Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 3:53 PM Last edited by Bellgirl : 14th Feb 2011 at 1:57 PM.
Default Penélope Cruz celebrity sim (Rejected, "needs more work". Please help!)
In addition to a house I'm building, I'm using what sim time I have to attempt a celebrity sim...Penélope Cruz. Any feedback would be really appreciate! I hope she isn't looking too horrible :p
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 3:58 PM
She isn't horrible, don't worry.

- Make her face a bit shorter
- Make her jaw a bit wider
- Make her eyes a bit bigger, they are too squeezed
- Make her bottomlip a bit bigger, it's too small
- Round up her eye a bit on the lowereyelid.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Bellgirl : 4th Feb 2011 at 5:30 PM.
Ok, I tweaked it all a bit...though I don't really know how to "make her face shorter"...like move her eyes down and her lips up?
I also added a pic of her with a different hairstyle...the long hair suits her better I think.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 10:02 PM
You can shorten the face, I don't know how it's exactly called, but it's at the overall face tab I believe.

I still think her eyes are too small. And she looks a bit angry.. I guess it's because of her eyebrows. You need to curve them a bit more, I guess.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:35 PM
She's a very pretty sim, I love her eyes, but I am not sure I see much of a resemblance? Maybe to make her face shorter, you need to pull the face height up and make her chin smaller? I also think her face needs to be less wide, Penelope kind of has a "small" head.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 10:28 AM
Bellgirl, it will be better if you take in-game shots. Non-CAS. And make line comparison. Then it will be easier for us to compare and give you some advices.

From Ellle with love
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 1:01 PM
Ok...I tried everything said, then noticed ingame her lips looked really much pooffier than it did in CAS, so I made them a bit smaller. I didn't enlarge the eyes more, should they really be bigger? Tell me after taking a look at the ingame shots.
Included cas pic, ingame pic, and the same ingame pic with half of penelope's face next to the sim's face.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 2:14 PM
The eyebrows thicker and the ears bigger should do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 4:31 PM
Ok, bigger ears and I tried some of the game's eyebrows, since my cc ones all make her look creepy...I also worked on her nose, made her lips a little bit wider, and the lower lid of her eyes bigger to get rid of the slightly squinty look.
Tell me if it's an improvement I still have the old version.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 4:55 PM
It's looking great... but I feel like her face is too.... fat? I don't know... Something isn't right... But it is getting pretty close.. Hmm, I'm trying to think of a specific slider..... I want to say her jaw is too wide, but I'm not sure.. try bringing her jaw in some and lets see if that helps.. -shrug-

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Bellgirl : 5th Feb 2011 at 6:44 PM.
I don't think her jaw should be narrower, but I see what you mean...I tried reducing her jaw shape and made her cheeks less full.
Also, new hairstyle...

*edit* Ok, added the half real face pic
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:17 PM
Ohh, yeah that looks good. can u put the half and half pic up? the one half the real race and the other the sim face?

Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:01 PM
You need to raise her nosetrils a bit!
Looking good btw

Field Researcher
#14 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:13 PM
Okay, yeah that's much better. Now, I just think her eye needs to come down. Not the eye with the eyebrow, but just the eye. And yeah nikki's right, her nostrils come up, and you're good to go! :D

Scholar
#15 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 11:25 PM
I agree with bringing the eyes down. I also think the eyes are a bit wide side to side. The outer edges definitely needs to be "squintier" < >. The eyes need to be a little closer to her nose, too. At this point a full face shot of the model and the sim right next to each other would be very helpful. The split face shots help a lot with getting things lined up right, but not as much with the overall facial sculpt. Good job!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:19 AM
yeah, eye corners quintier. But she's looking amazing! I can't wait until she's done. She's gonna be my "Specimen #1".

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 6:49 AM
Ok, hope it looks better! I tried to work on it all, though not precisely sure how to make the outer edges of her eyes squintier...but I tried.
I had an old backup folder with a mod slider to adjust eye width...now I just don't know where I got it from, lol If anyone can find the link for the eye slider it'd be awesome, it doesn't seem to be on MTS.

Added half/half pic, and pictures of them all seperately.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 7:06 AM
Hmm.. I think the eyes are too rotated now.. did you rotate them? Make them less rotated, and also her nostrils need to come up still, just a bit more.... Try doing that and then show us how it looks. The eyes are the right height now though... but the rotated eye.. it makes her look all kinds of alieny.. Also, I think maybe her upper lip needs to be fuller... maybe... try working on those eyes first.. let's see where things go from there...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 7:28 AM
Lol, didn't notice that...I rotated them the other way, and made upper lip thicker and nostrils up.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 7:32 AM
OO OO OO!! You're so close!! EEEP!

Okay, the nose is perfect, as is the mouth. The eyes though.. it's the eyes... I think they're still a bit to high.. and now that I'm looking at it, I think they need to be just a tad smaller, and the outer corner needs to come up, and the inner corner needs to come down.. not too much though, you don't want to make her look like a.. weirdy.. :p

Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 7:44 AM
Gosh.. I wish I could say up and follow this with you, but it's hitting 2am and im sleeeepy!

A few more minor things I could tell you to do wit her, is make her bottom lip just a bit bit bit less full, and try bringing that nostril up a bit bit bit bit more. Anyway, she's looking great! I'll be back in about 9 hours with more feedback, lol, night!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 7:59 AM Last edited by Bellgirl : 6th Feb 2011 at 8:42 AM.
Ok, don't know if the difference can be seen, but tweaked it a bit around the eye...the inner corner is as down as it can be now, though.
I don't have the mod for extending the limit of sliders, since it conflicts with another mod I have.

*edit* Nose tiny bit up, and made both lips a tad smaller.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 11:40 AM
Much better now. Try to rotate her eyes. Outer corners down a bit, Inner - up a bit.

From Ellle with love
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:24 PM Last edited by Bellgirl : 6th Feb 2011 at 1:37 PM.
Ok, hope it looks right now! Didn't know which way you wanted me to rotate the eyes, but I did in the direction I thought it should go.
*edit* Also added a pic of her with a longer hairstyle..still can't decide what hair she should wear...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#25 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 6:35 PM
Looks soo much better! It's amazing, it's like.. there she is! HA! Good job!

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Contains useful sim-sculpting information.
Page 1 of 3