Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#51 Old 17th May 2011 at 8:02 AM
No problem Dal, you were trying to be helpful.

Thanks Simmy for your feedback. I really want to get this sim up but feel like I'm not winning - she is so hard to do. Maybe I will submit her as a unique sim instead.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st May 2011 at 2:17 PM
Okay, I have tweaked her for 3 hours today. Is there any hope for this sim?

Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 21st May 2011 at 2:22 PM
Sure, there is hope for her.

I would suggest widen her jaw a bit more. It's still not there yet. Also, her head/face is very narrow. It should be a bit less long as it is now. Try making her head/face shorter.
Also, could you try some different make-up combo's? Try some other things that might fit Tyra well.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:24 PM
THanks Nikki

I think her jaw width and head width are deceptive with the hair.

I am not sure what you mean about making her head shorter less long- do you mean the chin, the forehead - which part should be shorter?

Field Researcher
#55 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:38 PM
You know, the length of the head, from top of the head to the chin.
Make that shorter.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:45 PM
okay, you wanted different makeup. I don't know if it looks more like Tyra.

Screenshots

Field Researcher
#57 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:54 PM
Hmmm..
I would suggest using something a bit more darker and a lot more subtle. Like a bit brownish eyeshadow.
I'm searching for some Tyra pictures, and from what I see, she has very subtle make-up.

I would suggest using a brownish, not too much, eyeshadow. Also use some skincolored (maybe a slightly pink color) lipstick or lipgloss.
Also, just make her blush slightly pinker than her own skin color. As for mascara, I would not go too crazy, but just use a subtle one.

Field Researcher
#58 Old 21st May 2011 at 4:50 PM
Hey there Audrey!
I had some free time today because it's unfortunately rainy and I saw your thread and decided to try and help you!
It's nothing huge but I didn't like the lipstick you're currently using and I found this source picture for Tyra's lips and made a lipstick from them!
I really want you to use these cause they'll look soooo much better on her!
I BET!
Take a look!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Tyra_lipstick.rar (172.0 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 21st May 2011 at 5:07 PM
Flaj, you are the best, thank you for these. I have downloaded the lips - I love the big teeth.

Is there anything else that you think needs tweaking?

Hee, hee, Nikki, that makeup was a bit exaggerated. Thanks for the suggestions. I want to make sure that she her sculpt is right and then I will dolly her up. Thanks for your feedback.

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 21st May 2011 at 5:44 PM
Okay..as far as the sculpt goes from what I can see is if you look at the side of her face...it is straight from just above her eyebrows to her jaw line and the bridge of her nose just a tad narrower. BIG improvement from when you first started!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:26 PM
I am not really happy with her jaw sculpt, but I just can't get it right. This is just to show flajko what his lips look like.

Thanks Rennara for your feedback. I haven't seen you on my threads before. Your input is very welcome.

Screenshots

Field Researcher
#62 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:57 PM
So, will you be using new lipstick?
Are you still using the lighting method I showed you?Your pictures are really dark?
Are you doing this because she's looking a bit different in the light spot?
With this lipstick(if you decide to continue using it) her upper lip should be more wider
I think her cheekbones should be higher,and less pronounced!
Except that, she's smokin' hot!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Scholar
#63 Old 21st May 2011 at 11:09 PM
I agree about the cheekbones moving up. I think, maybe, the eyebrows need to be a little lower or everything moved up to decrease the distance from eyebrows to eyes. Nose just a tiny bit wider and chin more square. Really, she's getting very close!
Scholar
#64 Old 21st May 2011 at 11:56 PM
Hi!
I agree with SimmyRN and i think that when you do those changes she will be pretty ready to upload.
She is realy stunning!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#65 Old 22nd May 2011 at 9:35 AM
Quote:
So, will you be using new lipstick?
Are you still using the lighting method I showed you?Your pictures are really dark?
Are you doing this because she's looking a bit different in the light spot?
With this lipstick(if you decide to continue using it) her upper lip should be more wider
I think her cheekbones should be higher,and less pronounced!
Except that, she's smokin' hot!

Hey flaj

Yes
Yes I am, I need to adjust her skintone a bit.
I am afraid to touch the width of the upper lip as it tends to distort the / \ look that she has.
I will make her cheekbones higher.
Thank you for that and thank you for taking the time to make the lips.

Simmy and Monca, thanks it seems that those pesky cheekbones have to be higher. And one of the things the mods said in the rejection was that her cheekbons were too high. Go figure.
Yes, her eyebrows need to be a tinch lower. I am not sure Simmy, which part of the nose needs to be wider? I'm not seeing it.

Oh well, off to upload her again. Hold thumbs for me.

Scholar
#66 Old 25th May 2011 at 5:08 AM
I meant the nose wider at the nostrils, but it would be a tiny change. Good luck with your upload!
Scholar
#67 Old 26th May 2011 at 1:01 AM
Oh Audrey, I wish you good luck!! I think she is beautiful!
Instructor
#68 Old 27th May 2011 at 3:42 PM Last edited by Redhead Creations : 27th May 2011 at 4:59 PM.
Wow, HUGE difference between the first picture and the last one you posted. The first picture almost looks like a Vanessa Williams attempt. =)

I think Tyra is starting to show through now!

I don't know if it's possible, but is there a way to turn the nostrils up a bit? The Sim Tyra's nostrils are kind of downturned, and RL Tyra's nostrils are in a straight line. Does that make any sense?

She's looking good!!

(EDIT) I didn't see that you were uploading again - I wish you the best of luck!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th May 2011 at 4:27 PM
do you know how i can do a Michael Jackson one i've tried but its really hard? and the Tyra one is really good its just the skin tone
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Lots of helpful sculpting info.
Page 3 of 3