Replies: 314 (Who?), Viewed: 67822 times.
Page 3 of 13
Forum Resident
#51 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 7:28 PM Last edited by Tempscire : 20th Mar 2011 at 7:38 PM.
This is very minor, but the option to slide pictures up and down the walls: why did they change which keys controlled that? I keep defaulting to [ ]. Do those keys already do something else that I don't have an EP for? Why make such an arbitrary, useless change?

(For that matter, why did they wait so long to add it back in? They'd already worked it out for TS2, and even if they couldn't get it in the base game proper, it's such a small thing that it should have been included in a patch by the time the first EP was released.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_flel
3. It lacks the charm from the previous versions which I think is because this is the first The Sims to have been developed by someone other than Maxis.

iirc, the TS2 base game was the only Sims 2 game to have any kind of Maxis-type influence over it.

(So far as I'm concerned, there's a clear lack of charm in TS2 compared to what was in TS1, though not as terrible a degree as the TS2/3 divide.)
Mad Poster
#52 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 7:54 PM Last edited by el_flel : 20th Mar 2011 at 8:27 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempscire
iirc, the TS2 base game was the only Sims 2 game to have any kind of Maxis-type influence over it.

(So far as I'm concerned, there's a clear lack of charm in TS2 compared to what was in TS1, though not as terrible a degree as the TS2/3 divide.)
Both TS1 and TS2 were developed by Maxis, according to Wikipedia. Either way, I think it's very clear that TS3 was developed by someone completely different to the previous two versions.

ETA: re the quote below, see the above. Maxis have nothing to do with TS3. They haven't been involved in The Sims since some point mid-way through TS2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenVren
What even happened to Maxis?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 12:44 AM
1) We need sub-neighborhoods, there's no way to avoid it. With all the expansion packs, as well as a population that grows every generation, sub-neighborhoods are must. Expanding the base neighborhood is not a feasible option, due to the prohibitive load times it would create.

2) The apartments are shit. One small household living in an enormous building by themselves is not what I would call high density housing. We need more than one household to live in one building. This is enough on its own to ruin LN. I hope for a Apartment Life-type fix, but I doubt that one will come around.

3) The system of genetics is a joke. Simply cloning one of the parents' faces is worse than making a face that looks nothing like either of theirs.

4) There's nothing even the vaguest bit quirky or clever.

5) Children can't do anything!

6) Every patch seems to break the game even more than the last.

7) WA is another fail expansion pack. I want a relaxing vacation, not to be told to go run around in some underground dungeon and get electrocuted. Incorporating RPG elements into the game is something that should not be repeated.

8) Sims spend so much more time doing nothing than in previous games. Directing a Sim to get some cereal could take a good hour, what with all the pointless standing around and tapping their foot they have to do every few feet.

9) Story progression is an abominable mess. My game was virtually unplayable before I installed a third party story progression replacement, what with all my favorite Sims dying or moving away as soon as I took my eyes off them and the random babies falling from the sky.

10) The traits mean practically nothing. All Sims still act almost exactly the same as each other.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_flel
Both TS1 and TS2 were developed by Maxis, according to Wikipedia. Either way, I think it's very clear that TS3 was developed by someone completely different to the previous two versions.

ETA: re the quote below, see the above. Maxis have nothing to do with TS3. They haven't been involved in The Sims since some point mid-way through TS2.

Mm, I must have been thinking of Will Wright's involvement in particular, then, what with Spore and all.
Scholar
#55 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 7:46 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 21st Mar 2011 at 8:43 AM.
Where I felt the Sims 3 really messed up In my opinion is.......(And I Will Say this again,I know some people said the same things as well.)

1) No Optional Sub-hoods;be able to travel without losing your friendship and family trees Permanently. EA Should of release CAW since the beginning of their first release (base game) and had the opportunity to set-it as any sub-hood (Base) Vacation (WA) City and so on as the EP adds on. Plus It should not be A default/replaceable and unlimited how ever you want (if your computer can handle it).

WA and LN really blown this opportunity. We already have the seamless neighborhood and Story Progression it's really great better than the Sims 2. In (WA) if you visit for example, in France you will meet a Sim, Befriend him he become your long distance friend once you go home. Why it can't be the same for multiple custom optional sub hoods this should be the only loading screen In my opinion.

I see so many good CAW worlds out there that I get sad,because once I pick a family like a 4th generation family that I worked Very hard without cheating while moving to a town like Bridgeport, I will lose all of my friendships(long distance friendships from WA) that I've managed plus new family trees that I also manged for a long time it sucks. it looks out of place if you put shells like skyscrapers apartments from LN to WA destinations. Best of both worlds should apply.

2) Lack of having a Collection folder!!! to organize CAS and objects that should of been in the base game, would it killed EA to do this? !!!

3) Some Work Rabbit holes (Like Military,hospital,etc.) are reasonable. But the part-time work like the diner,spa,bookstore should be fully customizable like the Sims 2 did.

4) Every Sim has a phone, every clothing from the start and don't have to spend a dime. In the Sims 2 you had to work you butt off to get these things. Every Sim should start off with Maximum of 3 clothing's and no phone you should earn it.(or cheat)

5) some of the opportunities are very repetitiveI don't mind a bit of a goal-oriented or RPG elements to the Sim 3, not going to lie it's a very good concept and new to this sequel franchise. The greatest example is in AMB the Detective, Fashion and Home design. It's where you just point and click, that's it. It should be more than that. It would be nice to have some sort of a opportunity editor to choose (Cheat code) so it won't be obvious and repetitive.

6) It's a lot tamer than the Sims 2 for example, in the Sims 2, if you had a Lifetime wish of having to have 20 lovers you can have casual whohoo with out no consequences(if you get caught it's really funny) plus having to keep your boyfriends/girl friends in the mix. In the Sims medieval I very surprised to see that you can breast feed your child but not in the Sims 3? No cake strippers, can't bathe your child, nectar instead of wine (Seriously?) and don't get me started on the wedlock scandal issue it pisses me off!! it's a really odd concept (thank goodness for HP for a mod on this one).

7) Wasted potentials, lack of objects and opportunities for EP's

- Expansion Packs

In (WA) You have three places to travel once you done all of most of the tombs and find most of the treasures that's it.WA would of been perfect if the tombs would of reset without mods
another one is you start to collect gems you either keep it for display or sell it too make a large sum of money(Where it is too easy),you should have the option to to make gems that you collected an accessory meaning that once you wear them it will affect your mood. For instance the Tiberium a sim wears a newly created necklace,bracelet,ect your sim should of had "Feeling a bit Glowy" Moodlet +15 or something while the necklace glows instead of keeping the gem by itself.

In (AMB)The Consignment store, It should of been the perfect to add a OFB Elements and made it better to the option to own it and run it, if the kids can sell mini bakery's then why didn't EA add a Bakery Profession for adults like the Sims 2 plus Run your own restaurants,Spa and bookstore,etc, a 100% of the time not just to collect the money only.Tattoo designer should of been a full-time job (and travel all over the world) instead of a hidden skill and a part time job.

In (LN) No Pool/billiard tables whats a club without those things. Not enough apartment shells or set floors/shell floors to how many floors do we want, depending on your Computer and GPU. No DJ turntables that should of been in there too, if you can bar tend a bar then you should be able to make some money too and make it a skill like a mixology and drums. The lack of vocals in making a band meaning no Microphones/a singer in a band. (maybe EA will add it in later EP's)

8) Lack of long term Moodlets for example, if one of your family or best friend dies the Sim will have 2 days of some one dieing Moodlet then after that, it's back to normal for the Sim. Moodlet like these would of been be like memories from the Sims 2 but put it like WA did in a Journal and have the Sim be affected permanently, so the Sims will never forget especially if the traits are over-emotional and coward can be good for game play.

9) The Lack's charm and humorous things like the Grilled cheeses,the lack of llama humor,cake strippers(see #6) ,the yeti,dance cages,Streaking,hilariously getting caught by cheating.

Edit: Man this just click in my head a few seconds ago

10) Repetitiveness of social interactions in order to unlock more interactions. A example in order to have a very beautiful romantic woohoo with that precious some one (Minding you that they are boyfriend and girlfriend or lovers ) you have to repeatedly force your sim of numerous of romantic interactions in order to have your sim finally unlock that interaction and have that nice, romantic, sensual, whohoo. Plus, it sometimes takes 1 sim hour to do this, then you before you know it, you have something else to do again. In the Sims 2 if your relationship is high enough and you are lovers then it's easily game on with lot's of love and whoohoo.

11) Lack of romantic interaction socials like kiss on the stair ways. goosing/mild spanking (butt grabbing and),slow dancing(and kissing) does french/tongue kissing count too? holding hands while walking to the beach,park,library,etc, snuggling. hold on each others waists and kissing on the neck, kissing each other while one touch the butt/goosing (or Accidentally playful wise) and whoohoo on the couch, whoohoo on the hammocks if we ever get it on future EP's whoohoo in the shower. (I will love that). it should not be too crazy but, just like Sims 1 and 2. Add better animations of these social interactions than the previous two sequels not just more romantic interactions need to be added but like new family, rabbit holes, kids, teens and adults one as well.
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 8:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcranger9
the only reason i continue to play the sims 3 is because of the open neighborhood. but I'm considering going back to ts2 now that you guys have shown me light!(EA's mess-ups)
Thats EXACTLY why I play TS3 which I never do play . I just play TS2(anyway I can't get downloads to work for TS3, however I can dowload for TS2 !!

I LOVE HOTRODS!!!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 9:38 AM
The failure to fully integrate the seamless open world with features found in sims 2. Where is my shopping malls, proper apartments? Wasted potential.
Alchemist
#58 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 5:01 PM
I only have two real issues with TS3, rabbit hole restaurants,lack of toddler interaction. It seems silly to not have eat in restaurants with the waiters and cooks like in TS2 and I'm surprised that I'd miss something as minor as bathing a toddler
Banned
#59 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 5:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyinbmore
I'd miss something as minor as bathing a toddler

Why? -.-

I'm gonna ignore that bit... what interactions were you hoping to use for toddlers :P?
Forum Resident
#60 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 6:02 PM
I know a lot of people would disagree, but i sorta kinda wish that EA just took Sims 2 with some of its best expansions, made the sims look like they do in sims 3 CAS, Make the scenery look the way it does in TS3, add the open neighborhood, CASt, and traits. And a few other things and that could be the sims 3
Mad Poster
#61 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 7:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse254
I know a lot of people would disagree, but i sorta kinda wish that EA just took Sims 2 with some of its best expansions, made the sims look like they do in sims 3 CAS, Make the scenery look the way it does in TS3, add the open neighborhood, CASt, and traits. And a few other things and that could be the sims 3

People complain now that they recycled animations and furniture from TS2, yet they want more interractions and stuff for the simmies. Personally, I would have liked if they kept the TS2 neighbourhood play style, just make it open to free roaming. I don't know most of the sims in the neighbourhood, what good is it to see that a never played sim is going to the spa when my sim is on the other side of the town.
Inventor
#62 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 7:36 PM
The thing is that the whole open neighborhood thing is almost a lie. Sure, you can walk down the street and go to any location without loading screens (yay!) but the other sims in the neighborhood never do anything. They're either standing around, scrambling around to find the nearest rabbithole to duck into, or they're standing in their living rooms for hours. I've watched my sims' neighbors. They literally stand in their living rooms, doing nothing, for HOURS. The only reason they go to the park is to fill their social bars or to eat, because they apparently can't cook at home when they're standing around their front room doing NOTHING.

And I have a feeling that they're going to give us the majority of Sims 2 stuff, but they're going to make us pay for it and they'll slowly drag it on over the next 4 years and 6 EPs. I'm sure that Generations will probably allow you the option of a changing table (like laundry and laundry baskets) and maybe the ability to bathe a toddler because they found out that people are upset with the fact that babies, toddlers, and children have been stripped since the base game for fun things to do. Teens have so little to do that they usually end up reading a book, grabbing a guitar, or watching television all the time. In fact, my teens have SO LITTLE to do that the first thing they want to do, despite any traits they have, is to get a part-time job and they never have any wants outside of skill building or doing chores. They don't even want to date each other!

I'm really hoping that Generations cleans up this mess. Late Night was impressive to me except that, if you have any Charisma skill whatsoever, your sim will be guaranteed to be a 5-star celebrity in a very short amount of time because, eventually, as you socialize you get that Celebrity perk and everyone becomes your insta-friend so befriending celebrities is easy. I haven't had any of the problems that everyone keeps complaining about (glitchy elevators, vampires everywhere, etc).
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 8:45 PM
IMHO, it's the little things that are messed up, but were probably a great idea on the drawing board. It feels, in some cases, like they went with the first idea anyone came up with without thinking about it, as if they were creating the game in a rush.

(Only have base game, if any of these was fixed later on, great!)

For example, cars and bikes are totally and utterly useless. If I have two adult Sims, and each of them has his own car/bike, and even if I click "go to work" and he does that by using his own vehicle, the idiotic car pool still comes and honks for an hour. Why? If he has his own car, no need for carpool then?

A pregnant Sim goes to hospital by bike. She comes home by taxi. Understandable, she won't be cycling with a newborn. BUT if a Sim husband takes her to the hospital with their own car, they still return by cab. Why?

A Sim works in the Police (Sunset Valley default hood). I send him to the bookshop after work. Unless I choose for him to walk, he will take a cab. Why? Dude, it's just 2 steps across the park! Micromanagement gone weird...

A technophobe Sim is afraid of TVs and Computers, but nevertheless is born with a cellphone and happily writes novels on a computer. Not thinking this one trough, ha EA?
Make an unlucky Sim and send him to work. What happens there isn't unlucky, that's just plain bullying. Unlucky would be, f.e. finding a bug in your meal, not getting promoted even after an opportunity, etc.

A Sim Town becomes overpopulated and the game decides it is time to kill off some Sims. Somebody in EA thought it to be normal to start the kill list with toddlers and babies. Why in heavens name not elders??? I had old bat Clavell running around for weeks past her time, but a toddler drowned. Great job. Nothing sick here.

I have nothing against fatter Sims. In fact, I dislike them too skinny. But, in some 5-6 weeks game time, half of the city population became sickening fat.

They made this cool open town, albeit with rabbit holes, and yet, the fridge conjures groceries and dressers conjure clothes. So what is the reason to actually go somewhere?

Sims can write novels. When it's finished, they get one copy in the mail, and the novel is available in the library. Why not bookstore also?

And finally, the Story Progression itself. When I first heard about it, I thought: Cool. Now, when Parker Langerak is grown up, he will move on his own and start his own family.
But what game actually does - it deletes the entire Langerak family and moves in a Random McPig. What was EA thinking with this? OK, the affairs, the out-of-wedlock babies, the break ups, job dancing, but this? How was it a good idea to randomly delete families? Everything of the before mentioned can be easily corrected by player (re-marry them, give a baby to someone else, get him back on the wanted job etc), but when they move, they are obliterated for ever.

Oh, and the game did delete families you played. This was corrected later on, but how could they think that players will appreciate when a family (in which they invested a lot of their real time) was randomly deleted just because you left them alone for 5 minutes? I'm still shocked by this reasoning...

There are several other examples of this kind of not-thinking-it-trough behavior. I still think that Sims 3 are an enjoyable game. But, with a little bit of more time and brain invested by creators in some of the aspects of the gameplay, they could have been a great game! Now, my most used sentence is: Of all the possibilities, this is the one they decided to go with??
Instructor
#64 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 6:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfromhere
For example, cars and bikes are totally and utterly useless. If I have two adult Sims, and each of them has his own car/bike, and even if I click "go to work" and he does that by using his own vehicle, the idiotic car pool still comes and honks for an hour. Why? If he has his own car, no need for carpool then?

Oh I know. That's one thing I've never understood very well. I'm guessing it's a throw back to the Sims 1, where Sims could never own cars and they always used car pools and taxicabs to travel to work or other lots.

There does exist a mod to disable the carpool, though in my opinion it should have been an option out of the box (without mods). Perhaps it's just the realism factor, and it could be a regional thing (I'm sure carpools are more common in some places than others). It's just that in most of the U.S. (geographically anyway), most people don't carpool.

Quote:
A pregnant Sim goes to hospital by bike. She comes home by taxi. Understandable, she won't be cycling with a newborn. BUT if a Sim husband takes her to the hospital with their own car, they still return by cab. Why?

Think that's strange? I can probably top that (though this scenario requires LN). Once I had a couple where the wife gave birth. Both of them were 5-star celebrities. First, when I directed the husband to take his wife to the hospital, they used the wife's car and she drove (while she's in labor!). If that's not strange enough, it gets even stranger. After they visit the hospital, they ride in a limo (4 and 5 star celebrities use limos in lieu of taxis), only the mother was driving the limo (after giving birth!), not a chauffeur.

Quote:
They made this cool open town, albeit with rabbit holes, and yet, the fridge conjures groceries and dressers conjure clothes. So what is the reason to actually go somewhere?

For them to meet other Sims, retrieve tomb prizes (though this requires WA), or purchase from the consignment store (requires Ambitions). There's also rock collecting and fishing, assuming you don't use buydebug to add the spawners to your Sims home lot.

Though yes, with enough different objects, most things a Sims could do elsewhere, they could do at their home.

Quote:
Sims can write novels. When it's finished, they get one copy in the mail, and the novel is available in the library. Why not bookstore also?

I believe there's a mod for that. Although it does seem strange that this isn't available without a mod.

Quote:
And finally, the Story Progression itself. When I first heard about it, I thought: Cool. Now, when Parker Langerak is grown up, he will move on his own and start his own family.
But what game actually does - it deletes the entire Langerak family and moves in a Random McPig. What was EA thinking with this? OK, the affairs, the out-of-wedlock babies, the break ups, job dancing, but this? How was it a good idea to randomly delete families? Everything of the before mentioned can be easily corrected by player (re-marry them, give a baby to someone else, get him back on the wanted job etc), but when they move, they are obliterated for ever.

What's even weirder is when Sims move from more expensive houses into cheaper ones. Sure, that can happen in real life, but usually it doesn't.

There are Story Progression mods that attempt to provide a better form of it, which you may wish to look into. I can't recommend any in particular since I haven't tried any mod of this type.

I do know what you mean. For example, I may decide that I want one particular Sim to become the spouse of a Sim I'm playing, and then that Sim disappears? Argh.
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 12:13 PM
So, there's a mod for everything that EA messed up. Just goes to show they should have perhaps tested the gameplay a bit more. Or, they could just hire the most popular modders for the next EPs.
Banned
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 2:49 PM
Quote:
So, there's a mod for everything that EA messed up.

I have yet to find mods that fix at least 1/4 of the game's issues.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 3:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUN3R
I have yet to find mods that fix at least 1/4 of the game's issues.

Shhh! Dont say that! Don't utter things like "fix" or "why wont this work properly?". He lurks in the shadows waiting for folks to complain about all the defects of the game...then he pounces! After that, you'll never have a problem again. NEVER!

Some say he's obstreperous. Some say he's a jerk. I say he's a monster
Mad Poster
#68 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 4:24 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC0722
I believe there's a mod for that. Although it does seem strange that this isn't available without a mod.

I felt the same about the novels, that they should have been available in the bookstore, but on second thought I realised that they do nothing in the game and that they would just clutter up the bookstore register. Besides sims will read anyway the novels that come automatically with their bookcases, it's not like they choose what to read based on novel ratings and such.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 4:30 PM
Quote:
So, there's a mod for everything that EA messed up. Just goes to show they should have perhaps tested the gameplay a bit more. Or, they could just hire the most popular modders for the next EPs.
There are a fair few third party bug fixes but the carpool one that BenC0722 mentioned isn't a bug fix - it changed a feature - so that isn't something that got messed up. I'm not sure about the book one, though. It seems odd to not make them purchasable but it's been that way since the beginning which makes me think perhaps EA intended it to be that way. Who knows!
Test Subject
#70 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 6:44 PM
I think one of the biggest things that bother me is the coinciding instances of the cartoony versus' realism. They really don't go good of a job balancing those two things. They just seem as if two or maybe three departments worked on both areas without consulting one another and the cartoony people decided to slack off...a lot.

Also, I miss fears. Even the dumb ones that I could relate to like, 'Use a public restroom.'
Test Subject
#71 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 7:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocobaura
I felt the same about the novels, that they should have been available in the bookstore, but on second thought I realised that they do nothing in the game and that they would just clutter up the bookstore register. Besides sims will read anyway the novels that come automatically with their bookcases, it's not like they choose what to read based on novel ratings and such.

Why I mentioned novels: Lets say you have 2 Sims in 2 different households. Sim 1 is a prolific writer. Sim 2 is a bookworm, and will gradually have a wish to read a certain number of books. Would be nice for the bookworm Sim to be able to purchase Sim written books. This way he is confined to the library or stealing

As for cluttering the register - perhaps a better system could have been made; also it would be nice if the books a Sim has read are a bit greyed out. Same goes for the cooking recipes. Before sending him to bookstore, I have to research what he knows and what he has read.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:57 PM
For me the worst thing by far is that everytime I start playing I get about 45mins and then the bets can start on wether it will crash or overheat my comp first. Also that this leads to me having to reinstall so often. Though even with that I still keep coming back to the game so I guess overall I must pretty like it.

Actually in the game I think the most annoying things are the time it takes for a sim to do things (like cooking pasta and eating it takes hours), the shortage of social interations, the loss of the 'charm' that others have mentioned, they gave us cars yet they seem pointless so I never buy them, that so many actions have to be done individually and can't be done at the same time (like watching tv and eating), that foreplay even within marraige has to be so long that at least one of the sims end up having to sleep or go the toilet instead, sims don't seem to have real relationships as in their family members don't seem to have any importance to them and stupid amounts of foreplay are needed even in marriage.

One thing that I really liked in sims 3 but thing could of been better was the increased 'spaces' on surfaces. I thought it was great to be able to put several things on a table but would of liked it if they had added 'places' to more surfaces. It would of made the homes look so much more real if there was a remote control on the arm of the sofa.
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 9:17 PM
One thing I miss very much in The Sims 3 are the memories. I feel like that made Sims very three-dimensional in the fact you could look at their memories and how it affected them. Now, without them, I feel that my sims don't really remember anything and I really wish I had that to look back on, such as an achievement book. I really liked being able to look back on what my sims had done. I really don't understand why EA took that out.

Another thing I miss is alien abductions. I never really experimented all that much with them in TS2 but I wish I had. I do like how you can make different colored Sims in CAS (such as green, blue, red) but to me it seems kinda pointless without any special power or something to come along with it.

I also miss businesses. I also did not try this out much in TS2 although I did have the expansion. My brother did have a restaurant in game and he seemed to really enjoy it and missed it in TS3 as well. In Ambitions it talks how you can be all kinds of different professions, but I really can't see any logical reason why they didn't include being able to open businesses either. I miss having bakeries and restaurants etc.

I miss rewards from jobs too. I remember getting the cow plant from the science profession in TS2 and in TS3 all we have is a statue of a cow plant. I have gotten a little statue of a fox from getting to the top of the Criminal track but it seemed kinda pointless to me to get it.

I MISS PETS! I have a nice open yard in one of my Sims houses and it feels like a dog should be there.
Instructor
#74 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Love~Spell}
I miss rewards from jobs too. I remember getting the cow plant from the science profession in TS2 and in TS3 all we have is a statue of a cow plant. I have gotten a little statue of a fox from getting to the top of the Criminal track but it seemed kinda pointless to me to get it.

Yeah, some career rewards aren't so great, and some careers don't even have rewards. I don't know about self-employed profession rewards (as in Ambitions), since I've never actually got any Sim to level 10 in a profession except for Writer, and I don't remember it having a reward.

But some careers do have rewards. In LN, if you reach level 10 in Film (Director), you get a director's chair although it's not that great. I've also heard that Level 10 in Culinary gives that Sim a Fridge where leftovers never go bad, though I've never tried this to see. Level 8-10 (can't remember which branch) in Police gives your Sim a Police Car, while the other gives a free laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Love~Spell}
I MISS PETS! I have a nice open yard in one of my Sims houses and it feels like a dog should be there.

Then hopefully the rumors about an EP called Unleashed are true. I hope the horses mean you can use them instead of a car, which would open up new ideas for World Building in CAW (a Frontier/"Old West" town, anyone?).
Alchemist
#75 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcatapila
For me the worst thing by far is that everytime I start playing I get about 45mins and then the bets can start on wether it will crash or overheat my comp first.

That sounds like a computer issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC0722
Then hopefully the rumors about an EP called Unleashed are true.

Most people think that will be a console release only
Page 3 of 13