Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2011 at 6:38 PM
Default Ungrateful Sims Who Hate Your Renovations
Well .. I was pissed! Zelda *Slapper* Mae or whatever her name is really, really hating a totally diviiiiiiiiiiine dahling renovation done by my Interior Designer sim .. Everyone else loves her work - everyone loves her, including Thornton Wolff, Gunther Goth and every guy with a pulse in Sunset Valley . . Anywho .. Zelda *omg my roots are showing* Mae made her redo it until she was happy, in fact she's still not happy but screw it. So it was time for revenge .. lets just say, never piss off a designer with the necessary inventing level to detonate your *entire* kitchen! Suffice to say, Zelda suits her new complexion, white with a hint of scorch ...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th May 2011 at 6:54 PM
LOL, you destroyed her kitchen? I should do that too, it's annoying how picky those clients can be :D

But in what career level is your sim? I only started having really happy clients, who liked the renovation and gave me bonuses, by the time I reached level 10, and measuring the space and knowing the client's traits (which give some extremely helpful tips to please your clients). I think you should wait until you get there to start working hard and making really nice works.

I know how frustrating this can be. You may spend HOURS doing a renovation, and then the client says he can't reach his stuff (even though you did not use moveobjects on to make crazy layouts) and hates everything and you don't even get a chance to add that to your portfolio
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2011 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
LOL, you destroyed her kitchen? I should do that too, it's annoying how picky those clients can be :D

But in what career level is your sim? I only started having really happy clients, who liked the renovation and gave me bonuses, by the time I reached level 10, and measuring the space and knowing the client's traits (which give some extremely helpful tips to please your clients). I think you should wait until you get there to start working hard and making really nice works.

I know how frustrating this can be. You may spend HOURS doing a renovation, and then the client says he can't reach his stuff (even though you did not use moveobjects on to make crazy layouts) and hates everything and you don't even get a chance to add that to your portfolio

Yes, destroyed kitchen .. *ashamed face*

It's really strange but my interior designer sim is at the top of her profession - I sincerely believe it was a personal grudge and that the client hated my sim, because every time she told her she hated it, she'd start to do an nasty laugh!

*sob*!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th May 2011 at 12:45 AM
Once, when someone asked for a new bathroom, I put moveobjects on and put a toilet and a bathtub in their front yard. They didn't care.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2011 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jen&tonic
Once, when someone asked for a new bathroom, I put moveobjects on and put a toilet and a bathtub in their front yard. They didn't care.

Good tip! I'll try that if Zelda Mae ever needs a new bathroom
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th May 2011 at 1:41 PM
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th May 2011 at 3:48 PM
So I moved this one household out for my new family to move into Twinbrook. The lot that I moved them onto had nothing on it.
Then I made a renovator sim about a few weeks later. I forgot about the empty lot owners and was called to do a renovation on that lot. At first I was like, 'how hard can this be?'
Little did I know that the money was very little and I had to make them a small box like house. After going through the money like water...the guy said that he needed enough to live on! I had everything that he needed even made the place look rather nice for it's small space. He still had I htink $50 left over...
Two frustrating days later, I had my sims housmate Patti go over at 7 a.m with a gun(a mod from here, forget the creator) and kill the whole family.
No more problems and the first time I ever used tht mod. No more crappy customer!

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Well .. I was pissed! Zelda *Slapper* Mae or whatever her name is really, really hating a totally diviiiiiiiiiiine dahling renovation done by my Interior Designer sim .. Everyone else loves her work - everyone loves her, including Thornton Wolff, Gunther Goth and every guy with a pulse in Sunset Valley . . Anywho .. Zelda *omg my roots are showing* Mae made her redo it until she was happy, in fact she's still not happy but screw it. So it was time for revenge .. lets just say, never piss off a designer with the necessary inventing level to detonate your *entire* kitchen! Suffice to say, Zelda suits her new complexion, white with a hint of scorch ...

i know dat guy, she lives with the Langeraks, i once renoved her bathroom, i put movebjects on and put the toilet, the shower, and the sink into each other, and she really didn't care, it's also funny that she requests you to renove the house she is not even owning what will Dustin say if he comes home?
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 7:57 PM
I was wondering about this... I made a perfectly nice laundry room for some Sim, pictured below, and he despised it. I went above and beyond to give him something comfortable and nicely decorated. He despised the job I did.

The first reno my Sim did was the same - client hated it... but I didn't really know what I was doing, I just tossed some sculptures around his pool. But he was such a jerk, I sent my klepo burglar Sim over that night and pinched the sculptures & sold them. Hah! I was thinking about making the architect (who is the burglar's brother in law) a knowing accomplice. He sticks some high priced items out in the open with each job and then it goes mysteriously missing the next night.

Anyway, here's the laundry room with my architect Sim standing wondering if there's a point in being alive anymore, after getting reamed about his work. Is is really THAT bad?

Inventor
#10 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I was wondering about this... I made a perfectly nice laundry room for some Sim, pictured below, and he despised it. I went above and beyond to give him something comfortable and nicely decorated. He despised the job I did.

The first reno my Sim did was the same - client hated it... but I didn't really know what I was doing, I just tossed some sculptures around his pool. But he was such a jerk, I sent my klepo burglar Sim over that night and pinched the sculptures & sold them. Hah! I was thinking about making the architect (who is the burglar's brother in law) a knowing accomplice. He sticks some high priced items out in the open with each job and then it goes mysteriously missing the next night.

Anyway, here's the laundry room with my architect Sim standing wondering if there's a point in being alive anymore, after getting reamed about his work. Is is really THAT bad?

I've had sims hate decorating that was not in their favorite color. If you know the sim well enough, you find out their favorite color, and can then use it. If their favorite color is used a lot, then they love the results. It's not about quality of work, it's about making it something specifically appealing for the client.
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
I've had sims hate decorating that was not in their favorite color. If you know the sim well enough, you find out their favorite color, and can then use it. If their favorite color is used a lot, then they love the results. It's not about quality of work, it's about making it something specifically appealing for the client.

Wait, so if a client is really hankering for say, red objects, do we have to paint everything with exactly a particular red shade or just any other shades of red will do? I can't imagine a whole room being the same colour. *squeams*

Inexperienced Sims making baked alaskas = Molotov cocktails.
Alchemist
#12 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honshu Wolf
Wait, so if a client is really hankering for say, red objects, do we have to paint everything with exactly a particular red shade or just any other shades of red will do? I can't imagine a whole room being the same colour. *squeams*

I didn't even know Sims were "aware" of colour.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz

Question on the room itself.. Was this an existing room that you remodeled or one you added to the house?
Alchemist
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
Question on the room itself.. Was this an existing room that you remodeled or one you added to the house?

I added it on.

Dragging this thread out of its 16-day silence to say: I took on another laundry room job today, questioned my client on his particulars and saw pink was his colour of favour. I added on a laundry room, went considerably over budget, and gave him a pink washer and dryer, pink counter, and a picture with a pink frame. It looked awful, but guess what? He was happy. My job experience isn't that great, so I was surprised and impressed that colouring items actually seemed to have an effect.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:50 PM
It doesn't. Sims have no ability to perceive color whatsoever. By default, they also don't understand quality, and so when you do a good job, they won't appreciate it, which is why you get lousy scores even if you do a good job.

However, here are the criteria that they use:
1. They don't like it if any doors are blocked or if any non-decorative object (windows, rugs, lights, sculptures) is blocked, including in ways in which you'd ordinarily not care, perhaps because you never use it that way, or even intentionally block it that way so that it can't be used that way.
2. They like decorative objects in general: Plants, arts, etc. See below...
3. They don't like objects which conflict with their traits.

Additionally, if you have AwesomeMod with ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES on:
1. They like it when you choose quality items that matter and generally do good work in a manner that I would approve of. It pleases Snobby and Perfectionist sims, and generally gives you a better score if you actually did a mostly-serious job at real building.
2. ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES! Never offer a Kewian-based object. This greatly displeases all non-Kewians, especially Frugal sims, and the above.
3. Having AwesomeMod present will affect what requirements are actually in there: They won't demand stuff that they already have the best of the best in, leaving you confused as to how to actually improve that (you can't). Basically, AwesomeMod will tend to skew your scoring towards actually doing good work, instead of some rather baffling, incomprehensible demands that often run counter to what makes sense.

Of course, in your case, it's possible you gave a sim that Can't Stand Art...art. Giving art is dangerous like that, especially since without Accurate Info, the scores for catalogue items are basically total bullshit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 4:59 PM
I had my architect sim create a bunch of paintings to use as decoration and the client would always comment on it, saying the hand-crafted items are a nice touch (not a good idea if the client can't stand art). If you have the items in your sim's inventory before starting a job, you're able to access them via the Family Inventory when you're decorating the place.

Something I found out by accident is that if a painting created by my sim is placed on the client's wall but then put back in the family inventory, the value of the painting is added to the budget as though it's been sold. If the same painting is then placed back on the wall, it won't take that money back out of the budget.

There's also a helpful list of objects to try to include based on traits here (third post).
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
It doesn't. Sims have no ability to perceive color whatsoever. By default, they also don't understand quality, and so when you do a good job, they won't appreciate it, which is why you get lousy scores even if you do a good job.

I thought sims 3 have a favorite color, food and music selection? At least the console version has it. I notice for example, when they dance to the stereo, they automatically switch the channel to the one they like. It would make sense that they'd approve of the interior work if their favorite color is chosen.
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 7:07 AM
Yeah, we had this discussion in a thread about assigning beds by favorite color. I had a family in which I made all the beds the fave colors of the sims I wanted to sleep in them, and the sims went to the right beds.

But later trials showed that it was totally random, as much as I wish that sims could SEE color, I have to say I think Pescado is right.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 7:21 AM
According to this:http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Favorite Sims do appreciate their favourite colour, (I'm assuming in the form of a moodlet?) but it has to be the exact shade, (ie hex code).

Not sure if it's true though, haven't tested it myself.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Alchemist
#20 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:41 PM
Well, I cannot explain why that pink-loving Sim approved of his pink room, when the other Sims I renovated for without regard to their favourite colour asked me if I was effectively trying to piss them off with what I came up with.
#21 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 7:08 PM
I say kick those ungrateful biatches to the curb and let them decorate their own piece of cardboard box.
Scholar
#22 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 5:49 PM
I don't undestand the Kewian based object ban in AM. I am using AM and it looks like all of the furniture in my catalog is Kewian based. Does this mean that I am only to use CC? I have no CC. Should I just turn off the Kewian option in AM?
Instructor
#23 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 11:24 AM
Nah, it just means the cheaper objects are just that - cheap.
Expensive-er products aren't Kewian based.
Scholar
#24 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 2:55 PM
Thanks for that. It was one of those things that confused me and shouldn't have after thinking about it for 30 seconds. I think I get lousy reviews from my designing because I'm lazy and suck at it. I was hoping to blame Pescado.
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 8:23 AM
i know this is completely unrelated, but Zelda Mae looks like a scary witch whenever she ages to elder. I never play the Langeraks because of the littlest one was a litle hoochie in the sims 2 but if i have to design her home i just switch households or something so i wont have to... its such a heavy household after all...
Page 1 of 2