Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 Maxis Base-Game Interior Doors Recolored

by iCad Posted 11th Jun 2011 at 10:20 PM

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 10:27 PM
These are great. I've always liked the style of the walnut & Yankee doors, but there wasn't enough variety to make them appropriate for every house. Thanks.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 10:45 PM
Yay - thank you for these. JUST what I needed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 11:17 PM
These are very nice iCad! You are the go to person for great wood recolors! Especially for anyone who wants it all to go together since you have made it all match so flawlessly! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:42 AM
I lovelovelove your sets - thank you! :D
*happily bounces in chair*
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:43 AM
All your wood recolours are great. I'll be using these a lot! Thanks! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:55 AM
Perfect! I just made a note to search for nice Justa Door recolors. (I'm attempting more BG houses...) These will be used tonight! Mwa-ha-ha-ha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:59 AM
Awesome, I've been looking for some door recolors for a while! Thanks! ^^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 4:38 AM
Oh, will get so much use out of these! Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 7:46 AM
Boy you're certainly on a roll here. Nice job.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:45 AM
You are awesome. I use these doors all the time, but hate the mismatch. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:50 AM
You make Maxis worth using. Thank you so much.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:22 AM
Most awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:26 AM
Heck yes!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:54 AM
What would I do without your recolours? They're so beautiful! Thank you for sharing :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:16 PM
Yes!! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 4:15 PM
I will definately be using these doors more now! Thanks a million...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:52 PM
Thank you from the bottom of my little sims feets! We haz real door colors!!!!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 10:30 PM
Thank You sooo much for these iCad! I am going to overuse them in everything I build. What did I do before now????
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 10:50 PM
I just can't get enough of your goodies, ICad! Thanks so much
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 10:53 PM
Beautiful!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:50 PM
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 8:03 PM
Amazing!! Tons of variety to choose from. I am so excited!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 9:16 PM
Whoa! I guess a lot of people wanted interior doors! Thanks for all the comments. I'm sooooooo glad that people will find these useful; the Maxis colors on these were, IMO, just dumb; I pretty much only used the whites! Or the "walnut" color on the Walnut door, since it doesn't have a white...which reminds me that I need to make one, but...yeah.

Anyway, here's something I wanted to mention but forgot to put in this description. I'll just put it here, since it's not THAT important:

On the 4-Score doors, the thumbnails (at least in my game) seem to be very washed-out in color. It makes it hard to tell which color is which from the thumbnails. So, I just wanted to say that they SHOULD load (if you don't change my file names) and show alphabetically from right to left. (This is actually the case for all of the doors/windows I've uploaded, but at least all of those seem to have right-color thumbnails...although the problem seems to be the same for the La Fenetre windows, which are coming up next.) So if all you have for a given door/window is my recolors and you keep all of the colors, the first non-Maxis color to show, farthest to the right, should be the Acorn color and they go alphabetically from there. The "weathered" files are named so that they will load/show right after the fully-saturated version of that color. So they should go: Acorn-->Burnished Amber-->Weathered Burnished Amber--> Cayenne-->Weathered Cayenne-->Espresso... and so forth all they way down to Woodland Brown and its "weathered" version, which are last, alphabetically. Hopefully, that's helpful for you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:35 PM
These are so handy. Thank you, iCad!
Page 1 of 2