Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less/More Likely to get Imaginary Friends

by claudiasharon Posted 6th Jun 2011 at 6:11 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2012 at 1:57 PM by claudiasharon

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:49 PM
How about one with a 50% chance likeliness to get one, but won't run away at all.

--
Eduardog3000
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:51 PM
Just wanted to tell you how much I love you for this mod
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 7:48 PM
Thank you very much! Been wanting one of these.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:10 PM
I didn't like the idea of the imaginary friend from jump street because of the way it looked. So yes, just like vampires - I don't care for them. Maybe if the imaginary friend looked like a little simboy or girl and not a ------ whatever the heck that scary looking thing is, it wouldnn't annoy me so much.
So with that said....... How about 0% imaginary friend , never run away? Like the way it was before Generations.
Thank you for this, though. I will definetly use it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:10 PM
Sounds like a cool concept to alter. I agree with divalbw2 to a certain degree, however, the reality of life in the world today, they are more willing to run away than old school. So, this is sort of a cool addition from Generations.

Now EA, bring on the WEATHER!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:36 PM
I've been playing Generations pretty steady for the last 3 day and haven't seen the doll yet. Thanks for this.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by centerman
I've been playing Generations pretty steady for the last 3 day and haven't seen the doll yet. Thanks for this.

That's interesting..... I was playing with a young couple with one child (toddler) They would put the toddler to bed and soon as they would leave the room baby girl would whip out that "friend" !! As soon as they re-entered she would hide it again. I thought that was kind of funny.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by divalbw2
I didn't like the idea of the imaginary friend from jump street because of the way it looked. So yes, just like vampires - I don't care for them. Maybe if the imaginary friend looked like a little simboy or girl and not a ------ whatever the heck that scary looking thing is, it wouldnn't annoy me so much.
So with that said....... How about 0% imaginary friend , never run away? Like the way it was before Generations.
Thank you for this, though. I will definetly use it.

I do believe you can make some thing with the new chemistry set that will turn them into real sims.
Also, thanks for the mod :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:14 AM
an imaginary friend huh! I was wondering why I couldn't find one for sale in buy mode LoL
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:16 AM
Thank you so much! I don't want imaginary friends so I really appreciate this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 3:48 PM
Thank you very much. That thing gives me the creeps!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eduardog3000
How about one with a 50% chance likeliness to get one, but won't run away at all.

Done and posted to original post.

How about 0% imaginary friend , never run away?

You want no chance of getting an imaginary friend and it will never run away?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:42 PM
Thanks for this.

I don't mind the imaginary friends so much, except that that they're far too frequent. I can handle one kid in a family having an imaginary friend, but my active house currently has three imaginary friends running around, which gets old really quickly.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Done and posted to original post.

You want no chance of getting an imaginary friend and it will never run away?

Uhhhh......lol....... the imaginary friend runs away or the kid??? I need a Prima Guide, lol!! No chance of imaginary friend at all, I guess is what I would like to have.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:48 AM

Uhhhh......lol....... the imaginary friend runs away or the kid??? I need a Prima Guide, lol!! No chance of imaginary friend at all, I guess is what I would like to have.

LOL The imaginary friend. That would be this file: nevergetifmorelikelyrunaway.rar where if you already have an imaginary friend they will be more likely to run away, and it prevents any more appearing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 9:37 AM
Wait, does every kid get an imaginary friend? I have Generations, and I have one family (that I don't play on but of course life goes on with them anyway) and neither of their kids have one. I have another family and 2 of the 3 kids have an imaginary friend. (both these families started from Late Night.) The teenage girl even has hers still running around. One time I saw someone just randomly standing on the side of the road outside their house...I moved the cursor over it and it was the imaginary friend...yet she looked like a Sim. But then she went away and returned to normal. It hasn't happened again.

I don't know, the imaginary friends confuse me/kind of annoy me/kinda think they're adorable when the kids play with them. I do find them sort of...creepy. And I agree with a previous poster...I want weather for Sims 3 finally!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 12:32 PM
Every kid in my household so far has received an imaginary friend. I couldn't get rid of them until I made this mod! And when you have three or four kids with three or four imaginary friends running around the house seems to get a bit crowded. xD

But some people haven't had them appear at all, so I dunno if it's a glitch or what.

I don't mind them when they're in doll form as much as when they are actually following my sim around harassing them.

Weather would be nice. Maybe we'll get that next after Pets. ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 3:04 AM
I have been refusing to get the mail because I don't want the creepy doll LOL. Thank you...and my mailbox thanks you lol
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Every kid in my household so far has received an imaginary friend. I couldn't get rid of them until I made this mod! And when you have three or four kids with three or four imaginary friends running around the house seems to get a bit crowded. xD

But some people haven't had them appear at all, so I dunno if it's a glitch or what.

I don't mind them when they're in doll form as much as when they are actually following my sim around harassing them.

Weather would be nice. Maybe we'll get that next after Pets. ^^

---

Yeah when they're just dolls and even when they're child size, I don't mind them.

And ooh, yes I heard we're getting Sims 3 Pets soon! October I believe I'm excited for that! Hopefully we'll have a variety of pets instead of just dogs and cats.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:23 AM
AWW HOW CUTE! You can actually see them? I really need to get generations!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 11:37 AM
Finally, i was always waiting on the doll, but now i know for sure i gonna get one!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:15 PM
Great mods, and so fast out!

I'm not bugging you to do it or anything (but thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone knows how it works). Is it likely for a mod to be made which makes imaginary friends just appear in human form? I've never known someone have a clowny-looking imaginary friend as a kid, though plenty who had "human" or "animal" ones. Also if someone did this mod, it'd be cool to have them not always the same age as the kid, because this happens too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by picass0blue
Great mods, and so fast out!

I'm not bugging you to do it or anything (but thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone knows how it works). Is it likely for a mod to be made which makes imaginary friends just appear in human form? I've never known someone have a clowny-looking imaginary friend as a kid, though plenty who had "human" or "animal" ones. Also if someone did this mod, it'd be cool to have them not always the same age as the kid, because this happens too.

That sort of modding would be beyond my abilities, sorry!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 1:51 PM
Thanks for the 50% one! After playing with a family of several kids all having an IF that version is quite needed and with the never running away I guess that means I can shove them off if they get on my nerves without me loosing them ^^
Page 1 of 5