Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Metal sims skins - update 9/10/12

by CmarNYC Posted 2nd May 2011 at 5:09 AM - Updated 14th Sep 2012 at 1:34 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd May 2011 at 6:01 AM
Hey does this work with offspring?

Experience a truly beautiful and unigue neighbourhoood http://gatescove.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:25 AM
These are so cool.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rileyjcquinn
Hey does this work with offspring?

Yes, they inherit the same way as any other skin.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:12 PM
Greeat idea! I love it!!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:20 PM
These look very interesting. I don't really need them for anything but I think they will be fun to play with. Thanx.

Just to be clear these are not defaults are they?

There you go, and Wherever you go, There you are.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imdvine
These look very interesting. I don't really need them for anything but I think they will be fun to play with. Thanx.

Just to be clear these are not defaults are they?

No, they're not.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:17 PM
Finally the long waited upload. I checked the Download section a whole lot just for this for many days. Can't wait to try it in game and dissect the file to see how I failed miserably while doing mine.

Is this the very max setting for shine/reflective you can get?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:34 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 3rd May 2011 at 2:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Finally the long waited upload. I checked the Download section a whole lot just for this for many days. Can't wait to try it in game and dissect the file to see how I failed miserably while doing mine.

Is this the very max setting for shine/reflective you can get?

LOL, I was waiting very anxiously too - took 5 days for the mods to get to it, and then they requested a change which took another day for me and then 2 days to wend through the queue again. I'm SO happy to see it finally up.

Yes, this are the max reflectivity settings, but there's more you can do with them - you can boost the shine in only one or two colors (out of red, green, blue) and as I mentioned in PM you can change the focus of the shine. I do intend to make an update to Skininator to make that easier, after a couple of other projects are done. Never enough time!

The pic below shows the location of the flags in the skin .TONE file if you're interested. The numbers circled in red are the shine adjustors - increase those to FF for maximum shine. There are five groups, which adjust the shine for five areas of the skin color ramp - lightest, light, medium, dark, darkest. In each group the three numbers adjust red, green, and blue. (I forget whether it's RGB or BGR.) The fourth may be alpha - I don't remember if I tried messing with that. You can edit those in Skininator now with the TONE editor. The numbers circled in blue are the shine 'focus' adjustors - that's one float number per group. The default is 4.0 (00 00 80 40) and the higher the number the more of a wet shine the effect is; the lower the number the more diffuse it is. (For example, '00 00 00 40' = 2.0, '00 00 00 41' = 8.0, '00 00 80 41' = 16.0)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd May 2011 at 5:25 PM
Great looking! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd May 2011 at 7:19 PM
Perfect for aliens! Woo!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th May 2011 at 6:59 AM
These are beautiful! But the mod for non-default skintones dont seems to be anywhere? :<
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th May 2011 at 11:06 AM
You just made me so excited. <3 I made up a fictional race of shiny metallic people forever ago and now! Now I can have some in my game. Yaaay. Thanks so much for these.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2011 at 12:16 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 4th May 2011 at 12:34 PM.
@Sidney1993Player: The original mod for an expanded skintone panel is not compatible with the last couple of game patches. A new, compatible version by Anach is available on MATY: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=17647.0 (Look for Anach_CASSkins6x4_1.17.package) and I have one here on MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434270 (Look for cmar_SkinTonePanel.package in cmar_XCAS_extras.zip) - which I've just added to the downloads for this mod.

@midnightsfall: Glad these are helpful! A whole race of metal people sounds good to me!

@everyone: Thanks for the nice comments!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th May 2011 at 1:34 AM
These skins look awesome! I've been wanting to do a Xanth household for a while now and now with these skins, I can finally make a Blythe Brassie sim! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th May 2011 at 4:25 AM
Wow everyone is going galattic, first I see a really cool star trek space ship and now these skins. I want to use both, but is there a world out there like the moon base world which I can't seem to find, that will tie all these great creations together? I would love to play a theme world!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th May 2011 at 9:59 PM
These are awesome! And thanks for adding the skin tone panel, too. I haven't been able to use the good tones I got here since the old slider panel proved incompatible with the multi-patches since. Wonderful work - thank you for sharing these.
As rockopeaches says, now we Xanth fans can make brassies! Yay!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:53 AM
This will be a great addition to my modded simbots ie simbots that look like a regular sim, looking forward to similar mods to this one!
Scholar
#19 Old 25th May 2011 at 5:36 PM
It's not shiny in my game, only in CAS
Is it because I play with low quality? Because I would think there would be some shininess still
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th May 2011 at 2:01 AM
Yes, setting Sim Detail to low seems to remove the shine. If you can play at a Medium setting the shine should show up. Sorry!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:27 AM
Are these compatiable with generations? I know Fawkes skintones aren't compatiable
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puddloveswwe
Are these compatiable with generations? I know Fawkes skintones aren't compatiable

Yes, they're fully compatible. BTW, Fawkes skintones still work but will disable the new(ish) muscle definition slider.
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:03 PM
Yay! Thanks.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 9:10 PM
I like the new colors, but the expanded skin panel is what I like most!

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 2:07 PM
Nice, thank you
Page 1 of 4