Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The other one
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:18 AM
Have just seen this thread about planned downtime for the whole site starting the day the application round is supposed to end and the second round start.

I think what I'll do is if we get the minimum number of contestants by the 24th I'll post the next round early (prob on the 23rd) so you can scribble down the requirements and work on it during the downtime if you like but you'll just have to wait longer for the judges results. If we don't get the minimum number of contestants then the application round will just stay open.

If anyone has any better ideas please feel free to let me know

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Have just seen this thread about planned downtime for the whole site starting the day the application round is supposed to end and the second round start.

I think what I'll do is if we get the minimum number of contestants by the 24th I'll post the next round early (prob on the 23rd) so you can scribble down the requirements and work on it during the downtime if you like but you'll just have to wait longer for the judges results. If we don't get the minimum number of contestants then the application round will just stay open.

If anyone has any better ideas please feel free to let me know

I'm pretty sure beeps will extend it for you. It is beyond your control. I think your idea is good, post the next round before, then do judging and such after the site is back. I'm so excited, I haven't done a contest for soooo long. *enjoys the rush*

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:09 AM
I have update mine^^
#29 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:11 AM
Oh nooo. I hate down-time.

I hope beeps will extend the time.

Your welcome. I don't mid adervertising in my siggy if its for a good cause .
#30 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:42 AM
Does it matter if you put extra pics up?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:54 AM
@astraea I'm quite excited to see a guy....that sounds kinda desperate, lol but I haven't seen many guys in beauty contests, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with him.

Thanks! Hahah, yep, guys are usually pretty rare... and I'll admit that I was really glad to see that males were accepted in the contest, too! (me loves making guys )
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:08 AM
I want to submit my male sims aswell
but Lyla is easier to use

I'm a fan of @astrea I've been downloading her works even before I start playing! :D

see my joining date? I downloaded a bunch of CCs for my cousin from here, but recently I've gotten too interested to the world of sims so I finaly bought it and many expansion pack
Forum Resident
#33 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:19 AM
Oh there is no limit to how long it takes, I think they use it for a guide line. Mine went for ages lol.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Field Researcher
#34 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ngluvjj
I'm a fan of @astrea I've been downloading her works even before I start playing! :D

see my joining date? I downloaded a bunch of CCs for my cousin from here, but recently I've gotten too interested to the world of sims so I finaly bought it and many expansion pack

Aaaw, really? Thank you so much, I'm glad you like my works! Also, welcome to the simming world!

P.S. little note for missroxor: I think there's a little issue with the useful links list. The "MTS pose sets 1" brings to TS2 poses, while the second link gives a research error and says "no results found" the third link works, though (also, thanks for posting it, although I'm a frequent user of Sims3Cri I had never seen that page! XD)
Forum Resident
#35 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:06 PM Last edited by kaylarox : 29th Jun 2011 at 2:35 PM.
Default Luana Arcadia.
Luana Arcadia

Hi, I am Luana. I am a 18 year old, from New Zealand, the land of the long white cloud. I love ANYTHING to do with creating things. From painting to modelling. I have a bit of Samoan blood in me. I am a fun and loving person, who strives for anything, I put in my hot little hands. I am out here to take chances, and be the person I want to be.

Party like it's 1999.

This photo shoot was so fun. I love the use of wigs, they make me feel like I am someone else. In this photo, it made me feel like I was going back in time. It was fun also, dancing around the stage all day.

I will survive.

This photo shoot portrays the fight for survival. It is dark and simple to pull you in.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:43 PM
OOOoooo this looks like fun i wanna enter are we allowed to use grey-scale?
#37 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:07 PM
It's great fun. If I were you I'd enter. Contests aren't always on you know =D
The other one
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:49 PM Last edited by missroxor : 19th Jun 2011 at 5:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
I'm so excited, I haven't done a contest for soooo long. *enjoys the rush*

Same here. I think the first and last sim contest I did was one of yours actually, lol. I usually stick to build/design contests because making pretty sims isn’t really my strong point but I do like to look at them. It’s weird but while I’m really excited to have a contest, I had no idea how nerve wracking it could be….the first round isn’t even half way through and I’ve already had a million and one panics over nothing

ngluvjj were you playing us with that whole “I’m not very good at this, I don’t know what I’m doing” act? Lol Nice updates.

Quote: Originally posted by lilandsnuggles2
Does it matter if you put extra pics up?
Yep, I’m gonna be quite strict on this one mostly because It can get really irritating when you’re trying to search though image heavy threads that take forever to load when you’re computer’s not that great. That and recognizing which image shows your sim to his/her best should be part of the creative process (like you see on films or Ugle Betty -hah!- where the photographer takes a gazillion pics and the editor or whoever looks through them all on a big print out to decide which one will get used). You can only post the amount of pics that are specified for each round, however you may post a link to additional pics on photo-bucket or a similar site if you’d like to show more of your work but judges will not take those into account when grading.

Kaylarox I was thinking/hoping that too. I’ve been in a contest that was 6 weeks long before because of all the extensions/delays. It’s difficult to keep the enthusiasm going that long, people end up just getting bored and frustrated which is a real shame since at the end of the day people host and participate in these for fun (not judges: having judged before I can honestly say you‘d have to be nuts to do that regularly, it‘s hard work!….um,…I mean it‘s really easy. I still need judges, any takers? ). I think the guidelines are basically just so people don’t do 10 rounds that last 2 weeks each, lol.

PS adding you now.

Quote: Originally posted by Astraea Nevermore
little note for missroxor: I think there's a little issue with the useful links list. The "MTS pose sets 1" brings to TS2 poses, while the second link gives a research error and says "no results found"
So my useful links are useless, eh? I just double checked them and the MTS-1 link works for me. Did you maybe see the “switch to TS2” logo at the top of the page and have a minor brain fart? (I only ask because I do that often, lol) Or is there something weird going on at my end? Good spot with link2. It did have all the first lot of pose packs that were uploaded before they created the sub folder specifically for poses but looks like they moved them all to the correct folder now. So you’re not missing out on any….if you can get the first link to work that is, lol.

Quote: Originally posted by happymintchocolate
are we allowed to use grey-scale?
Good question, I hadn’t thought to be specific about that but now that you ask: greyscale is allowed however you should take into account where I have said, “You should try to set your theme not just through pose/expression but through all the elements of your image such as light, colour and set design or composition.” Greyscale may not be appropriate for every theme/image but in other cases it may help set the mood…it’s up to you to decide when to use it. The only exception is that you can’t use greyscale for the initial headshot image requested in the application round because that one is basically just for the judges to get a good look at how purty your sim is up close and personal.

Edit: same for sepia toned.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:05 PM Last edited by ngluvjj : 19th Jun 2011 at 5:32 PM.
no I'm not
I was reading and going through the make-over contest sisaly held and a few sims 2 contest before creating my shots

Glad that helps

I've just finish reading kaylaroxs' contest (miss world)
I don't have sims 2 but seeing the pics
It's very realistic! I think I'm gonna borrow it from my bro's friend

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:39 PM
there is someone eyeing this thread with me
come on @ebec17
I can't wait to see another contestant :D

*sorry for spamming since this is my first contest I'm really excited, and I can't sleep. it's 1 a.m. here*

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:54 PM
I might give this a go, never really done a contest with sims 3. I'm a little rusty though let me see how the pics turn out before I commit

Are there any pic size limits?

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

#42 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:03 PM
@ nhayes

Remember it is a Sims 3 contest. From your post it sounds like you think its for Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:04 PM
that was a typo - corrected it now I've done loads of sims 2 contests in my time

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:22 PM
Can I join?
The other one
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:33 PM
Anyone with time, enthusiasm and TS3 can join. I'll have to review the rules to see if there's a maximum number of contestants if we start getting flooded with entries (though I've personally seen 17 people in a contest before) but for now we haven't even reached the minimum requirement which is 10.

Scholar
#46 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:43 PM
I'll probably post sometime in the middle of the week, I curse my dumb school ISU I'll definitely post before the 24th though

Also, I have a question about the pose player update. Do you know if you can use the poses that aren't updated for that new list feature for the pose player? Because I'm scared to download some in case they cause my game to crash.
The other one
Original Poster
#47 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
I'll probably post sometime in the middle of the week, I curse my dumb school ISU I'll definitely post before the 24th though
Hope you can join but just so you know, Delphy has announced that the site will be down for maintenance starting on the 24th so I will be posting the second round on the 23rd (probably 9pm PDT, just waiting on confirmation) assuming that we have enough contestants to carry on at that point. If we don't have enough contestants then the application round will stay open until a few days after the site is back up and running.

Also, I have a question about the pose player update. Do you know if you can use the poses that aren't updated for that new list feature for the pose player? Because I'm scared to download some in case they cause my game to crash.
Actually, I've just downloaded the new version myself about 5 minutes ago, I hadn't realised it was updated since I made my images. I don't think it should crash your game (and if it does just take it out) and I saw some people were still giving out the codes in addition to the list so I'm assuming the non-updated ones can still be used. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have the chance to test this theory in game until later tonight but if anyone else knows please feel free to chip in

The other one
Original Poster
#48 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:15 PM
I will be posting the second round on the 23rd (probably 9pm PDT, just waiting on confirmation)

Derp! It's just occured to me that if any of you guys happen to live on the same side of the planet as Delphy and HP you would have to get up at the crack of dawn to be able to see the new round ...what can I say, I'm a bit slow to cotton on! So I'm gonna have to rethink this.... I guess I'll have to post it even earlier, maybe if I post at some point between 12-3pm on 23rd (PDT) that'll be 9pm-12am (CEST) on 23rd so everyone should get the chance to see it before Delphy pulls the plug on 24th.

Scholar
#49 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:16 PM Last edited by ebec17 : 19th Jun 2011 at 7:16 PM. Reason: clarification
Well, before the 23rd then I really should be done (the ISU) by tonight, but knowing my procrastination on boring stuff...

I'm hopeful the non-updated ones are usable, some of them are really nice, especially some of the links you gave out
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:19 PM

Nope, it doesn't crash your game.

Page 2 of 23