Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
How about we just leave it at this (mildly NSFW):

Definitely. Why are we still talking about this on a forum that 13-year olds can access? Think of the children!

hahaha, my 4 year old saw the link I clicked on and she said, "Those penises look like hot dogs!"
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
hahaha, my 4 year old saw the link I clicked on and she said, "Those penises look like hot dogs!"

You let your 4-year-old look at hot dogs?!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#53 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
That Ken dolls did not have genitalia never bothered me because I had no clue.

All the Ken dolls I had, had like mounted semi-tight plastic underwear on as part of them. So they kinda had something going on down there, but you couldn't take a peek.

Last night when I was taking pictures of full-body tattoos for an upload, I put the dude standing there naked (without the mosaic), and dear god, the fact that it was just... flat down there AND the custom skin had hair too down there... it looked like a vagina. So yyyyeah...
Forum Resident
#54 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:08 PM
When I was a kid I always knew SOMETHING was supposed to be there on the Ken doll, but it never occurred to me what exactly. But playing the sims (which I leave the mosaic unless I'm doing a shoot for a skintone, I'm not prude or anything, I'm just scared of seeing the flatness) I get sort of disturbed when my poor males are robbed of their appendges.. Poor things. By the age of 12 I was very much aware of the male parts, thanks to sex education. In clothes like the bathing suit or underwear, I usually give my men something airy, and not so tight, simply because I feel bad for their lack of... erm.. junk. I know there's content out there to fix it, but I guess I would feel pervy about downloading it. I do think EAxis could have given the men a little omph in the clothing, but when I make skintones, I feel so bad when their crotch is blank.. and flat. Reverse sexism? Hmmm. If it was to preserve T ratings, well in all respect, a unknowing 13-year old isn't go out of their way to remove the mosaic, and if they are and their parents are worried about parts then they shouldn't let their children play a game with possible nudity. I played Sims 1 when I was 8, and my mother had no problems with with the getting naked for showers and whatever else. Meh, it's whatever. Poor flat mensims.

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 12:12 AM
Boobs = $ from people who would buy the game because BOOBS
Accurate genitals =/= $ from people who are offended by the portrayal of anatomical parts which they and their children already posses.

THE PARADOX OF EA!

I fixed the boys with a quick download of a bulge mod. Wish it was as easy to fix the gigantic, bullet-shaped breasts of townies.

It's teatime somewhere.
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 10:15 AM
After reading over the replies, people are getting too serious about this game. Why start talking about teen sex and condom? In all seriousness, EA designed this game thinking we are all senile or mentally retarded when the most evil things I can ever do in the game is "steal popsicle from kid". I found this out last year when I was trying to make a mafia boss who has several lackeys and couple poor folks being kidnapped and locked up in his mansion. But I quickly found out the only evil thing he can do is to steal candy!!!!

Back to topic, I think one thing EA did right was to implement muscle tones with Late Night. It is now so amazing that I don't have to reply on skin tone to hilight muscles. And if you do mean the bulge area, beside the mod from sexysims2 that someone mentioned earlier, that is as close as you can get. But face it, beside being pervy, there is not much else you can get out of a "visible genital". But considering the nature of TS3 gameplay, in which we view from the top and have little chance to view the sim very up close, I think a bulge is not even needed. What more visible is maybe the breasts and cleavage, as far as being pervy goes. Other than that, just size and body build. Now if you are the extreme pervy type who loves to do some "up skirt" camera action ... I think TS3 is really poor in that aspect.

I think it is time EA upgrades the rating. Most of the people I know who play TS3 are not anywhere close to Teen. At least the enthusiasts aren't. Teen do play this game, but I think their interest will wane quite quickly. I have a friend whose younger sisters played TS or TS2. They were around 10-13 years of age, and even when the sims got into a shower with mosaic or the woohoo part raised a huge red flag among the parents and the older sister (my friend). So it is not easy trying to please both the adult and children world. Maybe tailoring this game to the adult only is better, with R rating, we can put in more serious stuff (maybe not explicit sex scene, but there are a lot more stuff we can do beside that). I don't know but I paid nearly $200 on TS3 alone (base game + expansions - stuff pack). I don't think a 13 year old can pay that much.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 5:09 PM Last edited by socherish : 8th Apr 2011 at 8:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
After reading over the replies, people are getting too serious about this game. *Why start talking about teen sex and condom? *In all seriousness, EA designed this game thinking we are all senile or mentally retarded when the most evil things I can ever do in the game is "steal popsicle from kid". *I found this out last year when I was trying to make a mafia boss who has several lackeys and couple poor folks being kidnapped and locked up in his mansion. *But I quickly found out the only evil thing he can do is to steal candy!!!! *

Back to topic, I think one thing EA did right was to implement muscle tones with Late Night. *It is now so amazing that I don't have to reply on skin tone to hilight muscles. *And if you do mean the bulge area, beside the mod from sexysims2 that someone mentioned earlier, that is as close as you can get. *But face it, beside being pervy, there is not much else you can get out of a "visible genital". *But considering the nature of TS3 gameplay, in which we view from the top and have little chance to view the sim wyed TS or TS2. *They were around 10-13 years of age, and even when the sims got into a shower with mosaic or the woohoo part raised a huge red flag among the parents and the older sister (my friend). *So it is not easy trying to please both the adult and children world. *Maybe tailoring this game to the adult only is better, with R rating, we can put in more serious stuff (maybe not explicit sex scene, but there are a lot more stuff we can do beside that). *I don't know but I paid nearly $200 on TS3 alone (base game + expansions - stuff pack). *I don't think a 13 year old can pay that much.

This is just extremely untrue. Teens are one of then main markets for the sims, and to change the rating to R would be for lack of a better term, a completely selfish idea. Adults can modify their game to be more mature anytime they want. They already have a murder mod, a prostitution mod, a "bump mod"... But if the game were rated R, I wouldn't be allowed to buy it. Period. Kids may not have 200$ but they have birthdays and parents and aunts and friends, and trust me, they manage to get games they want. I have all the eps from sims 2 onwards and am considering getting the sims 1 because I don't really care about graphics and it sounds fun. I'm not from a well-off family either. I give up things i want to get the Sims instead. It would be horrible if kids that grew up on the Sims found themselves unable to play it. A rated r rating would mean I would have to wait three years to play the sims again...and thats simply not fair. The issue is not the rating. It's EA. A murder option, a bump, real evil things...these are all things that can be found in many other T rated games. EA could add them to the sims. They choose not to. I wouldn't have been shocked by those things when I was seven.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 5:41 PM
After reading over the replies, people are getting too serious about this game. Why start talking about teen sex and condom? In all seriousness, EA designed this game thinking we are all senile or mentally retarded when the most evil things I can ever do in the game is "steal popsicle from kid". I found this out last year when I was trying to make a mafia boss who has several lackeys and couple poor folks being kidnapped and locked up in his mansion. But I quickly found out the only evil thing he can do is to steal candy!!!!

Back to topic, I think one thing EA did right was to implement muscle tones with Late Night. It is now so amazing that I don't have to reply on skin tone to hilight muscles. And if you do mean the bulge area, beside the mod from sexysims2 that someone mentioned earlier, that is as close as you can get. But face it, beside being pervy, there is not much else you can get out of a "visible genital". But considering the nature of TS3 gameplay, in which we view from the top and have little chance to view the sim very up close, I think a bulge is not even needed. What more visible is maybe the breasts and cleavage, as far as being pervy goes. Other than that, just size and body build. Now if you are the extreme pervy type who loves to do some "up skirt" camera action ... I think TS3 is really poor in that aspect.

I think it is time EA upgrades the rating. Most of the people I know who play TS3 are not anywhere close to Teen. At least the enthusiasts aren't. Teen do play this game, but I think their interest will wane quite quickly. I have a friend whose younger sisters played TS or TS2. They were around 10-13 years of age, and even when the sims got into a shower with mosaic or the woohoo part raised a huge red flag among the parents and the older sister (my friend). So it is not easy trying to please both the adult and children world. Maybe tailoring this game to the adult only is better, with R rating, we can put in more serious stuff (maybe not explicit sex scene, but there are a lot more stuff we can do beside that). I don't know but I paid nearly $200 on TS3 alone (base game + expansions - stuff pack). I don't think a 13 year old can pay that much.

1st off, children shouldn't be playing this game... as it is a teen rating.
Fail parents buy and give thier children games they don't play 1st. My dad used to play games he didn't even like just to make sure they were okie to play in his opinion.
The Sims has ALWAYS had sexual themes, it wouldn't be a life simulation without them.
Do you take a shower with all your clothes on?
I could give a rats ass about explicit sex and naughty bits hanging around. You have seemed to miss the point.

I see you think breasts are okie... you even prolly get a kick giving your female sims large bullet boobs? But a bump in a guy's underoos... turns you into a conservative christian?
Please.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:40 AM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 10th Apr 2011 at 2:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimMagi
1st off, children shouldn't be playing this game... as it is a teen rating.
Fail parents buy and give thier children games they don't play 1st. My dad used to play games he didn't even like just to make sure they were okie to play in his opinion.
The Sims has ALWAYS had sexual themes, it wouldn't be a life simulation without them.
Do you take a shower with all your clothes on?
I could give a rats ass about explicit sex and naughty bits hanging around. You have seemed to miss the point.

I see you think breasts are okie... you even prolly get a kick giving your female sims large bullet boobs? But a bump in a guy's underoos... turns you into a conservative christian?
Please.

Hmmm, when did I object this "bump"? I only said it is not always noticeable comparing to breasts. Honestly you should really read carefully before responding. Simply put: in TS3, and even in RL, breasts are way way more noticeable than bump in the pants. Unless it is at the swimming pool or the beach, I would have to look real hard to find any "bump" in real life, agree? But breast sizes and cleavages are daily occurrences, unless you live/work in an all male environment.

Quote: Originally posted by socherish
This is just extremely untrue. Teens are one of then main markets for the sims, and to change the rating to R would be for lack of a better term, a completely selfish idea. Adults can modify their game to be more mature anytime they want. They already have a murder mod, a prostitution mod, a "bump mod"... But if the game were rated R, I wouldn't be allowed to buy it. Period. Kids may not have 200$ but they have birthdays and parents and aunts and friends, and trust me, they manage to get games they want. I have all the eps from sims 2 onwards and am considering getting the sims 1 because I don't really care about graphics and it sounds fun. I'm not from a well-off family either. I give up things i want to get the Sims instead. It would be horrible if kids that grew up on the Sims found themselves unable to play it. A rated r rating would mean I would have to wait three years to play the sims again...and thats simply not fair. The issue is not the rating. It's EA. A murder option, a bump, real evil things...these are all things that can be found in many other T rated games. EA could add them to the sims. They choose not to. I wouldn't have been shocked by those things when I was seven.

I see where you are coming from. I didn't mean to alienate teenage players by any mean, my apology. It was merely my personal opinions without solid marketing data to back up. In these harsh economic time, adults like me also have to pick and choose what they can afford to buy as well. The rating and game content can be rather politicized. If you say you wouldn't have been shocked at 7 year of age if sims were to have more explicit sexual parts, more glory actions like killing, or .... let's not even mention prostitution. It doesn't matter if you are shocked or not, it matters a whole lot more of what EA (or Maxis at the time) public relation may be and marketing power can lead to more $$$. And there are more than enough laws to protect consumers that they can just turn around and sue any business for any reason, no matter how ridiculous it is. A lot of small time software developers on iPhone got sued left and right because they didn't handle the laws well (I often get some kind of lawsuit settlement emails about some free app). Yep, people will sue you because of your free apps you made for them, imagine that.

Well, part of me wish it TS3 has higher rating so EA can input more mature content. I don't mean sex related, but a little more life-like interactions like robbing, kidnapping, killing, etc.. that makes game play a little more life like. Speaking of which, Disney's movie "Race to Witch Mountain" actually had all those kidnapping, killing attempt, and generic violence where as the closest TS3 comes to is stealing kid's candy and that fighting scene (clouded, with a lot of stars). Another part of me do hope pre-18 years old kids can get their hands on Sims if they choose to.

But get this, whenever I go to Gamestop for Sims related purchase, I have a little fear of people laughing at me for buying "such a game". If not knowing better, Sims does look like a barbie play house type of game. Thus I always behave like little boys making off with Playboy magazines. In fact, I caught a few other grown up (in their 30s) in Game Stop or Best buy doing the same thing. They strolled in casually, kept their eyes looking straight, walked by Sims shelf, quickly grabbed a copy with a quick glance, walked off quickly straight to the register. This older man even acted like he was trying to buy a naughty magazine from a female clerk. It's not too obvious, but you definitely see it if you pay attention. Not sure if it has anything to do with Northern California. I thought people here are more open minded.

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:48 AM
Hmmm, when did I object this "bump"? I only said it is not always noticeable comparing to breasts. Honestly you should really read carefully before responding. Simply put: in TS3, and even in RL, breasts are way way more noticeable than bump in the pants. Unless it is at the swimming pool or the beach, I would have to look real hard to find any "bump" in real life, agree? But breast sizes and cleavages are daily occurrences, unless you live/work in an all male environment.

But while breasts are more noticeable, the absence of a bump at all is just as noticeable. A man with no "bump" at all like the sims would get curious looks. It's just the fact that you expect something to be there...and when there isn't even a suggestion of it, it can be a little creepy.
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by socherish
But while breasts are more noticeable, the absence of a bump at all is just as noticeable. A man with no "bump" at all like the sims would get curious looks. It's just the fact that you expect something to be there...and when there isn't even a suggestion of it, it can be a little creepy.

Silly thing! Well in TS3, I first got the bump from Sexysims2.com. I got it, and then I had to zoom in real hard to make sure it is there. In fact, the bump only appears on a few swimwear/underwear clothing mesh, so to be honest, your sims don't even have any bump in daily clothings.

Women have high consciousness in regard to their figures, wonder why wonder bra sells so well? Some women even think it is unfair for men to be able to hide their asset while for women, their assets are on display (at least the size of those). Women (especially with less endowment) are constantly fearful that they are being judged by their (lack of) assets, especially in the dating scene. Is my butt too big? Is my bust too small?

But then, let's not get carried too far away from the content of TS3.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 7:15 AM
Here is something to try. Make a female sim and put her in some jeans. Take a good look.
Now make a male sim and put him in some jeans, yea... you can tell they are male sims. They made sure they were not flat there. Some have a boxer underwear look, while some look like they wear tighty whities.
Now when you switch to underwear/swimsuit... they are just as flat... if not more flat, than a female sim in the crotch.

As a gay male, I don't what the big deal is about boobs... are they so noticable that your eyes go right for them everytime? XD

Sorry for blasting ya before, I can be a little hot-headed (bad day at work >< ). I apologize.
Alchemist
#63 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
pee is coming out of your vagina and not your clitoris

Oh, I can't stop! This has officially made my day!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Creeper
Oh, I can't stop! This has officially made my day!

LMFAO

Abracadabra! <-- is the spelling correct? :O
Forum Resident
#65 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 7:11 PM
If pee is coming out of your vagina and not your clitoris you should probably go to the doctor lol

LMAO!!

The penis is also used for peeing, but thats about it. Not for eating. Not for golfing. Not for assistance when climbing down ladders. It doesn't do your taxes for you nor can it help you tie your shoes. Sometimes it can be used for shooting out ping pong balls, but thats something even some adults cant handle to see.

Well actually, my penis saved me from three severe ladder accidents. I owe it my life.

Lol, penis' eating OMNOMNOMNOM!!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Forum Resident
#66 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:05 PM
*runs out of hiding* Stop quoting me!! *runs back into hiding*

In all seriousness, this thread was quite interesting. I found out where girls pee from and that most women dont want a guy with personality or great sense of humor. They want a guy with a bulge! Where ya bulge at?!
Alchemist
#67 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:27 PM

In all seriousness, this thread was quite interesting. I found out where girls pee from and that most women dont want a guy with personality or great sense of humor. They want a guy with a bulge! Where ya bulge at?!

Oh, I'm happy anyways, so practically everything makes me laugh! Except Justin Bieber. And yes, the bulge is like life. You don't have it, you're dead for the women.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Mad Poster
#68 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Last night when I was taking pictures of full-body tattoos for an upload, I put the dude standing there naked (without the mosaic), and dear god, the fact that it was just... flat down there AND the custom skin had hair too down there... it looked like a vagina. So yyyyeah...

I had a moment like that with Hannibal Lector in TS2, it was horrible.

The bugle scares EA, that's for sure. Mostly they fear that the moment they add pixels down there, mothers around the globe will go crazy. But at least EA tried a bit this time, I have been looking at some of the male underwear, and even thou they don't physically have a bulge, the underwear are shaded so that it gives an illusion of a bulge when looking at it from the front.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:11 PM

No, we want a guy with personality and great sense of humor. And bulge. :D

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Guysim1993 : 10th Apr 2011 at 9:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
The bugle scares EA.

Damn you bugle, stop scaring EA would ya?!

^^^ Yes that is a bugle.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMagi
Here is something to try. Make a female sim and put her in some jeans. Take a good look.
Now make a male sim and put him in some jeans, yea... you can tell they are male sims. They made sure they were not flat there. Some have a boxer underwear look, while some look like they wear tighty whities.
Now when you switch to underwear/swimsuit... they are just as flat... if not more flat, than a female sim in the crotch.

As a gay male, I don't what the big deal is about boobs... are they so noticable that your eyes go right for them everytime? XD

Sorry for blasting ya before, I can be a little hot-headed (bad day at work >< ). I apologize.

Oh wait, I think you are still taking this the wrong way.

First, I am a straight female. I have a boyfriend (who also plays TS3) and I have a small collection of sims, uh, ....friends (straight males, females, 1 bi-female, and about 3 gay males). So as you can see, I am not religiously against homosexual in any way.

I do have ... them and I am not worshiping them like most young men do, making them huge and all in TS3. I work in a small company but it is in the middle of a metropolitan, everywhere I go it is filled up with people (I think this is why I like Bridgeport because it reminds me of my daily life). Getting straight to the point: You are partially right, not all people find breasts fascinating. But it does not mean it is not noticeable at all. I have met a woman who had 1 breast removed (or a lot of tissue removed) due to breast cancer, poor girl she is still in her 40. When she was not wearing her fake breast, you can spot her miles away with .... only 1 lump. It is a sight of horror to see 1 side flat and the other maybe with a C or D cup.

A lot of things we don't pay too much attention about maybe because we don't care. But it does not mean they are not noticeable. What if you make all your female sims super flat through breast sliders, doesn't it strike you at odd from miles away? Bottom line, I can only say it is a lot harder to play TS3 with "all flat" female sims and than without the "bump" mod for male's underwear/swimwear.

Something irrelevant: I spent some time in NY before 9/11. The twin towers were just another "rich people's stuff" to me. I visited it a couple times, nothing particularly noticeable. But when I came back to NY after 9/11, beside all the talk aside, the missing of twin towers became a sore eye to me. Like whenever I look at that direction, I felt like "something is missing". Unlike what most ppl think, New Yorkers didn't discuss much about the event, maybe because they just don't want to talk about sad memories while trying to get on with their life. If you were a newcomer, you would think it was just a big construction site at ground zero and nobody would volunteer to tell otherwise.

Mad Poster
#72 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Guysim1993

^^^ Yes that is a bugle.

:D
The day we get a spell-check in firefox that would also check for what I want to say, not just how I type it, I'll be a happy woman.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
:D
The day we get a spell-check in firefox that would also check for what I want to say, not just how I type it, I'll be a happy woman.

Doesn't this forum have spell check built in, or is it Google Chrome that I am using? Oh in that case, yay for Google Chrome.

Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 3:42 PM
I just reply to stuff while I spend my night building stuff.

Field Researcher
#75 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guysim1993
^^^ Yes that is a bugle.

What about....

VUVUZELA?!

Yes that is a bugle stretched out.
Page 3 of 4