Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:49 PM
Default Opinions about imaginary friend
I played with this thing a bit and it's freaking annoying. Apart from the creepy expression-less look it doesn't have any special functionality. Why would I want to play with it ? And the walking style is horrible. I think they wanted to do something like Pinochio but they failed miserably. It's just me or do you guys hate it too ?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 5:17 PM
I think it's hilarious
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:22 PM
this is one aspect that i will be skipping....not my type of thing at all....
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:38 PM
I don't do kiddos, so meh.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:45 PM
LOL I seriously need to check this out! ... I'm so behind on gameplay.. think it's time to make some children tonight
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:26 AM
Why the heck are you people playing with kids anyway? BOARDING SCHOOL RULES!
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:36 AM
As I posted elsewhere, I found them to be too annoying to be of any entertainment value.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 6:23 AM
I haven't been able to play a lot yet because I've been working but I think the doll and the moodlet icon for playing with it are super cute.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:16 AM
Can we CAS edit them? I wouldn't mind a normal looking friend, but not a Ronald McDonald in his bad days.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 7:33 PM
It was funny the first time, and I might be using it for kids that are only children (like me, I had an imaginary friend when I was a toddler apparently ) but yeah, I can see it getting hella annoying. And the walk it does... isn't it just the stride of pride sims get after woohooing off their home lot?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 7:56 PM
Read on the official forum that imaginary friends that are turned human can have imaginary kids, the kid gets an imaginary friend. Also when the IF's kid can have the option to be human or an IF. O.o

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#12 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:58 PM
I think that they're cute, I think it's adorable that they turn into a doll and sit next to the kids bed at night. Toddlers look very sweet playing with it. The only problem is that they follow your kid EVERYWHERE and it's creepy.

He followed him into the bathroom while he was showering... and then he was watching the sister on the toilet

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:06 PM
My sim got female imaginary friend and turn her into human . After that, my sim fall in love and got married with his imaginary friend .Actually , she has a green hair and few dáy later . they have baby with green hair . how adorable <3
After Imaginary friend turns to human , they can transform back to toy form but you can control them :D
Theorist
#14 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 11:00 PM
How do you know if an IF is male/female?

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
How do you know if an IF is male/female?

You can pick. You have the option of renaming your imaginary friend. When renaming, you can indicate whether it is a boy's name or a girls name.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:06 AM
AW, my toddler just got his in the mail but my game crashed before I could save it while he was at the park with his family.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:27 AM
My kid plays with the doll all the time but no imaginary friend has popped up yet

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Instructor
#18 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cherry85
My kid plays with the doll all the time but no imaginary friend has popped up yet

You will eventually get a message saying that _____ wants to come out and play. Take them out of the inventory and place them on the floor and they'll come 'alive'.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:57 AM
wow......i never noticed that :O.......i thougth they were more like a Simbot :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:21 PM
Got sent some screenshots from a friend and so far it looks like the creators saw Drop Dead Fred one time to many...
Is it like an extra member of the family? Does it have needs, or is it like a ghost?
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
You will eventually get a message saying that _____ wants to come out and play. Take them out of the inventory and place them on the floor and they'll come 'alive'.

I've only ever seen the thing act like one of the magical gnomes. When will it really "live"?
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MamaBruce
I've only ever seen the thing act like one of the magical gnomes. When will it really "live"?

For me, at the toddler stage, I took it out of the inventory the first day I had it and put it in the toddler's room.
Then, the toddler played with it almost 24/7 and would sing to it and talk to it. I would place it back in the inventory when I took the toddler to the park or to the garden (so the toddler can play with it when he wanted to).
When at home again, I placed it back in the toddler's room. The toddler began to play with it again and sing to it again.
Then at the toddler stage, I got a message that said something along the lines of: You shouldn't play with your imaginary doll so much or it may get a mind of its own! (I do not remember how the exact wording was).
I let the toddler play with it a few more times and then had the toddler grow up.

At the child stage, I had the child sing and chat with it a few more times, then had a tea party with it. During the tea party, the doll changed positions and then turned into an imaginary friend.

One thing you have to be careful of that happened to me was that when I turned my teen to a young adult before giving it the potion (was going to give the IF the potion on the Sim's birthday), the Imaginary Friend turned back into a doll and I haven't been able to turn it back to an Imaginary Friend since. I would recommend that you change the IF real when the sim is a teen or about to become a young adult at the latest, unless I have a glitch in my game.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:15 PM
I don't know about your game, but I had twins, Merry and Ariana in my family. Both got IFs and both played with them so much they got brought to life when the girls became children. Well, long story short, the twins both grew up, one of them (Merry) kept her doll in her inventory for most of her teen years so the house wouldn't be crowded. Now the girls are YAs. Ariana brought her doll, Michael alive and they are dating. Merry put her doll back on the floor and Ninna got up alive, no problem. I'll keep Ninna as a doll-form cleaner. Ariana will marry Michael next time I play, and Merry will live with them.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:11 AM
awwww man, they disappear when you change households! Otherwise they are fun!

I don't have a signature, because I was to lazy to make one.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tony97
awwww man, they disappear when you change households! Otherwise they are fun!

I don't remember who posted this, but the SimTransformer will give you either the imaginary friend doll or the imaginary friend, so you can "cheat" to get it back after you changed households.
Page 1 of 8