Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:35 PM
My clubs always have lots of people except for like 2 clubs that don't have a bartender or bouncer. I don't know why the bouncer and bartender won't show. I even tried deleting and replacing the ropes and the bar, but they still won't show. Is there anyway I can force the bartender and bouncer to show at these clubs?
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:46 PM
Is it a lot you built or a prebuilt?
I found alot of hits on this when I searched the site, here's one suggestion I found:

hamqa
Test Subject

"no mixologist on duty" problem seems to have a lot of players. For my deleting and replacing don't work. Bartenders in my clubs just walking around (sometimes even they get out of the building) and active sim can't order drinks. I´m not sure but I guess this has something to do with mixology skill. Bartenders did work well and after one of active sim learn mixology skill problems shows up. Maybe it is coincidence. BTW one of my sim has mix skill high enough to handle bar (I tried Eugi's) and there is another glitch. The sim start working behind the bar, and other sims in the club round up and sit on the bar chairs. My sim queue task blink quickly but nothing happend. Sim get paid 12 simoleons for nothing.

the reply:
babele44
Field Researcher

Thank you hamqa, your answer was the clue to the solution of my problem. Half of the Sims the game has assigned a mixologist role had no mixology skill whatsoever. I used MasterController to look for any that did not turn up, maxed their mixology skill and they immediately rushed to their work place and have remained there up until now. Now I have a fully functioning Bridgeport Nightlife. How stupid, because half of the bouncers have mixology maxed. One should think that there is some check to ensure that roles are assigned according to the skills the game has given to premade homeless Sims
This also makes me wonder whether part of the lag people experience might be due to the constant rotation of roled Sims when there aren't enough skilled bartenders.

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Forum Resident
#28 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:20 PM
It's actually a custom world, Los Aneigos.
Inventor
#29 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:57 AM
Well, all you need (so it seems) is a good mixologist (apparently with some skills) and the drink station that draws them (one of the 2 top drink stations, forget the names. One has professional juice bar in it, I think). Did you try what babele44 did? I've never heard of MasterController myself but, it seems as if the situation is due to unskilled mixologist in that case??

I wonder if you can put a sim in the bin with the skills and if they'd become the worker, especially if there's not enough sims with the skill to "hire" for the job.?

Does anyone know if the game pulls sims from the bin for jobs?

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#30 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
@Pescado: I noticed that the hotspots were picked randomly(how would they know where the action would be beforehand?).
They don't, obviously. It's completely arbitrary. I am contemplating a fix that inverts the designation logic so that spot is deemed a hotspot after it achieves a level of population count, thus guaranteeing any hotspots are always hot.

Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
I also noticed that ridiculous "need this amount of stars to get in" was contributing to the lack of visitors, as you mentioned... I get that they're trying to add a challenge, but they couldn't make this rule apply only to the active household??
I'm opposed to the "special" treatment of the "active" household, especially since you can change it very easily, but AwesomeMod does include a fix for this problem: Disallowed sims no longer DDoS the club and clog all the visitor slots, preventing anyone from getting in.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
They don't, obviously. It's completely arbitrary. I am contemplating a fix that inverts the designation logic so that spot is deemed a hotspot after it achieves a level of population count, thus guaranteeing any hotspots are always hot.

I was being sarcastic--one of my issues with the game is the absurd logic. It seems so lazy of them.
That is an excellent idea. Bridgeport has been driving me nuts, so any improvement would be great!

Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I'm opposed to the "special" treatment of the "active" household, especially since you can change it very easily, but AwesomeMod does include a fix for this problem: Disallowed sims no longer DDoS the club and clog all the visitor slots, preventing anyone from getting in.

Oooh. Which would mean being stopped less for autographs in clubs, rather than just getting rid of the bouncer, I assume.
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 5:07 AM
Has anyone tried this http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/307092.page to see if it fixes the problem they're having? I haven't really done much testing but I've noticed an improvement in the loading/exiting times and the game does seem to run a little smoother.
Scholar
#33 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 5:34 AM Last edited by kattenijin : 29th Jan 2011 at 6:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Much of clubs being empty is due to the game scaling the amount of sims that will show up against its rating of your CPU. This may work for your particular issue with sims getting stuck, but in general, it's a computer-related thing and the stronger your computer, the more sims you'll have in clubs and so forth - I usually have at least 10 in hot spots.

This holds true up to a point, depending on club type. Dive Bars have a max# of 8 guests, Lounges have a max of 10, and Dance Clubs a max of 14. So, if you bring a group of 4 sims to a Dive bar, only expect 4 non-group sims.

Lots in general, have a max of 20 sims, including people working on a lot, just to put club values in some kind of perspective.

EDIT: There also seem to be be traits that are "non optimal" for venue gathering: Frugal, Loner, Looser for Dance Clubs/Lounges and: Snob, Coward, Neat, Family-Oriented for Dive. The game may not be "calling" Sims with these traits to the clubs/bars. Not to mention that if your hood is populated with a large number of children and elders, they won't be "called" to the bars either. You need a large pool of teen/YA/adult sims that aren't already "busy" at other tasks.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:26 AM
Default Club is Empty!
Even the hot spots don't have any sims!
I tried to talk to EA customer service and they rudely brushed me away, this is the most suckish sims 3 EP i've ever had so far!
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Patman
Ok so i started playing Late Night only to find that going to hot spots (clubs, bars etc.) wasn't all that fun at all due to the fact they are empty. Ignoring that for a while i noticed that sims got stuck at the Plasma club in front of the elevator so i put the game on full speed and watched, after a while the sims started to disappear and i would never find them in game again.

I then started a new game and the first thing i did was activate the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" and went to the Plasma club, deleted the ground floor elevator, since then ive had no bugs or issues whatsoever. In my previous game i was alone in clubs and bars, i would call people to visit and they wouldn't come at all and if some did they would leave right away.

After doing the above on a new game, ive been playing endlessly for around 3 days with no problems at all, all hot spots have around 10-15 people in each bar/club even if there are 3 hot spots in that night, everything seems to be running as it should.

i think that maybe the sims getting stuck made them die due to being hungry so after a while all the sims in the town would die and that's why the bars would be empty, doing this saves them from certain death and u have a town full of people.

conclusion:
-Start new game
-Go to Plasma club
-Shift+Ctrl+C and type "testingcheatsenabled true"
-Hold shift, click on ground floor elevator, object and delete.
-Enjoy the game

I dont know if this will work for everyone but it worked for me.
let me know if it worked for you.

Deleting the elevator means nobody can get down there? I just looked at the place, the only way to get in the club is via elevator.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:59 AM
I found the easiest way for me was just deleting the bouncers (Although I kept the ones in the VIP sections).

Should work for you if you have a decent CPU and don't want to touch Core Mods.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:16 AM
Ok, so i found a really good way to fix this.

1. Go into Edit town
2. Click on one of the clubs
3. Click Buy/Build
4. Delete the velvet ropes
5. Go back to Edit Town
6. Select the same club
7. Change the lot type to hangout

This should make it so that any sim can enter at will. (this will cause sims to automatically come to the club) And if sims come to the club, but wont use the elevator, try this WITH the steps listed above.

1. Enter "testingcheatsenabled true" into the cheat code box
2. Go to the club
3. shft+ctrl+left click on the ground
4. Select "Buy on this lot"
5. Enter "moveobjects on" into the cheat code box
6. Click and move all the sims on the lot up to the desired room
7. Enjoy!

Hope this helped!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 3:53 AM
^ But since it's no longer a club it kind of defeats the purpose. Sure, I've contemplated changing them to hangouts, but I imagine there would be no more bartender or the other things that make a club a club in this game.
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rebeldawg
Has anyone tried this http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/307092.page to see if it fixes the problem they're having? I haven't really done much testing but I've noticed an improvement in the loading/exiting times and the game does seem to run a little smoother.

This tutorial really works it makes club more habitable, becaus it cheats the game making it believe that you have o very good computer so more sims come to clubs, but remember to follow all the steps, because it can have serious consecuences; also remember to add sims on the neighborhood with the party animal trait, so they will often go to clubs.
Theorist
#40 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 9:29 AM
Yeah, but the developers acknowledged that it was ridiculous to expect players to have to do this, in order to have a decent number of sims in the clubs. The LN EP should be free if it can't even do this.

The fix was supposed to arrive with ST. Better clubs for all, they said. However, having heard almost zero feedback about this I'm going to assume that there has been no real improvement in that situation.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#41 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 4:55 AM Last edited by efosomnus : 24th Jun 2012 at 5:36 AM.
Default Not the damn CPU.
I can take the worries of CPU demoting the number of sims off of your minds. On a GREAT night at hotspots i get 2-5 sims AT MOST. When one shows up - one also leaves. How can i be sure it isn't the computer? For one im on an Alienware m17xR3 with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 570m running smoothly at max graphics with 32 YES 32GB of RAM overclocked from 2.8 to 4.2ghz (with a 4 CPU rating allowing over 20 sims on 1 lot). Never had any game that could lag this computer yet and i doubt sims reads it as junk if anything sims should have multiple orgasms per second. TBH i dont have a single clue what the hell is wrong with this EP but you would think with all the money EA makes they could fill the damn clubs for us so i can ACTUALLY MAKE SOME MONEY DRUMMING :l - and before anyone attacks me - all of my shit in the GP files are already all 4's. It naturally did it for me. Im looking for a way to get like 40 sims in one club (my town has about 150) {I KNOW THATS LIKE DAFUQ}
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 8:39 AM
What elevator?

Oh, you mean the high-rise graveyard.

I'm surprised sims still come to the clubs when the first thing they see is a pink ghost ruining the routing in the lobby.

Accidental Murder
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 9:06 PM
Hey, I found that entering the cheat "storyprogression accelerated" made at least 15 sims follow my sim to whatever public venue he/she went to, but they never followed them home. I don't know what it has to do with story progression, but it didn't start until after I entered the cheat. Maybe you could enter this cheat, and whenever you went to a club, sims would follow you?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justin1010
^ But since it's no longer a club it kind of defeats the purpose. Sure, I've contemplated changing them to hangouts, but I imagine there would be no more bartender or the other things that make a club a club in this game.

I thought that at first, but when I did it, the bartenders still showed up. And if you still want bouncers, you could turn on testingcheatsenabled and remove all the rope restrictions.
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
This holds true up to a point, depending on club type. Dive Bars have a max# of 8 guests, Lounges have a max of 10, and Dance Clubs a max of 14. So, if you bring a group of 4 sims to a Dive bar, only expect 4 non-group sims.

Lots in general, have a max of 20 sims, including people working on a lot, just to put club values in some kind of perspective.

Thanks for this. I was wondering why no sims would enter my lounge that had 10 bartenders present....
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 11:23 AM
The reasons that many of the pubs and bars are for sale is because they are meant and built for drinking purpose only. There you cannot sit with your friends, play games, watch matches, etc. Therefore, many of them are now being replaced with a whole new concept of serving all in one purpose.
Page 2 of 2