Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Project NO CC - Ben, the edgy stylist

by Arisuka Posted 30th Dec 2010 at 8:10 PM - Updated 30th Dec 2010 at 8:30 PM by Arisuka

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 8:27 PM
Arrrrrrvasin! I knew this was your sim even before I checked the creatorSomehow he looks familiar...
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toukokuu
Arrrrrrvasin! I knew this was your sim even before I checked the creatorSomehow he looks familiar...

That's a good thing
Many users say the same thing about my sims, that they look somehow familiar.. I really don't know why, but I often realize at some point that a sim looks like some specific person from my life, even from way, way past.

Alan_Gast

Yeah, I've gone all CC free now since I need to make tons of sims for my world. It was a bit hard at first, but now it's fun. Before it felt like there were so many limitations with the game's own resources, but now it feels like there's so much potential that gets easily ignored.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 10:45 PM
He is really awesome and i'm pretty sure the others will be great too!! Congrats!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:11 PM
Cool! Maybe this can give me some inspiration for making sims in my own world, it's hard to go CCless!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 12:20 AM
"Ben the edgy stylist!!" way funny!! thanx for brightening my day!!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vetxcl
"Ben the edgy stylist!!" way funny!! thanx for brightening my day!!

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it! Ben always has some extra-strong bleach in case you'll need some brightening into your other days.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 3:33 AM
Hooray for no CC! Don't get me wrong I love CC as much as the next person, but I hate when sims are uploaded with cc, especially when they are saved sims, because I can't not install the cc. This saves me a huge headache of installing the sim, changing the custom bits and then taking the file back out to avoid cc that I did not install on purpose. so where was I? Oh yeah....THANK YOU!!!!!!! Please I hope you make more sims without the CC and upload them, because I love your sims
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 5:41 AM
This DOES have CC.

Skin tone and fake eyes are CC.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 6:41 AM
But neither of those default replacements can fuck up your game when downloading a sim made with them, pretty much every other CC out there does so. In that case, I believe neither of those count. However, the slider hack itself kind of ruins the "no CC" feel for me.

I'll still download him. My Stylist sim needs some competition.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:27 AM
He looks so cool
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:28 AM
luckynicole659

You are wrong. This file doesn't include any CC. The eyes and skin are default replacements (if you had bothered to read the text properly) and aren't anyhow included in the file, and therefore your game will replace them with whatever default replacements you have installed (or don't have installed).

[QUOTE=Cohzaku]

I only have the slider hack INSTALLED. That doesn't mean it's been actually in use, or that his face will be f*cked up in your game. It is only mentioned in the text because it's a fact.
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 2:27 PM
I understand that the CC is not included in the download, but without the default skin and eyes, they sim will NOT look the same. That means the CC will be needed, included in the file or not.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 3:03 PM
The point of making sims CC-less is the freedom of choosing. You don't HAVE to download anything, but you can choose and change everything, every bit, just as you like without downloading meshes first to make the sim work.
Now, what you are saying is simply pointless nitpicking. You don't HAVE to download this. Nor does anyone else.

Now please stick to commenting about the sim. Arguing over the NO CC factor is pointless because this is upload is considered as NO CC in the standards of this site.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 6:19 PM
Maybe in the 'standards of this site', but I along with many others say it has CC. But if you consider it no CC then thats your choice I guess.

Nice sim, overall.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 6:29 PM
Not exactly no CC, but nearly so. Maybe you should change the title a bit
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#17 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 6:53 PM
I don't know of anyone who changes their default skins and eyes for one sim. The point is the face sculpt, and that will look essentially the same no matter what skins and eyes you use. Just use whatever defaults you've got already (whether they're these or others). The point is clearly to have a sim that's not chock full of extra stuff you have to download - you don't have to download anything to use this sim and still have him look nice.

So come on, guys, do we have to drag the entire thread into this? The answer is NO, so please stop, or I will come to your house and fill your underwear drawer with itching powder.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I don't know of anyone who changes their default skins and eyes for one sim. The point is the face sculpt, and that will look essentially the same no matter what skins and eyes you use. Just use whatever defaults you've got already (whether they're these or others). The point is clearly to have a sim that's not chock full of extra stuff you have to download - you don't have to download anything to use this sim and still have him look nice.

So come on, guys, do we have to drag the entire thread into this? The answer is NO, so please stop, or I will come to your house and fill your underwear drawer with itching powder.
What if we don't wear underwear?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cohzaku
What if we don't wear underwear?

Then she'll put it in your trouser drawer instead.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 12:18 PM
He's so cute :D