Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

s3ce (Sims3Pack CommandLine Extractor)

by MarkJS Posted 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:29 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:57 PM by Nysha

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:33 AM
hi hun! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:07 PM
Thanks, just used it really easy to use
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBonnie
hi hun! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us

Oh, you're welcome hun! It's a pleasure to be able to do so.

Quote: Originally posted by rorsdors
Thanks, just used it really easy to use

Glad you find it easy to use rosdors. :D

Any feedback on what I can improve or new ideas are welcome.

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 11:58 PM
I can't even begin to thank you enough for the fact that it maintains the file name! I have so many extracted sims3pack files that are just a mess of random characters that I have no clue what they are... This will certainly be the new way I handle pack files. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:06 PM
oh is very good - tnks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 2:27 AM
Thank o
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 12:34 PM
Hi, I downloaded your program, but I don't understand how to use it. Give some examples about the names of directories, which I should configure after extracting the zipped files. Give some more detailed instructions for newbies like me.
And I have some questions:
1. Does this tool clash with Custom Launcher, which I use for the package files?
2.Does this tool clash with some mods (Twallan's or awesome)?
3.Can this tool install multiple files?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:50 PM
Thank you soooo much for this! I love love love it. Makes everything sooooo much easier, Thaks again!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 10:59 PM
Thank you so very very much, it is such a big help.

Warmest regards!!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 11:56 PM
Could you make a version that doesn't need admin rights every run?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 12:56 PM
Very handy tool, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 6:06 AM
Thanks so much for this awesome extractor. I downloaded it a while ago and I use it all the time! I love how you can extract packages from (multiple) Sim3packs just using the context menu. And the integration with S3RC really saves me a lot of time!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 7:43 AM
I love this tool! Thank you!

I created a batch file that calls RigFix instead of s3rc and now I am using this to both extract the package and fix it right away. Saves huge amount of time!
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 10:04 AM
Thanks alot for this!

Since a week i was having weird problems with the launcher (i know using the game launcher..tss tss) that would "install" my downloads, but in game there was nothing, and each time i restarted the game, the downloads were always uninstalled.

So, thanks alot for your tool, its a great work around with something i know that will work well. (Yay for packages!) The tool works like a charm, really easy to use.

Simple question: does it works with patterns too and store items? Just want to know before i bork my game once again.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 4:34 AM
Attempting to run this from the command line under Windows 7 results in a "Permission denied" error. I assume this is because it needs administrator rights, as zaide_chris mentioned. (Why? It is only modifying a file in my document folder.)

Is there a way to solve this? If not, this program is useless to me.

I have a program to help organize my CC, and I want it to unpack sims3pack files 1 at a time (so that it can keep track of which package came from which sims3pack). Delphy's multi installer works great, but having to click the button for each of hundreds of files is a pain and takes forever. I really want a command line extractor. This appears to be exactly what I am looking for, if only I can make it work under Windows 7.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 2:46 AM
I don't know why I still have some sims3packs that doesn't work... but anyway, you helped me a lot with your creation. Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 4:46 AM
Thanks so much! Ive got great plans for this one
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 11:08 PM
I love this program so much! SO MUCH, I tell you!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 1:33 PM
@danceguy
If you call "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER" on your command line before calling this it should be forced to run with out admin rights. Should work in bat files too.
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 3:30 AM
Thank you so much for this! I totally love it - and the fact it puts sims3pack extracted files into already named folders when it has more than one package inside.. it is saving me loads of time and do not have to do it one by one and manually make folders - like with delphy's (but I do love his stuff so not complaining or anything)
my question is - how many sims3pack files is safe to drop onto the program at once? I have dropped 30 so far :-) but I wonder if it can handle many many more? thanks and wow! I do love this program - saving me soooo much time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 9:29 PM
Thanks dear
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 11:10 PM
massa
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 5:36 PM
haven't used this yet, but if it does what it seems to say, I'm very grateful to find this here, along with the instructions!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 4:09 PM
good
Page 1 of 2