Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
I haven't tried the teddy bear. It sat around my house unusued while the triplets crooned that irritating song to their IF's. Heh. I am almost certain any other toy is useless next to the IF.

I agree with this - The child with the IF in my household didn't set foot in the tree house, because he was so taken up with his IF, his IFless siblings used it and went fishing for frogs in the tiddler pond I put in their garden. The IF is way too demanding in so many ways!

*cue sinister moosic*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 7:57 AM
It would be great if insane sims were allowed IF that they could play with as adults.
#53 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 1:11 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 10th Jun 2011 at 2:33 PM.
Mmmm I just found out today that my latest child (male, evil and grumpy) has an IF who must be insane, as the IF talks to itself like the insane sims do AND it is setting booby traps in the shower and the sinks! I'm realllllllllllllllllllly scared now! I'll try and capture some pics of it doing these things

Editted to add pics ...

Speaking madness .....

Boobytrapping the sink ...

Boobytrap complete ...

Same wickedness with the shower ...

Instructor
#54 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:50 AM
I actually like the IF. It's probably my favorite occult so far, since it's so wacky (to be fair, I never played a mummy). My insane sim (Deane) got an imaginary friend, which made her crazier. I agree that the IF is time consuming, though. I didn't build a single skill with that child until I made the damn thing real. Also, IFs are attractive when they're made real, though mine had soulless black eyes. O.O

The IF I got (Ovid) turned out to be evil. He would constantly sneak up on Deane and scare the crap out of her. He also walked in on her in the shower once and didn't seem embarrassed, but excited instead. It's hilarious.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 1:49 PM
I think my imaginary friend vanished when my sim and her friend was fighting off a pirate invasion. He didn't leave or anything, just vanished.

It's actually rather sad to see my sim play by herself now. They were laughing all the time, now she's all alone playing by herself again. Sigh.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:35 PM
the imaginnary friend looks ridicoulous, it's not even creepy but ugly ! Big inexpresive head, disproportionate hands it's like he has a desease or something....how can anyone like this...thing, bleah.
#57 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sprue
Big inexpresive head, disproportionate hands it's like he has a desease or something....

I had an ex-boyfriend like that ....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89

at least you figured out on time lol

the idea of imaginary friend is nice but as usual EA is not capable of taking a good idea till the end. A pinochio type doll with some special abilities or needs would have been so much better, but they're lazy as hell.
Instructor
#59 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:29 PM
I am curious... Has anyone discovered if you let the 'game decide' the gender of the IF, what gender are they? I never really get the option to choose. I had one age up and she was a girl. Fine with it, but there are two more in my household and I'm curious if the sim who has the doll is a boy are they automatically girls or is it random?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 4:31 PM
I am curious... Has anyone discovered if you let the 'game decide' the gender of the IF, what gender are they? I never really get the option to choose. I had one age up and she was a girl. Fine with it, but there are two more in my household and I'm curious if the sim who has the doll is a boy are they automatically girls or is it random?

You choose their gender by naming them with a male/female name.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89

So, did you have to use a potion to get him to turn back into a toy or did you just take out his stitching?
Instructor
#62 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dojan5

They already have names... Like patches, and stiches and such. Where can I name them?
Test Subject
#63 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dojan5

And how exactly does the game recognize if the name I chose is male or female? I could name it whatever I want, in whatever language I want.
So far the gender of my IFs was random, I've had a girl with a male IF and another with a female IF. I think if you really wanted to you could change the IF's gender - I haven't tried it yet, but it's probably possible, I'm guessing with one of Twallan's mods?

I really like imaginary friends, though they were a bit creepy at first I looove their voice, especially when they laugh, and the way they run is cute and funny I'm really enjoying playing them.

They already have names... Like patches, and stiches and such. Where can I name them?

If you click on the doll you get an option to change it's name.
Instructor
#64 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:11 PM

When your sim is a toddler, you can click on them to rename them. It'll let you choose between giving it a boy's name or a girl's name.
Test Subject
#65 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
When your sim is a toddler, you can click on them to rename them. It'll let you choose between giving it a boy's name or a girl's name.

I could have sworn you could only change it's name I must've missed the boy/girl name option somehow, my bad! Now I just have to start my game and check that for myself, can't believe I missed that Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daiquiri
And how exactly does the game recognize if the name I chose is male or female? I could name it whatever I want, in whatever language I want.

When you click it, and the "Give name to Toy" or whatever the option is called, you get to a new menu reading "Give male name" or "Give female name", your IF's gender depends on what you choose there. :P
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 10:13 PM
I know that now I didn't see this before, oops. Guess I should have made sure before posting It's good that we have that option. Actually, I think I might try to change one of my IF's gender so I can later make this IF my sim's romantic interest... Hm. Now I wonder if I can have gay imaginary friends
Instructor
#68 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 1:27 AM
I have to post a screenshout of it, but I made one of my sims' son's imaginary friend real, and it became female. One thing that is odd though, is that when "Patches" became a person, she has a gender icon in her panel right underneath her sign. It says female. I find that odd, since none of my regular sims show a gender there, and well, there is no doubt Patches is female, since she is a sim now. I Will take a screenshot, but this is rather odd. I wonder why IF's have gender and regular simmies don't?
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:27 PM
I like them (their walking and talking is hilarious) but I don't like that you can't get rid of it. For goodness' sake, my character's a teen, he doesn't need one anymore. And when I tell it to leave him alone, he turns into a doll but won't go away >> anyone know about the "running away" thing ? I saw a mod that would increase or decrease it but I have no idea what it is
Instructor
#70 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 10:17 PM
I have to post a screenshout of it, but I made one of my sims' son's imaginary friend real, and it became female. One thing that is odd though, is that when "Patches" became a person, she has a gender icon in her panel right underneath her sign. It says female. I find that odd, since none of my regular sims show a gender there, and well, there is no doubt Patches is female, since she is a sim now. I Will take a screenshot, but this is rather odd. I wonder why IF's have gender and regular simmies don't?

Mine had the gender icon, too--it's like the one babies have, where it shows its astrological sign and its gender. Even when I turned my IF into a very real boy, it still had that gender icon. Strange. :/
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 4:17 AM
I've yet to get a doll to try them.

Three kids in my newest family and not a single doll in the mailbox.
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 4:34 AM
I like IF, but I just dont think its for every single kids I have. So I downloaded the less chance of IF and had been satisfied with it so far.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 5:00 AM
I like the imaginary friends if only because your sim can have them clean up and get them food without adding another person to the house/having to hire a butler. They are definitely really creepy, but I think it's hilarious. I've received one with every child my sims have had - I'm up to the 3rd generation and there have been at least 4 kids - but I've only had one of my sims interact with their IF, and I'm thinking about making him real once there are fewer sims in my household.
Alchemist
#74 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dougy
I like them (their walking and talking is hilarious) but I don't like that you can't get rid of it. For goodness' sake, my character's a teen, he doesn't need one anymore. And when I tell it to leave him alone, he turns into a doll but won't go away >> anyone know about the "running away" thing ? I saw a mod that would increase or decrease it but I have no idea what it is

When it turns into a doll, have you tried to put it back in your sims inventory?
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sprue
at least you figured out on time lol

the idea of imaginary friend is nice but as usual EA is not capable of taking a good idea till the end. A pinochio type doll with some special abilities or needs would have been so much better, but they're lazy as hell.

No no no. THIS would be PERFECT!

Page 3 of 8