Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:30 PM
Is there a way to get the patch without going through the launcher? Mine also thinks everything is up to date. *facepalm*
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:34 PM
Twallan said the patch here http://www.simprograms.com/30535/th...me-update-1-22/ is working. I'm downloading it now.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:38 PM
^^^^^
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't understand what's going on in that link at all. So if I download the cumulative patch, that'll be sufficient for Generations to install?

I think this part is throwing me off:

World Adventures Updates:

Link has yet to be found, will add once it is available
Ambitions Updates:

Late Night Updates:

Generations Updates:

High End Loft Stuff Updates:

Fast Lane Stuff Updates:

Outdoor Living Stuff Updates:

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:43 PM
Yes, download the cumulative patch and run it. Then run the Generations installation after that.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saeda
Twallan said the patch here http://www.simprograms.com/30535/th...me-update-1-22/ is working. I'm downloading it now.

Noooooo! Stoooooppp! Unless you want to reinstall your whole game, step AWAY from that patch!! No, not really. But this patch is kinda dodgy.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:45 PM
If you're an idiot then so am I. I don't understand either.
I have all the expansion packs... not generations yet though... so do I patch? Do I wait until my copy of Generations arrives? (I hate having to wait... why is the UK days later?)
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:45 PM
Digital downloaders don't really have too much choice. Either install the Patch or wait until EA provides a new one.

One can't install the Pack without updating the base-game first.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:47 PM
This is the last time I ever buy a direct download. What a hassle.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:50 PM
Wow. Such a fuss for everyone and EA doesn't even officially provide the link for download on the day Generations is released!

Maybe when I get my generations shipped all of this will be sorted out. I guess I should update my game now so I just have to install generations.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:08 PM
Generations isn't released until June 2nd in UK so hopefully EA will have got their bums in gear by then. (Though I won't get my hopes up.) I'm going to patch when my copy actually physically arrives.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:11 PM
Has anyone yet worked out how to get the cheat to show up so you can edit your sims in CAS?
Field Researcher
#37 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:12 PM
honestly, i've been playing for about an hour and it does feel empty. all these things in this ep could have been put in with other ep's. there is nothing really that stands out as FABULOUS! don't get me wrong, i am enjoying it, but it's a bit of a let-down.
Scholar
#38 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:22 PM
Well, I played with mods and the game went really funny. No interactions between sims, and when I went to map mode, it weren't really the map, but a new fun camera mode, but with the tags and such. So, I removed the mods and left the CC, then my game ran slow as hell, I really don't know why, since objects and such things don't really need to be updated in EPs.

I played for an hour or so with an vanilla game but that's really boring. The new stuff is cool but there's like, five minutes untill you discover all of it? Really lame, EA. If I can't get my CC to work properly in Generations, I'll just uninstall it, since most of the EP is in the new patch. That's also a boomer.

Fun things about Generations:

- Video Cameras are cool, you can actually walk though the whole city while making the video (but you can't leave a lot, so you have to start the video in an street or field);
- Even if a rabbit hole in some kind, Tree Houses are nice with all the effects and it's cut to watch kids play there.
- I didn't even noticed that there's horses and spaceships to ride untill I placed the new playground. It gave me an nice feeling back from Sims Unleashed!
- Pillow fights and Bunk Beds are cool.
- Memories are one of the coolest things of the EP, for me.

Not so cool things about Generations:

- Sandbox is boring.
- The water slider thingie is really boring.
Test Subject
#39 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:23 PM
I got It yesterday and had just little time to chek out new CAS stuff and furniture...

+ There are plenty of new clothes for adults, teens and kids
+ Most of the clothes are quite good and nicely detailed
+ There are new hairstyles also for kids
+ New furnitures are lovely, I love the themes in kids rooms and little decorative stuff

- There are just few new outifts for toddlers and nothing for elders wtf...this was generations expansion!
- No new building stuff like trees, fences, doors, windows, flowers....
- There is no new crib, potty or highchair...
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:29 PM
Forgive a poor Brit for being slow but basically all the game play modification that Generations brings is actually in the patch?
So Generations is an over priced Stuff pack then with clothes and objects?
Alchemist
#41 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Digital downloaders don't really have too much choice. Either install the Patch or wait until EA provides a new one.

One can't install the Pack without updating the base-game first.

Does that mean if I buy the boxed game and try to install on my computer without internet access, I can't install it at all?
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cevanna
Forgive a poor Brit for being slow but basically all the game play modification that Generations brings is actually in the patch?
So Generations is an over priced Stuff pack then with clothes and objects?

It feels a little more like Stuff pack yes, because it has no new neighborhood and no new communitylots i guess. I have not had really time actually play it but so far Im little confused how I feel about it...it´s something between stuff pack and expansion....
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simittaret
It feels a little more like Stuff pack yes, because it has no new neighborhood and no new communitylots i guess. I have not had really time actually play it but so far Im little confused how I feel about it...it´s something between stuff pack and expansion....

Sort of regretting ordering it now from what everyone has said. I hardly ever buy the stuff packs because I usually think "What's the point?" You can get nicer clothes, hair etc from this site.
I think the only stuff packs I ever had were Teen Stuff and H&M sor TS2 and me and my sister shared them between us.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:44 PM
There is SOME game glayplay, but you have to play through some generations to get to it. Not really worth the hassle.

Like Graduations: I expected it to be when you finish Normal High School. Oh no! It's for Boarding School only. -_-

Wedding, while nice that guests sit down, we've already had weddings. The arches are Cute and All, but there's no decorative version of it, which means where there's and arch there's a wedding. And the cake, well it's cute and for weddings. But you need a spouse to use it. Now, I wish we could have a culinary profession and make cakes and stuff. -_-

Well, after all of that, there is no game play, unless I'm missing something. There are also nice little interactions and small things to do, but all of it is just small things.And there aren't even a trillion small things in the pack. Just enough to be called an Expansion Pack, and it can barely be called that.

At least the furniture is nice. I just wish that chair with the pillows had a couch to match it, and the themes were complete. (Like the sports set, or the nautical set, or the old furniture set, or that lonely window, etc.)

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#45 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:50 PM
+ Kids stuff. I love them! My kid went straight away to play in the sand box and he seemed to have fun.
+++ The ability to edit each agegroup in-game. Now you're talking!
- Memories. I mean... they get a memory even when they change outfits! Why oh why memories in S3 couldn't be like in S2...

I'll need to test more to see other things.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim
This is the last time I ever buy a direct download. What a hassle.

I've bought every sim expansion as a direct download and this is the first time I've had a problem, and it's the same problem you're having.

I'm just gonna download that patch linked in an earlier post and hope for the best.

and if it screws shit up, well, I wouldn't care too terribly if I had to reinstall everything.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:59 PM
twallan, I installed the patch you linked to... game is loading now and hopefully all goes well. Thanks for the suggestion -- if it weren't coming from you, I wouldn't feel like it's safe to download.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:59 PM
^ Memories and custom lifespans are available in the patch. Just saying.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:15 PM
A memory when they change outfits? Oy vey!
Test Subject
#50 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:22 PM Last edited by shinyknightinarmor : 31st May 2011 at 10:02 PM.
A few observations from playing Generations so far:

1. When my Sim got a memory of teaching his daughter to walk, the picture was that of his teenage son who was asleep in bed at the time.
2. Both parents got the memory. The mother's picture was her sleeping in bed.
3. Sims can WooHoo/TFB in the shower and the treehouse now. Who knows where else.
4. When Sims WooHoo in the shower. they both get in naked, and stand inside each other. Once you finish snickering at that, what I meant was they are standing in the same place at the front of the shower, violating the laws of physics. And probably a few places in the Bible belt.
5. I noticed the above since the Late night blur removal still seems to be working... along with the NRaas script that removes vehicles and such.

Edit:
6. The bug where Sims doing romantic interactions not getting past flirty us still there. First run through they got to Alluring, then back to okay. :/
7. The maid will still stop and stand still until the end of her shift if there's nothing left for her to do.
8. One of my adults got an opportunity for a Free Vacation - I chose to accept it, thinking it would involve Travelling (WA), but no, both adults dropped what they were doing and left, becoming unselectable, leaving their teenage son and toddler daughter along.

Found a big issue with Overwatch - Overwatch "Recovered" the two "missing" adults and brought them back... aging the woman to an elder, and the man looked like an elder in his menus. About this time I exited without saving, needless to say.

More later as events warrant - I'd love to see the patch notes for the two patches it installed - one for the base game, and one after Generations was installed.
Page 2 of 14