Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Special Challenges are triggered more (or less) often (compatible with all versions incl 1.67)

by blennus Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 9:27 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2014 at 7:55 AM by blennus : Version Update

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 10:25 PM
Love it!!! I've been waiting for something like this! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 10:27 PM
Thank you! I only ever get the challenges in Riverview, and they're very few and far between, now I can have them whenever I want!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 10:39 PM
Thank you so much for this - I too have been wanting something like this. It always bugged me that those special challenges hardly came up.
Zombie Socks
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:43 PM
I had no idea there even WERE challenges like this! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:03 AM
Yes! I've been wanting this for like EVARRRR! (thank you! :D)
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
I had no idea there even WERE challenges like this! Thanks!

Like me!!
THANKS!!!
Could you make a mod which speeds the time between normal challenges up! Please!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 3:45 PM
Great idea! Mods are awesome....thanks for sharing :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 8:57 PM
Much thanks I rarely get these challenges like once in every blue moon, very nice of you to make it much easier to get.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 3:30 PM
Is it possible to make a mod that makes gigs for bands (they are ability opportunities) more frequent? I need this so much because my band hardly ever gets a gig. It would be great if you could make such a mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:04 PM
This mod only increases the probability of events happen?!!
So it works in other languages such as Portuguese for example?
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 5:30 PM
Challenges?? What challenges?? I've never had a challenge, nonetheless a Move-In Challenge!! What up with that? lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 1:04 PM
like the idea
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:12 PM
Consider how long I've been playing and never had the game offer me even ONE of these challenges, thank you very much!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:30 PM
"These special Challenges can only be triggered via the move-in command to a non-empty lot when choosing an active family. You cannot trigger these events when moving the active family in-game or from plopping a family down in Edit Town."

Okay sorry, I guess I need more info. To trigger a challenge, even with your mod, a family has to use the phone and move to a lot with a house already on it?

And yeah, I never do that. I always have a family move into an empty lot and then build -- the camera seems to work better that way. Or plop their little butts onto the lot through Edit Town cos it takes less time that way then to have them use a phone.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:32 AM
Wow! I knew about the meteor and the ghosts (my sister got the ghosts) but I never knew what the others were and I haven't seen one in over a year of playing. Thanks so much. ^_^
Banned
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 8:45 PM
I always get the ancient burial ground one and i want more :D. but is it compattible with version 6.1?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 3:51 AM
@Zeco: I'm not sure, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work in other languages. Try it out and let me know if it works or not.

@coffeebreak: To clarify, you cannot trigger a challenge when moving via phone or computer. Also moving in a family via edit town doesn't work. The one and only way to trigger a challenge is to move a family into a non-empty lot when choosing an active family. I have attached another image to the original post, and have updated it to clarify. Remember, non-empty doesn't mean that it has to have a fully built home. All you need is a single object on the lot, and it is not considered an empty lot, (as long as you move into it furnished that is). If you have problems triggering the challenges let me know.

@AnnabelCrazy: It should be compatible, but since I don't have late night I can't say. Try it out and let me know if it works. Also if you keep getting the same challenge (aka, Graveyard), then try moving into another lot. The challenges are not truly random.
Banned
#19 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blennus
@Zeco: I'm not sure, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work in other languages. Try it out and let me know if it works or not.

@coffeebreak: To clarify, you cannot trigger a challenge when moving via phone or computer. Also moving in a family via edit town doesn't work. The one and only way to trigger a challenge is to move a family into a non-empty lot when choosing an active family. I have attached another image to the original post, and have updated it to clarify. Remember, non-empty doesn't mean that it has to have a fully built home. All you need is a single object on the lot, and it is not considered an empty lot, (as long as you move into it furnished that is). If you have problems triggering the challenges let me know.

@AnnabelCrazy: It should be compatible, but since I don't have late night I can't say. Try it out and let me know if it works. Also if you keep getting the same challenge (aka, Graveyard), then try moving into another lot. The challenges are not truly random.
Oh thanks ill download it when all my family dies!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 4:40 AM
thanks the only challenges i could get were the meteor challenges
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 11:53 AM
Thanks,always wanted my sims to live in a burial ground.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:12 PM
Ive only moved into a burial ground once! But now i always will! Burial ground rock because rare gems are everywhere!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 1:00 AM
Wow thanks i forgot there was these because i only got one of them once and ive been playing the game since it came out
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2rul3z
Thanks,always wanted my sims to live in a burial ground.

Lol you can just download the simtransformer and transform half the family to ghosts and call that a acient burial ground smile
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 9:25 PM
Does this mod work since the new patch that came out with Town Life expansion?
Page 1 of 2