Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 7:28 PM
Default Adam Lambert
okay guys, i thought i'd try this out to get a little help! i'm trying to make and adam lambert sim, and well.. i think i got a good start going but somethings off.

Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 7:30 PM
We need a side-by-side pic so we can compare the real life and Sim version
May I ask where you got the hair?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 7:41 PM
i don't remember where exactly i got the hair, i follow so many links to different places from tumblr, i should really keep up, haha, i'll try to find it again for you if you'd like!

and sorry about the side by side thing, just threw up what i had on hand at the moment.

Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Zandvoort : 25th Feb 2011 at 8:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Thanks for both trying to look up te link for the hair and the side-by-side picture
I think his face needs to be smaller it's too wide. And the outer corners of the eyebrows are too low, and the eyebrows themselves, you need some thicker ones.
Give your Sim green eyes. maybe widen the entire nose, too?
Gawd never gave so much ''critique'' on a sim

OH! try Arisuka's Eyebags for the age detail.

#5 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:17 PM
His nose needs to be less defined. You got this strong lines by his nose, but they need to be smoother.
His lower lip needs to be a bit thinner.
And maybe make his skin a tad tanned.

Good job so far!

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:29 PM
i'm going to work on him and try to twaek what was suggested right now, probably not going to do much cause i kind of fail at this, but i want to try! haha

and for the hair i found this one http://mybluebookblog.blogspot.com/...d-all-ages.html

which is similiar but i'm positive it's not that one i'm using, but if i come across that one again still, i'll link you, maybe this one will help you out for now though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 9:13 PM
changed everything suggested except the tanner skin because i forgot before i went to take in game pics of him. not sure how i feel about the green eyes as adam himself irl has said his eyes are blue, though the ones i had were a bit bright i think and i know in some pics they can look gray/green. but i changed them anyways. hopefully it looks better now? some of the changed may not be very noticable as i didn't want to change them too much

Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 9:47 PM
I can't see it very clear, but are you using EA eyes?

I suggest you use this one or this one from -Shady- I use them all the time and you can recolor them pretty good.
You need to use light colors in the eyes, a bit green and blue. Make them not too strong colored, so you can get a bit closer to his eyes in rl.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:03 PM
i have custom default eyes, which are the only ones i've found i like cause the others i've tried make the darker colors look toooo dark, and it limited my option of eye colors when i made sims. BUT are contacts more like a make up thing? i've never tried those, and if they are, i could download them and try them out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:58 PM
tried to make a few more changes, mostly to his nose, and i changed the skin tone but it doesn't really look any darker

Inventor
#11 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 11:02 PM
You need to work a bit on his eye color. It's all too blue, while on the RL pic he has more green/grey eyes. Besides that he looks pretty good
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 11:09 PM
i'm trying to play with the eye color, but i can't get it blue without it being really blue, or more gray without taking away the blue completely. and the contacts aren't helping, even with the lightest possible colors they are way too dark. somethings off about his nose as well to me
Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 11:23 PM
Hi, what a great start! I agree his eye color is way to blue. If you have taken the slider to the left as far as possible , then try moving directly from the color wheel more towards the center of the color wheel.

Also I think his lower eye apex needs to go to the left.

His nose bridge looks like it could be a little wider, to me.
Also, can't tell for sure unless you post a side view of the sim and the RLpicture... but the nose either needs to be rotated down or the tip.

Can you post a side view?

His eyes actually look green to me in the top pic.?

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Thanks! I don't always succeed but will give it my best.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 12:16 AM
okay i think i got his nose to look a little better now. and i think i'm just going to leave his eyes this gray color. and i can already tell his nose needs to come out more after i did the profile shots, but other than that, any other suggestions?

Instructor
#15 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 6:26 AM
I ♥ Adam!

I think the mouth should be lower, and also less prominent. He has a very straight nose, so the nosetip needs to be pulled down and the nosebridge adjusted to be perfectly straight.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 6:39 AM
Nose is too long, need to shorten it up a bit. According to the profile shot.

YOu may need to use the nose length to bring it out from his face a bit more.

He's looking very good!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 3:07 PM
His nose needs to be like a full inch shorter, lol. I read the whole thread and was suprised nobody said this till now. Then bring up his jaw height to compensate.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 5:42 PM
alright guys, changed the nose height, and brought his nose out a bit, also, i though he lips seemed to thick, so i brought hat down a tiny bit, let me know if you think they should go back.

Alchemist
#19 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 8:12 PM
Looks good now, but the nose still has to come out a little more.

#20 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 9:36 PM
alright, i think his nose is looking a lot better thanks to you guys' help! i suck at doing noses even when it's a random sim made up in my head and this is my first try at a celeb sim, so every little bit helps! hopefully this made an improvement. what do you think?

Field Researcher
#21 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 9:43 PM
His nose is a lot better!

But now I'm kinda doubting about his eyes. The shape isn't on the spot.
His eyes has those curves at the lower eyelid and the inner corner of his eye is pointy. Also his outer eyecorner needs to come down a bit.

Hope this will help you.

Forum Resident
#22 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 9:55 PM
Hi, it looks like your getting shadows under his nose, so your going to need to fix that. Try moving his nose up or down and see if they disappear. If not it could be in the rotation, you just have to play around a bit with it and see, but it really pulls away from the sim if you don't get them out. I know you can do it, it is a pain in the rear sometimes, but is worth it.

HIs nose still looks to long to me, but see what others think. See where his face lines up with his ears, maybe the face needs to come down. Can't tell, maybe a side view with his ears showing would help.

Here are some pics of him w/ ears showing so you can judge where the face placement should be... you may have to adjust...
it shouldn't be too hard.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/ph...539-458-600.jpg

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/a...lambert-b_0.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/blog...ert-mascara.jpg

http://mycelebrityguide.com/wp-cont...dam-lambert.jpg
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 10:47 PM
so i tried playing with his eyes a tiny bit, don't want to change something too much still, so i figure a little at a time is best! though the shape looks pretty close in CAS but not in game, which makes it more difficult to get right. but i tried messing with his nose a bit more as well.

and i tried moving things a bit to get rid of shadows, but i wasn't positive what shadows you were talking about so i don't know if i fixed it or not, but now his nose looks rotated down too much?

Forum Resident
#24 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 12:59 AM
It's hard to tell by the pic in cas and the one in game his head is tilted down so hard to tell there.

Sorry, don't mean to be a pain, just trying to help...

these are the shadows

Did you line his face up with his ears, they may not have needed to be rotated maybe just moved up or down?

I will step aside for a bit and see what others think.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 1:40 AM
don't worry about being a pain! any little bit helps, and i'm not sure how to get rid of the shadows exactly since it seems that would just kind of happen once the nose it out so far just like irl? but i'll try and see if i can mess with it and notice some more, but probably tomorrow i think i'm done messing with him today and it'll give more people time to give a few suggestions!
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: contains helpful sim-sculpting advice.
Page 1 of 2