Locked thread | Replies: 2492 (Who?), Viewed: 321458 times.
Page 2 of 100
Forum Resident
#26 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansfalcin
So, three days after Generations release, they put a trailer for the next EP? At least they realized that Generations sucked hard? LOL


I think they did the announcement sooner than usual because of that Unleashed trailer that was floating around. It was hardly a surprise!
Scholar
#27 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:40 PM
The reason they released it this early has nothing to do with Generations' success, nor does it have to do the 'leak' (it was done by EA, after all). It has to do with the fact that The Sims 3 Pets is a multiplatform title and E3 is next week. It's already been confirmed that they will be showing it at E3.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
edit: Where'd you see the Aussie? Was it in a promo picture or did I miss it in the trailer?


It was mentioned in one of these readings somewhere.

Thanks for helping :D

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#29 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:56 PM Last edited by suzetter : 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:04 PM. Reason: typos
Matrix, I was so excited about the animals I didn't look at anything else. Thanks for paying attention and letting us know what's there.

The trailer was very entertaining. Loved the scenarios shown-- the cat hiding from the bath, the dog chasing burglar, the dog cheering up then defending the kid from the bullies. I've never seen kids fight in TS3! Is the kids fighting new? or is that with Generations? It was also adorable to see the horses muzzling each other. I have wanted Sims to be able to have and ride horses since TS1 too. The horses look good and having them in game will have a huge impact on playing historical neighborhoods. There are mods to control or axe car use in TS3, like Baileywill's mod over at Pretty Sims (http://www.prettysims.com/index.php...a=view;down=219) for example. I'm not into cars in TS3 but for long distances they 're handy. Still a horse would do if I was playing a Medieval or Victorian town (bike would work here too.)

I hope the deer and raccoon are still part of the mix as they looked so good in that leaked trailer.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Instructor
#30 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:25 PM
The trailer looks great! I've always been disappointed with the pets expansions, though, especially the Sims 2 one (the Bull Mastiffs looked so strange and the pets were so annoying!). I guess they're not going to add many small pets, like guinea pigs (or womrats, whatevs). I hope there's a lot of sliders for creating pets--I want to recreate my childhood dogs, namely my German Chowperd. :p

My guess is that the new life state is going to be werewolves--they're probably going to release this in October, and I've noticed that the two expansions that have been released in October have had "spooky" life states.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:29 PM
Pets <3
I love the cat who didn't want to get a bath. Maybe with animal baths, we'll finally also be able to get rid of that new baby smell, one can always hope.

I hope the wild animals are still in there, now that I've seen the raccoons in the unofficial trailer, I don't think I want to play without them.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:39 PM
I'm excited that they have officially announced it, and I just pre-ordered it as well. I saw from the video, that now children can have altercations that lead to violence, YAY for violence!
Instructor
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:47 PM
WOW! This is seriously exciting guys *geeks out*
Alchemist
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoon_crazy
The reason they released it this early has nothing to do with Generations' success, nor does it have to do the 'leak' (it was done by EA, after all). It has to do with the fact that The Sims 3 Pets is a multiplatform title and E3 is next week. It's already been confirmed that they will be showing it at E3.


That sounds about right. You have to have a big splash at E3
Mad Poster
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 10:39 PM
I can't wait. I hope I can make my self-sim a virtual crazy cat lady. And not only that, but a virtual crazy cat lady with a horse.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzetter
Matrix, I was so excited about the animals I didn't look at anything else. Thanks for paying attention and letting us know what's there.

The trailer was very entertaining. Loved the scenarios shown-- the cat hiding from the bath, the dog chasing burglar, the dog cheering up then defending the kid from the bullies. I've never seen kids fight in TS3! Is the kids fighting new? or is that with Generations? It was also adorable to see the horses muzzling each other. I have wanted Sims to be able to have and ride horses since TS1 too. The horses look good and having them in game will have a huge impact on playing historical neighborhoods. There are mods to control or axe car use in TS3, like Baileywill's mod over at Pretty Sims (http://www.prettysims.com/index.php...a=view;down=219) for example. I'm not into cars in TS3 but for long distances they 're handy. Still a horse would do if I was playing a Medieval or Victorian town (bike would work here too.)

I hope the deer and raccoon are still part of the mix as they looked so good in that leaked trailer.


Yes, children can fight.
I've only had a child and teen fight, but I assume it universal.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#37 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 10:47 PM
*sips coffee* Load up the gun, hun. It's that time in the franchise again.
I kid I kid.

I do have concerns about the horses. I definitely don't want horses in every world I make, especially in my city ones. Hopefully there will be a filter for animals to only appear in a certain world type(town, city, vacation)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:02 PM Last edited by insane_in_charlie_shirt : 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:24 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko09
*sips coffee* Load up the gun, hun. It's that time in the franchise again.
I kid I kid.

I do have concerns about the horses. I definitely don't want horses in every world I make, especially in my city ones. Hopefully there will be a filter for animals to only appear in a certain world type(town, city, vacation)


Imagining a city full of people riding horses - horses in the highrises, horses on the subways...

All seriousness I'm agreed about the concerns of out of place animals. maybe we can only get horses if we place the equestrian lot? That would make sense and stop inappropriate horses. Though that being said some big cities do have mews and a lot of horses.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:15 PM
It looks as if we may be getting a new town with this to!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I can't wait. I hope I can make my self-sim a virtual crazy cat lady. And not only that, but a virtual crazy cat lady with a horse.

They should have a Cat Obsessed trait
Inventor
#41 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97
They should have a Cat Obsessed trait


Yes!
I am so excited for this EP. I loved the Grim on a horse. I hope we get to see him ride around town XD
Mad Poster
#42 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekonyami
Yes!
I am so excited for this EP. I loved the Grim on a horse. I hope we get to see him ride around town XD


I've already decided to try to kill people just so I can see Grim on the horse. It was my favorite part of the whole trailer. I rewound it again and again just to see him ride off into the ether.
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:05 AM
Isn't it possible they staged the Grim Reaper riding horseback for the trailer? I would assume he will still show up horseless to carry your deceased away. Knowing EA, they have a way of making their new stuff look much better then it actually is.

And considering as of LN the Grim Reaper is completely unplayable IIRC, I doubt it really matters too much anyways. Although it would be cool to see him ride up on a horse...a matching skeleton horse would be really cool.

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Forum Resident
#44 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:08 AM Last edited by birdyfly : 4th Jun 2011 at 12:30 AM.
After reading one of the threads on the Sims 3 forums, I think the grim reaper and the horse is when a horse dies of old age.
Also, in the trailer, I love the cat slippers. At 0.29, you can see a clear shot of them.

I'm glad to see a variety of cat/dog toys in the trailer.

If we do get birds, it would be cute if we could teach them to talk like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L11Ezo6Z7ME. I highly doubt it, but it would be rather adorable.

I am not sure why, but I always thought getting toys for the smaller animals would be interesting. For example, like a hamster ball, but I don't mind just taking them out and being able to cuddle with them like in Sims 2.

Edit:
Sims VIP has fifty new images from the Sims 3 Pets trailer.
Theorist
#45 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:08 AM
The detail on the pets look really good, they actually look fuzzy instead of having painted on fur.

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:27 AM
While I am super excited for this EP, I really hope they include the wild animals, reptiles, birds, and small animals!
Also it would be cool if sims could be Veterinarians! I wouldn't even mind if the Vet clinic would be a rabbit hole!
Theorist
#47 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:56 AM
For me the most important question is whether having a horse in your inventory* will stop sims driving sloppy jalopy's all around the town. I really need this to create different time periods.








*Ugh. I hate this 'putting vehicles in inventory' business. It's just, no. Sloppy.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
DELETED POST
4th Jun 2011 at 1:01 AM
This message has been deleted by birdyfly. Reason: Already been stated in original post
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:04 AM
It was already on the OP

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#49 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
It was already on the OP


I'm really sorry about that. I need to read more carefully next time.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariomaster101
Isn't it possible they staged the Grim Reaper riding horseback for the trailer? I would assume he will still show up horseless to carry your deceased away. Knowing EA, they have a way of making their new stuff look much better then it actually is.


Yeah, they do. So what you are saying is...I will need a mod so I can have a playable reaper riding through town terrorizing the townsfolk? This works for me too.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 100
Back to top