Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 4:54 PM
Excellent! I hope it fixes the crash
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 4:58 PM
Nope still crashed my game. :\

I ran the game twice, and I went into buy mode, clicked the object and the game crashed both times. So at least it got past the loading screens this time.
Inventor
#28 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:00 PM
I'll check with my version. Just give me a minute.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:02 PM
Okay. Thank you.
Inventor
#30 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:10 PM
It crashes for me too Though now I don't know if we did something wrong, or if there were other changes in Late Night that might cause this. I very vaguely remember something about OBJD/OBJK changes, though since I've never modded object I'm not sure.

Maybe someone else has an idea. I'll see if I can find what I was reading about.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:11 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 9th Nov 2010 at 5:38 PM.
Well at least it's not just me. Thank you for all your help.

I tried asking in the live chat for help but there are no modders present at this time. :\
Theorist
#32 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:44 PM
Um I would suggest not to fiddle with other people's script mods unless you know what you're doing. You might end up breaking your game
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:46 PM
All I did was change the namespace. :\ And it didn't break my game, when it's not in my game there's no crashing.

Only trying to update it, but clearly failing miserably.
Inventor
#34 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:48 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 9th Nov 2010 at 6:08 PM.
I found it! John and Rodney successfully purchased a Magic Gnome and put it in their garden

Do this in S3Pe:

1) Select the OBJK and click Grid
2) Select ComponentData and open it by clicking the "..." button
3) in the first of the Array (marked CDTString) change the data of the scriptClass to fit the namespace changes you made.
4) click okay, commit and save the whole thing
5) Enjoy Magic Garden Gnome in your game without crashing

ETA: Okay, it's in my garden, but I don't get a menu when clicking on it. Hmm.
ETA2: Added some msgs to see what is wrong, but now it works! So, maybe if you make this change, you'll be successful too
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:02 PM
LOL John and Rodney? Makes me think of Stargate Atlantis.

I also got it to stop crashing my game, but I didn't get a menu either.

Also, the name of it in the game is Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Dolphin26.MagicGardeningGnome instead of an actual object name. :\

Edit: msgs?
Inventor
#36 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:16 PM
Yes, they are the ones from Stargate Atlantis :D

Can you try to import the .dll again? I wonder if the OBJK thing has to be done first. Because I sincerely doubt my coding change made a difference. Though I'll remove the code again and check once more.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:18 PM
Rock on. I have SGA sims but haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

I tried that. Still the same thing.

This is what it looks like in my game.

Inventor
#38 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:28 PM
This is so strange. I removed my little test code changes and it still works, so it wasn't the msgs (as I suspected).

What is the namespace that you used? Mine is Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Dolphin26

I also moved the using statements outside of the namespace. Let me check if that makes a difference.

ETA: Yeah, your picture looks like it did for me before I changed the code. But as I said, even changing it back it works now. I'm trying to think of what else I could have done to make it work.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:31 PM
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Dolphin26.MagicGardeningGnome

Edit: I also moved the using statements outside of the namespace. Let me check if that makes a difference.

I think, if I understand correctly, mine are outside of the namespace.
Inventor
#40 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:39 PM
And your OBJK thing says "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Dolphin26.MagicGardeningGnome.MagicGardenignGnome"? You'd need two MagicGardenignGnome in there, one for the namespace, one for the class.

PS: Is there a way to undo a click on the love thing below the post? I accidentally hit it when switching back to the browser.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:41 PM
Nope, just one. I'll try it with two.

LOL you love yourself. :P

Edit: Sweet. That was the problem, it works now. Yay! Someone had requested me to update this modded object, and with your help I did. But I think you did most of the work, lol.

I was going to attempt to upload it to here, but since I haven't heard back from the original poster, I'm not sure if I should.
Inventor
#42 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:49 PM
At least I don't disagree with myself

It's great that it's working now! And if you find other abandoned mods you can now try to update them for yourself.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:52 PM
LOL this is true.

Yep! This is awesome, thank you so much for your help. :D
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#44 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I was going to attempt to upload it to here, but since I haven't heard back from the original poster, I'm not sure if I should.
You shouldn't. It's not yours and on MTS you need the original creator's approval to use their work. Besides: If you upload it here or anywhere, it becomes your job to support it. Will you be able to do that?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 11:45 AM Last edited by Daikyu : 13th Nov 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Hi,
Could you at least post the exacts modifications you did? Just by reading this post, I made the gnome ( and the orchids by the same author ) appear in the game with no crash; but I still have the hand when hovering the items and no menus… If you might post a step-by-step tutorial of what you did, I think it would help all the people who want the item updated without taking the support of the mod.
Thanks in advance ( and sorry for the multiples mistakes in English I surely have done )

EDIT: with "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Dolphin26" for the orchids, I have a greyed arrow and no menus; with "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Dolphin26.MagicGardeningGnome.MagicGardeningGnome", I have the hand without menus. Is it only a matter of namespace or do I have to edit the DLL too?
Inventor
#46 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 7:28 PM
In the code that you compiled you'll have something like this or similar:

Code:
namespace Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Dolphin26
// some other stuff
    public class MagicGardeningGnome : AbstractArtObject

What you'll need to use as the scriptClass is everything that comes after namespace combined with what comes after public class (the : and everything after it can be ignored).

So in my example it would be Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Dolphin26.MagicGardeningGnome.

Quote:
do I have to edit the DLL too

I'm not sure what you mean. Didn't you edit the namespace in the code and recompile it? If you only changed the scriptClass value, then you simply changed the mod so that the .dll won't be loaded (I think; I'm not an object modder), thus making it appear in the game, but also without any of the modded features (i.e. essentially just a decorative object).
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 7:48 PM
why cant he post the download on here the person who originally made the mod never bothers to come on anyway. and if it be possible i want kolipoki to know how to update his mod by posting a link to a forum post the tells you how to update the mod. because clearly his magic mod isnt working and hes taking an abnormally long time to update it for late night. i have waited nearly a month. and it still isnt solved. and if hes not going to do anything. i have a feeling we should give him some help on how to update. plus i have never had the chance to even play the magic mod at least once
Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 9:38 PM
It must be exactly what I have done, due to the fact every time I try to compile my DLL, I have 4 errors ( 2 "ResKeyTable" and 2 "ObjectIdTable" ), due probably to a lack of using directive ( reflector did not tell me which I had to use, so I tried to adapt from the tutorial of Kolipoki ).
Actually I have:
- System
- System.Collections.Generic
- System.Text
- Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations
- Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities
- Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions
- Sims3.Gameplay.Actors
- Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy
- Sims3.SimIFace
- Sims3.Gameplay.Skills
- Sims3.UI
- Sims3.Gameplay.Objects
Does I miss one?
Inventor
#49 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:22 PM
using Sims3.SimIFace.CustomContent;

This should take care of ResKeyTable and ObjectIdTable.
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Daikyu : 13th Nov 2010 at 11:39 PM.
Perfect! It worked!
But now, 35 more errors to play with...
I should say one because they are all the same, (approximately anything) "must declare a body because it is not marked abstract, extern, or partial"

EDIT: now I have the choice between 35 "must declare a body because it is not marked abstract, extern, or partial" or 19 "not all code paths return a value" thanks to the help file.
Page 2 of 4