Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:23 PM
I think it will look more like this...
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Buy
-Coffee Table with large Drawers (Buydebug)
-Very Short Coffee Table (Buydebug)
-Wood Desk (Buydebug)
-Wood Wall Shelving (Buydebug)

-Electronic/Digital Alarm Clock (Buydebug)
Buydebug
Buydebug
Buydebug

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:23 PM
It also looks like we get new and matching windows:

Unless of course this is a rabbithole...

Also, one thing I've noticed was the cane. If there is a cane I wonder if Sims could become "injured."

Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:28 PM
I think that's a rabbit hole :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:28 PM
that's the grocery store :p

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#30 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:30 PM
To me that looks like the base game grocery store. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The hook is generations. People have been complaining about different age groups being neglected and now EA want to show them some love. The EP expands on the original by giving different age groups more to do. Basically, Family Life.

As much as I would love to have more interactions for sims of all ages, this whole Generations theme seems like it should be a side feature. I feel like this EP is missing a main feature. Oh well. Still seems like a fun edition to the Sims 3
Scholar
#32 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:10 AM Last edited by ebec17 : 12th Mar 2011 at 12:20 AM.
Got another vid for anybody who hasn't seen it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFOV4soM34

In :53, there's a guy getting electrocuted by blue lighting stuff. Maybe it's in the process of making the stink bomb?

Also, there's a boy child wearing a medal at the end, that's new, right?

I really hope that's more then just a picture of a WATER SLIDE!

And was there a see-saw before? I can't remember XD

One of the pictures in the background in the beginning shows the mom walking the son, so it IS an action. Heck, I'll pay the $40 just for that XD
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:19 AM

Field Researcher
#34 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
As much as I would love to have more interactions for sims of all ages, this whole Generations theme seems like it should be a side feature. I feel like this EP is missing a main feature. Oh well. Still seems like a fun edition to the Sims 3

This, so very much. Yeah, it'll be great to (hopefully) have more things for babies, toddlers and kids to do. And I would hope they're actually going to include more clothes, hair & items for those age groups...but it feels like something is missing. I'm still hoping for a surprise feature like weather or pets, (doesn't even have to be either, but weather would be great,) but I think I'm going to be outta luck with that. Hopefully that "something is missing" feeling will go away when we hear more about it besides the trailer, but I'm not going to hold my breath; I do so dislike the only source of information right now is the trailer, given how they stage so much.

Still crossing my fingers that we get an awesome supernatural creature, aliens or zombies would be great.

Soooo...where's the poo coming from in the Flaming Bag of Poo prank, if there's no pets in this EP?

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Mad Poster
#35 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:41 AM
^ To tell the truth, I really don't want to know.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#36 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:48 AM
Maybe it comes from all the magically disappearing diapers?
Theorist
#37 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 1:11 AM
Hey what about a dress up box? I never use their weird dress-up clothes they constantly give us but if it was an object sort of acting like a toy box and sims changed into their costumes that would be cute.

Maybe the supernatural is witches because the little girl was holding a sparkling wand?

Hi I'm Paul!
Retired
retired moderator
#38 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Maybe the supernatural is witches because the little girl was holding a sparkling wand?

Actually... ...that's not a bad theory!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#39 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Actually... ...that's not a bad theory!

Actually...the boy next to her was acting like a dinosaur, and the kid behind them was acting like...something. I think it's just the dress up box, and not anything more. Witches would be nice, I guess, if they were given the same type of upgrade vampires were.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Mad Poster
#40 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Hey what about a dress up box? I never use their weird dress-up clothes they constantly give us but if it was an object sort of acting like a toy box and sims changed into their costumes that would be cute.

I thought the box on the bottom right of the screen where the kids were playing make- believe, was a costume box.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:49 AM
It sounds pretty cool. I'm wondering what type of community lot(s) will be added to this EP? Hopefully no more rabbit holes.
Theorist
#42 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I thought the box on the bottom right of the screen where the kids were playing make- believe, was a costume box.

It's hard to tell from the video, it could be a toybox and EA using their "movie magic"

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 5:21 AM
Omg! I'm soooo excited! I can't believe we're getting home movies now...that actually crossed my mind as something I would love to have but thought it would be waaaay too unlikely.

I haven't caught up on the new info yet, but is there any word on the new supernatural creature? Or even a hint?

Oh, and do you guys think Prom will be a rabbit hole? I would love to see the teens all dressed up and dancing together :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LollySims
Omg! I'm soooo excited! I can't believe we're getting home movies now...that actually crossed my mind as something I would love to have but thought it would be waaaay too unlikely.

If they do this well enough, we won't need memories.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:17 AM
At this point the thing I most want is just Collections. I wish I could have collection folders for all my custom content instead of having to go through every darn item to find a whole set. :P
Forum Resident
#46 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:56 AM
Looks awesome, but considering that it's EA who's making it, it will probably be not-so-awesome *Cup half empty*

I hope it adds either Zombies or Witches, just 'cause I said so
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:02 AM
You know, I keep re-watching the trailer, and although I am very excited for this EP, I can't help but think there is still some sort of major focal point missing. Obviously in Unleashed, the focus is on pets and that's a major new element. Generations so far it seems like it's just filling in some gaps from the base game (better parties/weddings, more interactions for toddlers/kids/teens, some tweaks to adults/elders, etc). Not that I'm not thrilled for extra realism and more for families to do, but it still seems like there should be some core element that pulls the whole thing together. Of course I guess Free Time was sort of similar in that sense, where it was just a lot of little things and not so much centered around a key element, per se.

Also, in regards to prom, I saw in an earlier post on this thread that it is a rabbit hole...has this been confirmed? I didn't think they'd open up the school rabbit hole or anything, but a separate venue to hold the prom in would've been cool, and also give bands from Late Night another place to get gigs I really don't see the point in continuing to add rabbit holes for fun places/events...I want to actually SEE my Sims doing stuff
Theorist
#48 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:31 AM
I agree that Generations doesn't seem to have much of a focus, it just seems centered on making the most out of each age group. It doesn't seem to actually be that family-oriented. World Adventures had traveling, Ambitions had professions, Late Night had club hopping in the city, and Unleashed will add animals. I think I'll just need a straight up list of all the activities for each age group in the EP to truly understand what we'll get for our money when we pick up Generations. So much stuff in that trailer looks staged....
Field Researcher
#49 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:59 AM
I hope the supernatural is witches I really miss witches, the rest of the stuff I am pretty ambivalent about to be honest.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I agree that Generations doesn't seem to have much of a focus, it just seems centered on making the most out of each age group. It doesn't seem to actually be that family-oriented. World Adventures had traveling, Ambitions had professions, Late Night had club hopping in the city, and Unleashed will add animals. I think I'll just need a straight up list of all the activities for each age group in the EP to truly understand what we'll get for our money when we pick up Generations. So much stuff in that trailer looks staged....

Yeah, I agree about parts looking staged. Like the "passed out" guys at the bachelor party. A couple of them are curled up in the fetal position, like what happens when Sims die

I'm curious about the teen parties. In the video there's a little sign before that part that says "Parents Gone! Party!", and I can't help but think this seems odd, in that, parents are seldom away unless they work nights, or you happen to send them somewhere in town. Usually in real life teens throw wild parties while parents are out of town.

Also, I'm intrigued by the aviation pictures on the wall (around 1:14 in the video). Seems like this doesn't really go with the theme, and I'm wondering if we're getting a new career in aviation. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it
Page 2 of 73