Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tool to Package Custom Body Hair - update 9/8/12

by CmarNYC Posted 11th Jun 2011 at 6:46 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:54 PM by Nysha

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:43 PM
I'm likin' the icon.

No, but seriously, this is amazing, you're amazing, thank you so much, I can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:50 PM
Wonderful!!! Thanks a lot.
Can't wait for the tutorial.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:04 PM
cool I imagine you could make epic scars and stuff with this.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:22 PM
The blending of hair is not as smooth as we want with body hair layer. May need some very good artistic skills to get some nice looking body hair out.

Regardless, thanks so much for making this possible.

Tutorial just came out 5 minutes ago from the time I typed this.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:20 PM
Woot! I may have to dig out those Allen ABQ hair files from Sims 2.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:23 PM
Thank you! I heard more than one person say "Sure hope CmarNYC is going to make something for body hair, after that fantastic work with tattoos" :D

Can't wait to see some gentler male hair, and maybe some hair for our hippie ladies
Forum Resident
#8 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:36 PM
So could we use this tool to make body freckles, avatar make-up, etc. for all ages and genders?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:43 PM
Ooh, this is awesome. I hope PanthroSamah adapts his/her body hair accessory to use with this, or allows someone else to do it. I'd attempt it, if I knew my way at all around S3PE. Unfortunately, I know just enough to be able to recategorize things. :P
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:56 PM
@jmtmom: You could probably make freckles. While the hair overlay is recolored in the game to match the hair color, you can pick that color independently of the head hair. As for Avatar makeup, I haven't tried this with a color image yet so I don't know whether the color would actually show up. It's an interesting idea!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:52 AM
Awesome! I knew that custom ones would be possible to be made.
Thanks for bringing the possibility to our hands! Can't wait to try it out!

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 4:18 AM
That's fast!

I have been waiting this kind of tool.

Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:25 AM
Thanks so much, this is awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:38 AM
Thanks for this tool! I'm looking forward to some nice realistic bodyhair (that doesn't look like painted on the body).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:18 PM
SO MUCH WIN! I knew this body-hair thing was going to be an awesome new exploit for creators. I can see freckles, scars, birthmarks, fantasy spots and stripes and scales... This is an amazing prospect, and I'm glad you came up with this tool so quickly so the creators can start creating!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 3:33 AM
so.....i tried to make something for the ladies and in CAS theres nowhere to find it as women have no body hair options in CAS. whatever shall i do?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 12:49 PM
If you're able to use a core mod, I've updated XCAS to enable the body hair screen for women and teens: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434270

Twallan has it on his list to add to Master Controller.

If you use AwesomeMod, I imagine Pescado will do it also if asked very nicely.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 8:07 PM
This is so awesome! Now we can make some pretty awesome overlays without resorting to tattoos and makeups. Is body hair herditary? Like if the dad has it, there is a chance of his son(or daughter lol) getting it too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:09 AM
Thankyou so much for this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 10:56 PM
Thanks so mucchhh >33333 I just downloaded it . Now I can create hairstyles . Creators TIME #1 . Rofl Thanks, & have a merry christmas Which is Christmas Eve rite nowww . ;o
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 9:07 PM
Thanks for this.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 11:26 PM
This works great! Thanks!

@Miko09 Yea body hair can be inherited, even from the mother's father I believe. The game separates male and female hair luckily
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 1:44 AM
Windows only?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cupcub
Windows only?

Yes, sorry. Eventually I'll do a version that should run under Mono.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 8:23 PM
OH MY GOD!! CmarNYC Thanks so F**in much!! Sorry for that Word but YAY , I made a Complete BodyHair Set now with GIMP ♥_♥ YES !! I love Hairy Mens if you know what I mean Full-haired-Body-Set, I think I'm the only one who likes this so i wont upload it :/ unfortunately.. However IF it did, then write me @all ...

THANKS *Hugs*
Page 1 of 2