Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beautiful Vista City Garden - NO CC!

by Caitie Posted 26th Nov 2010 at 7:37 PM

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 9:08 PM
You have done a wonderful job with this community garden! Like you, I'm obsessed with gardening too and most of my sims also eventually get around to making the finest nectar. This is going to be a nice lot to play and I like it better than the one I had installed in Bridgeport. The showers are definitely needed, even if you only have your sim harvest 1/3 of the crops so thanks so much for adding the showers. Besides the produce, it ALL seems perfect. Thanks so much. Quite a lovely spread! I look forward to playing it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 9:30 PM
Awesome!!! I can think of some other good uses for this too. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 2:36 AM
I love it! Thank you so much for making this. It's exactly what I needed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 2:44 AM
Thank you all! I'm so glad to learn that I'm not the only one who felt the need for something like this! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:47 AM
The garden is really amazing. I'm restarting fresh with Bridgeport, and I was appalled by the lack of space for a garden on my lot.
This solves all my problems! =D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 9:56 AM
Amazing, I love it! Finally a perfect garden for all my neighbourhoods. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 2:38 PM
It seams to be perfect! Can't wait to test it in game. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 2:49 PM
Thank you for working on this beautiful garden. In the game, and in RL, we need a beautiful green refuge like this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 3:53 PM
If one of you guys have LN, try looking for the vampire gnome as she loves those plasma fruit bushes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Caitie
some clever modder comes up with something akin to the hydroponics lab in The Sims 2, we're stuck either planting a little garden around the exterior of the building (which just looks tacky and is very inconvenient) or getting all our Sims' produce from the grocery store.

Thanks for this! ; I was thinking about trying to do a mod that
allows you to 'farm' on a lot you bought (Ambitions) and grow, weed and harvest just as if it was on your home lot ( currently community plants live forever and don't get weeds ) but I haven't reached very anywhere yet (just started) but thanks for this it's good to know we have other people who love to farm in sims 3 :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:23 PM
This is great! I also was dissapointed that EA didnt build a community garden for BP. I mean... come on! Its 2010! A lot of cities in RL should be trying to do this we all know how EA has been trying to promote environmental consciences in the game.
Anyways, this lot is fantastic and a great idea for our city slickers that just happen to have traits such as green thumb and loves the outdoors.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 1:40 AM
Does this mod include the link and roast palnts?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 12:49 AM
WHOA. You are psychic. The day before you posted this, I was searching EVERYWHERE for a community garden for Sims 3.

Major, major thanks. You saved me from a slow, painful death building my own.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 6:42 PM
Thanks, all! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by ShortYute
Thanks for this! ; I was thinking about trying to do a mod that
allows you to 'farm' on a lot you bought (Ambitions) and grow, weed and harvest just as if it was on your home lot ( currently community plants live forever and don't get weeds ) but I haven't reached very anywhere yet (just started) but thanks for this it's good to know we have other people who love to farm in sims 3 :D
I'm glad you like this lot! I understand why you would want a mod that allowed community plants to die, but I don't think that would be something I'm interested in, as you can't replant them on a community lot. So once they die, they're gone for good. Probably why EA coded it that way in the first place.

Quote: Originally posted by Kevida
Does this mod include the link and roast palnts?
No, nor does it include the new plants that came with BlackCat007's Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul. Just EA plants. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 10:28 PM
Thank you, much needed! I look forward to trying it out!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 8:24 PM
Thank you so much for this! I was hating that apartment dwellers had to give up gardening, but not any more!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 12:26 PM
This is perfect for my hippie and hobo sims xD . . . I dont know why i torture the poor AI lol

Thank you very much ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 10:27 PM
Thanks so much for this; it'll come in handy. Great idea (and execution)!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 2:31 AM
Hey, I LOVE this garden but I can't place it anywhere. What category does it go under? I've tried small park and large park but neither has worked. Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Hey, I LOVE this garden but I can't place it anywhere. What category does it go under? I've tried small park and large park but neither has worked. Thanks!!
It doesn't really matter what you zone a lot as, as long as it's zoned as a community lot. Each lot has its "type" built in to the data; if you place a lot that's "typed" differently, it'll automatically change the lot zoning so the two match. For example, I have "Beautiful Vista" zoned as a "small park" -- if you were to put it on a lot that was zoned as a fire station, for example, the game would automatically convert the zoning to be a small park, to match the lot. As long as the residential/commercial lot tags match up, it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure why it isn't placing in your game. Maybe the lot isn't quite big enough? I've had that happen before, where I think a lot is one size, then go to place a house on the lot, only to learn that it was only one or two tiles smaller than I thought.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 1:29 AM
Thank you for this lot. I was wondering what I was gonna do with Nl not having anywhere to farm. Thanks for sharing.
Instructor
#23 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 5:44 AM
Caitie, I don't know how often you check this thread anymore, but if so I have a question.

I tried downloading this, since I thought it was pretty cool. Unfortunately, when I placed it, no plants showed up, except for perhaps a couple (I can't even remember what they are now, it's been a little while). I think it was the Money Trees.

I was of course able to use buydebug to replace most of the plants (except for the egg, cheese, steak, and patty plants), but of course using that method means they're all "Normal" quality, and as far as I know there aren't any mods to set the quality to whatever I want. But I digress.

I have every EP and SP as of this writing, so every plant type is available to me.

Also, I do have many mods installed, but none of them directly relate to gardening and plants as far as I know.

Have any idea of what the problem could be?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:24 PM
Those life fruit and plasma are life saver!
Many thanks for the work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 11:23 PM
This is exactly what I need! Thank you!
Page 1 of 3