual game, though, (including aspirations, wishes, relationships, menu options, you name it) nothing worked. All I got were blank boxes! I switched it back to U.S. English, and it all works again. What could be wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 10:07 PM
Ah man I was hoping for something slightly different when I saw this. I'm waiting for the mod that actually changes the language that the Sims speak in-game. I'd love to see the algorithm for that!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 11:46 PM
^Haha good luck with that (considering that it would involve new recordings for the entire game....)

This is really cool, I don't have much a use for it (hmm practice for German class?) but I know a ton of people are going to love you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:31 AM
Hi hun!! And thanks so much for the hard work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:34 AM
Thanks guys for the comments and help!

Quote: Originally posted by iqmaster
hey mark, i just noticed that you've spelled something wrong, danian isn't a language, if you sometime are going to make a new version, please call it "Danish"

i think most of us danes would be very happy

Hey, sorry about that. I am fixing it next release.

Quote: Originally posted by xecari
Thanks so much for this! I'm Brazilian but living in the US, and now I can finally play the game in Portuguese!

Edit: There's a problem...when I switched the language to Portuguese, the launcher and loading screen were instantly translated and great. In terms of the actual game, though, (including aspirations, wishes, relationships, menu options, you name it) nothing worked. All I got were blank boxes! I switched it back to U.S. English, and it all works again. What could be wrong?

That's strange, I tried it with 3 different computers and they all worked. Is someone else experiencing this?
Well, if it changed the Launcher and the loading screen that means the language is changed by means.
But as for that blank boxes could be something else, like the content for other languages wasn't installed throughly? Try to use other languages to see if the same thing happens.

Quote: Originally posted by RedTele
Ah man I was hoping for something slightly different when I saw this. I'm waiting for the mod that actually changes the language that the Sims speak in-game. I'd love to see the algorithm for that!

As Rob said, it would involve many many recordings over the game voices.
Plus, some simlish words are very short compared with real languages, making it possible that it delays too much in order to be implemented such feature.
Try posting this idea on the mod discussion, maybe someone can point out some voice files you can change yourself.

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:42 AM
Okay, I fixed the Danish language name, thanks iqmaster.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:17 AM
I might just download this... Might help my french vocabulary ^___^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 11:13 AM
Thank you for the swedish language! :D

I might download the italian just to improve my italian
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:52 PM
Can you add Bulgarian language?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 4:28 PM
hey that's sooooo great - i ever wanted to play in english but didn't want to install and uninstall every expansion. now i can play in what language i like.

THANKS A LOT!
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 5:22 PM
The country flags for the Netherlands and Denmark, Spain and Italy, Germany and South Korea are switched. Also, the Czech language has the USA flag.
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:06 AM
Hi, I bought my game in Australia, it doesn't have languages like Chinese, Japanese and some language like that at the first beginning, will this language changer still work?
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:34 PM
You can only change to languages which your game edition supports. The digital download version has all languages, but for example the us version only has english, spanish and frensh texts, while the international/european version for example has no eastern languages.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkJS
Okay, I fixed the Danish language name, thanks iqmaster.

Hehe, thanks man. I really appreciate that
even tough I actually have copy with my own language, some Danes will be glad to have their language spelled right
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 6:18 PM
Thank you, thank you thank you! It's so great for learning the different languages, so I don't have to install it everytime first in German and then in swedish, when there is a new ep :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 10:48 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments and help.

Quote: Originally posted by arodvi
Can you add Bulgarian language?

I can, but I would need the language locale string from it.
I will write a small application to gather that information and send you in a moment.

Quote: Originally posted by CoolBas
The country flags for the Netherlands and Denmark, Spain and Italy, Germany and South Korea are switched. Also, the Czech language has the USA flag.

Only Czech seems to be wrong though. Other flags are right as far as Google says.

Quote: Originally posted by jonha
You can only change to languages which your game edition supports. The digital download version has all languages, but for example the us version only has english, spanish and frensh texts, while the international/european version for example has no eastern languages.

I forgot to point this out, thanks jonha. Will put in the main thread.

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Scholar
#20 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 11:52 AM
Here is a code extract from my AnyGameStarter3 program, which shows all the available languages per game region. You may want to put that in your program, too, or just use it for documentation:

Sku1Languages = English, French, Spanish
Sku2Languages = English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, PortugueseBrazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
Sku3Languages = English, ChineseTraditional, Korean
Sku5Languages = Japanese
Sku7Languages = English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, PortugueseBrazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Japanese, ChineseTraditional, Korean, Thai

Sku1 = American
Sku2 = Worldwide
Sku3 = Asian
Sku5 = Japanese
Sku7 = Digital Download

Interestingly, the Thai language seems to be only in the Digital Download version. As I don't have a Thai edition of the game, i can't check myself if this is correct, or if Thai maybe uses Sku6.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 8:29 PM
Thanks a lot jonha I will implement it in future to auto identify.

The thai version even though it seems only available in Digital Download the actual game doesn't have Thai texts, only launcher texts and loading screen translated.
Have a friend from there and he says that in Thai only thing that changes to his language is that.
Not sure what sku it uses apart from DD though.

Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 10:37 PM
Default hi
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Here is a code extract from my AnyGameStarter3 program, which shows all the available languages per game region. You may want to put that in your program, too, or just use it for documentation:

Sku1Languages = English, French, Spanish
Sku2Languages = English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, PortugueseBrazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
Sku3Languages = English, ChineseTraditional, Korean
Sku5Languages = Japanese
Sku7Languages = English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, PortugueseBrazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Japanese, ChineseTraditional, Korean, Thai

Sku1 = American
Sku2 = Worldwide
Sku3 = Asian
Sku5 = Japanese
Sku7 = Digital Download

Interestingly, the Thai language seems to be only in the Digital Download version. As I don't have a Thai edition of the game, i can't check myself if this is correct, or if Thai maybe uses Sku6.

How can i change in Romanian? please helpme
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 11:29 AM
does this destroy your families?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CIOBYNHOSIMS
How can i change in Romanian? please helpme

If your game region have the Romanian language available then you can just use the tool.
I will be updating this tool to automatically detect, I am busy with another tool right now so I might do this later.

Quote: Originally posted by Possupopo
does this destroy your families?

This tool only changes the default game language.
There's always a possibility that your families are destroyed, but as far as this registry change occours, it would not be the main cause of such thing.

I've experienced that sometimes if you change the language and save, after you load some menu interactions might be in the last language, but once you save again that's fixed.

Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 7:59 AM
[QUOTE=MarkJS]If your game region have the Romanian language available then you can just use the tool.
I will be updating this tool to automatically detect, I am busy with another tool right now so I might do this later.

When you install The Sims 3 Region select from Romania, but then do the update when I get into the tools and select the Romanian language ... and when I save to get into The Sims 3 luncher I get an error and can not get into game than the executable but the language does not change. please help me, and me somehow. thanks
Page 1 of 4