Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 2:32 AM
so i lied about not messing with him anymore tonight. and also i forgot to add in the last post that i did try to line up his face to his ears but i have a horrible eye for those sort of things and could be way off, hopefully not too much though.

and i tried to get rid of the shadows again, and they stay no matter what i move or how i move it.

i think his eyes are looking a little closer?

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 7:17 AM
Hi yourastar

I think you need to fiddle with nose resolution. Your sim's fleshy part of the nostrils are too pronounced. I'm not sure but Ladyfrontbums velvet skin will take away the button look he has on the tip of his nose. I think maybe you need to change the preset nose to get the slight overhang of his nose tip.

His lower lip needs to look more pouty and not so square

His upper lip needs to be thinner

On the side view, the slider which alters whether his mouth comes out needs to be adjusted so that his upper lip is straight down not jutting out.

You need to play around with his eyes as the eye shape is not there yet.

Keep up the good work.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:19 PM
i think i may try the skins, the one i have now is the only i've found so far i like, but i'll give the other a try!

also tried to mess with him a tiny bit, the upper lip thickness didn't so much, and i can't take anymore definition off his nostrals so i tried the nose one, and there's not much more i can take off there either. played with the eye shape a bit more as well.

thanks for the help guys!

Field Researcher
#29 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 7:26 PM
The innercorner of his eyebrows needs to come down a bit.
As you can see the space between his eyebrows and his eye is smaller in real.
This also because he has a big forehead. Not like big in the length but the other thing. Lol, I don't know how I should decribe it.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 8:50 PM
i can see that, but i can't move his eyebrows down anymore. they're as low as they can go, and they're rotated as much as they can be, so thats as close as i can get them as i can't find any other eyebrows to change to that look right either.

i did mess with him a tiny bit though aaand try out the skin suggested above. somethings weird about his nose now? maybe its just the skin :\ and also, i know his lower lip is too thick, i was trying to play with the shape of it to get it right and forgot about thickness, so i'll try to fix that when i get back to him as well.

Scholar
#31 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 11:55 PM
I think the nose is too long, also. It's also too big / "bulby" at the tip. It may have been closer in post # 28. Once you make the nose shorter, pull the mouth up, and the chin. Chin needs to be a little more rounded / less square. Great start!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 2:45 AM
i think the nose looks so dumb because of the new skin cause no matter what i do to it.. it still looks like this. SO ignore that for now besides the placement and such of it. and i'm going to switch back to the other skin default i had and hopefully it'll look better thanks for all the help guys!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 3:12 AM
nevermind, i decided to go ahead and test if it was the new skin messing it up and put the old one back and tada! it looks better than with the other one, i think it's rotated down too much now though? i think his eye shape is getting a lot better too.

sorry to post so much :/

Scholar
#34 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 5:38 AM
The nose looks much better with this skin! It's still too long, though, I think, with the tip too big/"bulby" and/or turned down too much. He needs a little more nasal bridge indent, too. Upper lip a bit fuller and "softer" (less definition - V). His eyes look really good to me but I'm a little concerned about the skin overlapping his upper eyelid. Can you take the eyebrow up a tiny bit without messing up his "look"? Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 6:06 AM
almost all my sims do that with their eyelashing going into their eyebrow :/ i'll try moving the eyebrow and eye socket height up a tiny bit to see if it'll help

i messed with him a little bit earlier though, changed his nose tip a bit.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 2:53 PM
Hate to say it but I think you'll need some different brows that are drawn on lower, so you won't have to overdo the sliders and cut into his eyelid. I'll have a look for you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 6:37 PM
got his eyelashes and brow to stop overlapping somewhat. taking pictures today just wasn't working out right either, but here he is now. also added a couple diff comparison pics

Scholar
#38 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 3:12 AM
Try moving the nostrils up, if you can. Bring down the nasal bridge and indent it more. I think that both lips need to be a tiny bit wider and the bottom lip "fuller" top to bottom. Getting better! Good work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 5:04 AM
i forgot about his nose bridge this time, but i'm going to try to remember when i get back on. i was working on him and another sim tonight so my brain was forgetting all sorts of things i wanted to change on both, haha. but here he is now

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: contains helpful sim-sculpting advice.
Page 2 of 2