Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Potted Harvestable Fruit Trees

by bluetexasbonnie Posted 27th Feb 2011 at 8:12 PM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 10:13 PM
These look great, thanks for sharing!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 2:33 AM
Nice to see more stuff built on Echo's foundation. Yay for potted citrus! I could make Hassidic sims and pretend the lemon is an etrog!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 3:36 AM
I had no idea what an etrog was. The fruit mesh for the lemon looks as much like an etrog as it does a lemon. Have fun.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 6:30 AM
Are these safe to use with Seasons?
Retired Duck
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 8:19 AM
They look fabulous! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 10:52 AM
Nice! I had no clue what a curry tree is, so I looked it up. The berries are edible, but seeds are poisonous. What a fun addition, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 12:54 PM
Seattle girl -- They should be, the original was. However, they are not Season's crops, so they won't fulfill any of the Season's wants or needs.

Garambola -- I had no idea that a curry tree even existed either. I stumbled across a picture when I was looking for artichoke leaf & plant pictures. In the pictures they are such a pretty tree.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 3:30 PM
can the fruits be used to cook with? Can they be eaten?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 5:15 PM
Can the fruits be eaten or cooked with -- No, not really. (Would be super cool if they could - but that is way beyond my knowledge scope.)

The fruit is only indirectly used for cooking/eating. Like Echo's original, you can select to either gather the fruit for money or food. If you select 'food', it increases the 'food' value in your refrigerator. Your sim can't pull an orange out of the refrig for a snack, nor can they make lemonade, etc.

If you select money, your household funds increase.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 2:48 PM
[QUOTE=bluetexasbonnie]Seattle girl -- They should be, the original was. However, they are not Season's crops, so they won't fulfill any of the Season's wants or needs.QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response

These look great, can't wait to have them in game.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 6:29 PM
Wonderful - thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 6:37 PM
Reminds me of the 'Frood' tree from The Sims 2 for console. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 1:34 AM
wow sims with need of nature will go crazy with these.... now i can let them go and harvest, thanks a ton!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 12:03 AM
These look really outstanding, stunning. Excellent job.
Thank you very very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th May 2011 at 5:54 PM
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 2:36 AM
Thank you I love this kudos toooo ya
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 5:31 PM
perfect!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 3:17 PM
I remember seeing this one while I when I only had the Sims 3...boy was I sad. But now I have the Sims 2 as well, and I am so happy to grab this one up now.
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 11:24 PM
Thanks to you (and Echo) for these great plants!!! Amazing work!!! :)