Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 8:39 AM
Default Tyra Banks - ANTM
Well, I have wanted to sim Tyra for a long time. So here she is.

What do you think?

Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 11:02 AM
Hehehe, the instant similarities are there but, man, her face is a bit squashed!
I like her but there are things which need changes!
Soooo here is my opinion:
*What's with her eyes? They look, sorry but to be honest, horrible!
I mean the shape is spot on, but what is that between her eyes and eyebrows, it looks too polygonal!
It looks to me that the eyebrows are too rotated and lowered so they're making that polygonal look, am I right?
To fix that you may want to switch some brows but do as you wish, you should also make eyebrows a bit higher!
*Now, I guess that tense look she has is caused by too much of rotation of the brows so , back to the first thing, change the brows!
*Her nose tip is way too small and looks a lot unnatural, please enlarge it a bit!
*Decrease her nostril definition to make the nostrils look higher, after that you may wanna change nostril height accordingly!
*Increase jaw width!!
*Also change her lipstick, to somewhat better! :S
For start these are my suggestion, I would go to the details but I don't want you to hate me :D
When I see your changes(hopefully successful) I'll be back! Please no hard feelings! She looks a lot like the real person from the front but profile is a bit squashed!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 2:14 PM
Thanks flajko, those comments helped a lot. I have tried all the brows on her that I have (many in my arsenal) and these are the best.

I have de-rotated the brows but I can't bring them up any further because that is what is making the funky look in the first picture.

Changed her lipstick

Played with her nostril definition. The IRL has very flesh nostrils and I was hoping that increasing the definition would make them bigger, but it didn't.

Increased her nose tip. I am trying for the flat look that her nose has but it looks terrible from the side as you can see from the first side pic.

Anyway, here she is.

Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 2:36 PM
Well, you certainly haven't picked the easiest person to make a sim of.
Tyra has this almost impossible eyebrows and nose.
But I think you're doing good.

As for what I think needs to be changed:
Her nosebridge is too defined. You need to make it smoother and less defined.
You also need to play around with her eyeshape a bit. It's not quiet right yet. Maybe make them a tiny pinch wider in the length?

And I think her eyebrows need to be more pointy. And try to raise the upper part of the eyebrow a bit.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 3:04 PM
The second post is much better looking already. I would bring up her nostrils a bit and try to make the dent in her upper lip more prominent.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 6:48 AM
I think you are right nikki. She is pretty hard to sim, especially her nose - getting that flat look at the bridge is possible but then it compromises the fleshiness of her nostrils.

I think she might be one of those sims that I consign to the 'nearly there but not quite scrap' heap.

Thanks Omegastarr, I wish they had a slider for that damn indentation, but there is nothing I can do to change what it looks like now.

Scholar
#7 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 1:10 PM
She is great my friend!
- is it possible to make the eyebrows more pointy at outsides?
- i think that, if you try to rise the cheekbones a little smidge, her face will be more long.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 1:12 PM Last edited by melanise : 8th Mar 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Its not your fault shes had a nose job lol, but I dont think her nose is as flatterned as you've made out... it seems somewhat exagerated, you have the fundumentals there because I can look at her face and see some Tyra coming through, firstly her eyes are more a hazely Hue not Bang on green, Suttle her lip stick abit its too pink, Her nostrils from the front need raising as their way too low, if you look at the comparison pick her Nostrils are much higher.
Also it may be too early but find a hair to work with that screams tyra lol or maybe leave that till last... I dunno thats just me being picky. Tyra has quite a small face so maybe bring the chin up a notch ? or maybe its not the chin but the whole facial features need adjusting Bring the eyes down slightly to the centre of the ears because their too high at the moment.
and ya as nikki suggested undefine her bridge alittle.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 3:09 PM
Definitely reduce the definition on the nostrils. That should bring them up. And the nosetip could be smaller.

I'm going to have a go at the eyebrows. I'll be back shortly.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 9:03 AM
Ye Gods, here I was ready to give up on her and I'm getting great advice on how to make her better *sigh*. Thanks Moncs, Melanise and Simmie.

Simmie can you make her a nose as well? lol. Thanks so much for the offer of the brows.

I'll be back later with an update on all your suggestions.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 11:41 AM
no! giving up is not an option lol, and in my former post, i was meant to say bring the eyes down to the centre of the ears xD he he
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 6:50 PM
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 9:30 PM
MMM Simmiller great job but I think the corners are slightly lower, those seem a tad too high ? and maybe slightly thicker too..
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melanise
MMM Simmiller great job but I think the corners are slightly lower, those seem a tad too high ? and maybe slightly thicker too..

I agree. I'll continue working on them tomorrow.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 7:42 AM
Hi Simmie, if you at look at Tyra IRL, the brow is quite thick at the arch which no other brow I have seen for sims has. The other funny thing is that sometimes her eyebrows look thinner in different pictures, so it's difficult. But, again thanks so much for giving of your time to help.

Melanise, lol. Now I really can;t give up on her. Sorry I haven't posted update pics, can't get near my home computer - maybe this evening.

retired moderator
#16 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 7:00 PM
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 7:34 PM
I say its bang on... give it a try and see what it looks like ? I think you lot were right in saying her eye brows change all the time, I think she gets them penciled in sometimes... so ya this is alittle tricky lol I will point out one thing simmi, on the outter edge of the brow when you get to the temple area theres a slight dip before it gets thin is that just because of the angle of the cam Or structure of the sims face ? or is this something that needs smoothing abit ? Good job though ^.~
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#18 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 11:33 PM
I have a little suggestion! Tyra always has a very radiant complexion, and looking at the pictures I thought of this powder that should do just the trick. I use it all the time, a wonderful piece of cc.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 5:03 PM
Those eyebrows are dead on Simmie.

I haven't been on for a while, my kids are busy with exams and I have been helping them. I just have some changes to do to dear Cher and I can get back to Tyra. Thanks Arisuka for that link.(:

Simmie can you add those eyebrows to your next post? Oh, thanks so much for making a tutorial on eyebrows for GIMP. I am going to try my hand at it.

retired moderator
#20 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Simmiller : 16th Mar 2011 at 9:19 PM. Reason: fixed the bump and added picture
Quote: Originally posted by Audrey
Those eyebrows are dead on Simmie.

I haven't been on for a while, my kids are busy with exams and I have been helping them. I just have some changes to do to dear Cher and I can get back to Tyra. Thanks Arisuka for that link.(:

Simmie can you add those eyebrows to your next post? Oh, thanks so much for making a tutorial on eyebrows for GIMP. I am going to try my hand at it.

Thanks Audrey. :lovestruc

I haven't formatted or added any pictures yet, but it's there for whoever wants it.

Since you like these, I'm going to submit them now, and you can include them with the Sim.

Simmiller_Eyebrows_Tyra Banks -- Click on the Blue Download bar

Cheers
Screenshots
retired moderator
#21 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:13 PM
Hi again Audrey!

I just submitted them, so I'm hoping they'll be ready soon.

Ciao for now
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Audrey : 17th Mar 2011 at 4:57 PM.

Thank you soooooo much Simmie, xoxoxo I have downloaded them, but there is a bit of a problem. In order to get the right rotation and height, they create these afwul black marks on her lid and I think they might be a tad closer together. I might have to go back to the original brows.

I downloaded the blush which Arisuka suggested and I like it.

Anyway, here is the latest. I need feedback, please.
Screenshots

retired moderator
#23 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Audrey

Thank you soooooo much Simmie, xoxoxo I have downloaded them, but there is a bit of a problem. In order to get the right rotation and height, they create these afwul black marks on her lid and I think they might be a tad closer together. I might have to go back to the original brows.

I downloaded the blush which Arisuka suggested and I like it.

Anyway, here is the latest. I need feedback, please.

No way! I'm going to fix them. I've never seen that before!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 9:06 PM
Audrey would you mind sending me your .sim file of Tyra so I can see what is wrong with her eyes?
I really want to help you and I would love to try and make her eyebrows!
I wanna try something!
If you agree you should send her to me via PM! Just to avoid some possible problems!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Audrey : 17th Mar 2011 at 9:29 PM.
Flajko, I have looked at the PM system and there does not seem to be a way to attach a file.

So, I am going to see what Simmie comes up with and if that fails, we can look at how to send her to you.

To be honest, I don't think it is the fault of the eyebrows but I am not sure how to fix the problem with the eyes.

Thank you both for being so helpful. I truly appreciate it.

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Lots of helpful sculpting info.
Page 1 of 3