Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis-match Recolors for OFB International Doors and Windows

by wthrwthoutyu Posted 18th May 2011 at 11:51 PM - Updated 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:18 AM by wthrwthoutyu

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:50 AM
These look really nice. You should change your preview picture to the one with the decks--that pic really shows them off to their best advantage, I think--thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:50 AM
Thank you for the recolors. I was soooo hoping someone would do this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th May 2011 at 2:36 AM
This is so helpfull i hate those horrible maxis colours D:, this looks more realistic, thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th May 2011 at 4:00 AM
Hmm. I only have red in this kind of door/window, but this is great! Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th May 2011 at 6:07 AM
You're all very welcome!

@DigitalSympathies: That seems very strange. I wonder where the other colors went in your game.

@Honeywell: I'm afraid I'd have to add a whole new pic - the deck shot and the stucco-house-bench pic are one image. I'm thinking about it though, thanks for the input!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th May 2011 at 2:29 PM
These are wonderful! It's good to see more recolors of these windows b/c I use them all the time. Thank you so much. :D
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th May 2011 at 6:48 PM
Well, it's about time someone de-uglied these! Thanks so much for taking it off my to-do list. The colors you chose are lovely.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th May 2011 at 6:49 PM
I've always wanted (and searched to no avail) for re-colors of these. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st May 2011 at 1:31 AM
So needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st May 2011 at 4:51 PM
These are great! I love the shape & I use the white all the time, but I never seem to have a need for those loud clown colors.

@DigitalSympathies: You need to update CEP to get the aforementioned clown colors. I think it was AL that screwed up the OFB windows/doors.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th May 2011 at 6:28 AM
omg, these are perfect, i was making a lake side house the other day, and just thinking how great it would be if these came in wooden tones, thanks for an amazing creation.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th May 2011 at 8:06 PM
Wow, wooden recolors! I never used these doors/windows before, way too tacky. Now you added some style and versatility to them, and I'll use your recolored versions a lot. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th May 2011 at 6:01 PM
What a SMART idea! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th May 2011 at 8:20 PM
Great idea ty sooo much =D
One prob though, downloaded these but only the recolors for the doors show up in my game =S
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th May 2011 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by irisvanpolen
Great idea ty sooo much =D
One prob though, downloaded these but only the recolors for the doors show up in my game =S

As I have recently learned (I didn't know this before), Apartment Life messed up the original Maxis colors for this set, which broke recolors. Please update your CEP to the latest version; it contains a fix for the set.

If that doesn't work, please try downloading my recolors again; your download may have been corrupted.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:23 AM
These are great - and much more useful now. Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th May 2013 at 9:10 PM Last edited by Cloud_Strife : 20th May 2013 at 9:17 PM. Reason: I need a Green & a Purple recolor of both doors! Thanks!
I need a recolor of the single and double door version in Green and Purple, could you do that please!
Could you do one Green and one Purple recolor of these exact doors? I'd appreciate it a whole lot!

My Sincerest Gratitude,
Cloud_Strife
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:23 AM
Thanks for sharing I hoped so much that somebody recoloured this great doors and windows. )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 8:59 PM
A Godsend! Thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:58 PM
Thank you so much! I used these windows all the time until they only came in red . . .
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 3:05 AM Last edited by LadyGray01 : 11th Dec 2016 at 3:32 AM.
Thanks for your work on these. I wish I could use them. For some reason they don't show up in my game. CEP is properly updated, and all the other Maxis colors show up fine, it's just your recolors that don't.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 11:59 AM
It's nice to have more variety with these. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 10:30 PM
These are great recolors! Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2023 at 1:42 AM
Thank you!