Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:10 PM
I agree. Cats and dogs should not have to steal the show. I want reptiles, too.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:15 PM
I saw a snake in there
Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:17 PM
Really? I didn't notice it. I'll have to replay it. Cool!

EDIT: Okay, I saw it. Nice!
Instructor
#29 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:19 PM
Well if those pets are fake, then I'll be very disappointed... I'm in love with that horse! I always wanted to have horses in game. This horse was friendly and "vocal", he has very nice vocal!

I wonder if there will be horses in medival...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#30 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:28 PM
Oh, yeah, there is a snake in a terrarium at about 0:18, when the sim walks past and the dog and cat run after him.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:21 PM Last edited by el_flel : 11th Mar 2011 at 6:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I agree. Cats and dogs should not have to steal the show. I want reptiles, too.
Exactly. A bigger variety of pets would be awesome. Birds! And bunnies!

EDIT: I'm not saying these things are in the game, but that I would like them in the game.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:22 PM
It was confirmed that TSM had no horses, which upset many people. But that was in the older articles, so who knows now. But I do like the horse as well, and I'm a city man.
Theorist
#33 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:22 PM Last edited by tizerist : 11th Mar 2011 at 6:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
I saw a snake in there

If you're talking about the thing at 0:17 and at the end, are you sure its not a sculpture/box type of object, hopefully not though :/

And also, a deer is a quiet, grazing animal. With mods this means we'll hopefully be able to make cows and camels out of those.
And horses will be made into Unicorns,etc (for the girls mostly )

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#34 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:52 PM
Reading in another thread made me wonder this: do you reckon EA might add a veterinarian career path?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:59 PM
Inge! I love you, thanks so much for the video link at SimsPrograms. Only the Generations video is up, happy to finally see it.

Haven't seen the Pets one yet, but will follow this thread closely for what information I can gleam from it. Yay!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Banned
#36 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:23 PM
I'm pretty sure it's fake:

-It's clearly recorded directly from the game, the textures are noticeably lower quality than other trailers.
-Pet animations seem a bit like the one's you'd get with a video editor.
-No personalized text title like in other spin-offs / expansions.
-The other expansions aren't for consoles, don't see why this one would be...
-Nobody apart from simmers seems to have noticed the trailer?
-Think of it, why would EA make a spin-off instead of an expansion? Not even EA is that dumb.

But then again, I could be wrong.
Retired
retired moderator
#37 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:25 PM
TUN3R... ...would EA even be *able* to block the video on copyright grounds if they didn't possess the copyright to the material?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Banned
#38 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:29 PM
Making a fake trailer doesn't violate copyright as far as I know...

Also, ''Unleashed'' was also used for The Sims 1 why would they...

Wait...

Scratch that, NFS Hot Pursuit.
Retired
retired moderator
#39 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:30 PM
That's my whole point. And EA have blocked the trailer on the grounds that it breaches THEIR copyright. That suggests it's not even slightly fake.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#40 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
These ones are still working: http://www.simprograms.com/28653/th...g-october-2011/ and http://www.simprograms.com/28654/th...ficial-trailer/

Darn, the unleashed one is gone. Generations is still there though.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:33 PM
Unleashed is definately real
A) Ea wouldnt of blocked it if it was fake
B) It would be pretty much impossible for someone to fake the animals
C) It will be an expansion, as the PC Mac symbol shown at the end of the trailer, along with consoles
D) I dont see why it wouldnt be an expansion, pets/animals is one of the most asked for feature and EA would make big money on an animal expansion anyways
Banned
#42 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:34 PM Last edited by TUN3R : 11th Mar 2011 at 7:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
That's my whole point. And EA have blocked the trailer on the grounds that it breaches THEIR copyright. That suggests it's not even slightly fake.

Hmm, kay I'll give you that much. Still I have doubts...

And if it's a spin off it doesn't make me feel better ether... but hey let's be positive (sigh)! Maybe it's a standalone game only on consoles and EP on PC / Apple! Sounds like the kind of stupidity EA would do...

Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
Unleashed is definately real
B) It would be pretty much impossible for someone to fake the animals

D) I dont see why it wouldnt be an expansion, pets/animals is one of the most asked for feature and EA would make big money on an animal expansion anyways

B: No mate it's not impossible, I've seen even more extreme editing than this. Someone who wants to troll that bad will do it.

D: Because Expansions on consoles are not approved by Gill Bates and Ecks Bawks and therefore they must ether make them as DLC or standalone game.

EDIT: In the Generations trailer, new car O.O Still ugly.
Test Subject
#43 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 8:01 PM
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 8:11 PM
I feel the need to point out that expansions haven't been added to the console (SO FAR) because most of the expansions to the games came out prior to console release, and (I don't have the game so I may be wrong) it seems as though features and items from the expansions were incorporated into the console release. Pets has to be an expansion because 1.) EA cannot be that stupid (I hope) and 2.) I am so sick of listening to people ask for it.

I want it to play, yeah. But mostly I want it so I'll stop seeing all the bitching/requests for it.
Alchemist
#45 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 8:20 PM
Ooooh, the pets look good! But wait, why would they (supposedly) announce two EPs at once? Confused 0_o. They're also getting really uncreative with EP names. Late Night = Night Life, just switch the words and change two letters. Generations is lame, and Unleashed speaks for itself.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 8:24 PM
You know, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Unleashed one is real and they are releasing it on console, they did the same with The Sims 2 Pets. I don't think they were ever advertised together, and those games were very different than the PC version, but, it's all still possible.
Instructor
#47 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 8:37 PM
I belive that EA would most likeley Release these 2 in tandem with each other. Also, I belive its real,. It LOOKS like EA's graphics, if it was a fake, then it would looks like it would been done in ICLONE. The graphics are too smooth to be iclone.
Theorist
#48 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:03 PM
OMG THANK YOU PEAR! I finally got a working link!!!!

I don't think it's fake, no amateur could fake all that, it looks simish to me. Also is Neon Tree's Animal new? I don't think I've heard it in simlish before, if it's new then this game has to be true.

I love this EP. I'm sad though cause it's not until October and I like this more than Generations (Generations still looks good though).

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#49 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:07 PM
Thanks IJ, but the only video I could watch was the generation one.. DAMN COPYRIGHTS STUFFZ! -.- I so want to see if the pets thing is fake or not!

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#50 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:12 PM
@Zandvoort: Try this YT link for S3 Unleashed, I just watched it there.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Page 2 of 18