Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No CAS Room! (Also Works With Pets)

by fway Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 9:11 PM - Updated 3rd Sep 2012 at 10:05 AM by fway : Updated Description

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 11:02 PM
Great job an getting this far. I'm sure we'll figure out custom ones son. Keep at it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 11:54 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY you made this! My POS computer takes so long with loading CAS and this will help out so much I'm sure... Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you! ^_^

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 8:37 AM
This is perfect. I personally find the mirror to be distracting.

The screen is actually black/dark gray in my game instead of blue though.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vorpal
The screen is actually black/dark gray in my game instead of blue though.

Interesting. What are your graphics settings? Do you/did you have a CAS room recolor installed?

Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 3:36 PM
does this make loading quicker?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
does this make loading quicker?

In my testing, without CC, with "CAS integration" installed, and some custom sliders, getting into CAS takes about 7 seconds with my mod. Without my mod it takes about 10. If you were talking about the content within CAS, unfortunately no, I believe that's a separate thing within the game.

The only mod I know of that optimizes CAS (IMO) is Twallan's CAS integration for the Master Controller. It doesn't load the clothes as fast (for my game at least), but it quits the jumping to the current outfit your sim is wearing, which is efficient.

Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 5:14 PM
Oh! this should be fun! Plus, the original CAS room looked hideous.. Thanks for this.
I never knew the CAS room was actually a mesh!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 6:49 PM
This is pure genious! Thank-you for getting rid of all the ugliness.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Interesting. What are your graphics settings? Do you/did you have a CAS room recolor installed?

I've never had anything that edited CAS's room before this mod.

My game looks like this. I play in windowed mode.

Do you think aWt's HQ modification would make it like that? I haven't tested without it yet.

Edit: Just wanted to add that the stylist room also looks like that.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:37 AM
VERY strange. I tested my game with your settings (minus the resolution) before and after I installed AWT's HQ mod and there was no visible difference between the two with it installed. I will say though, that it changed the tint of the empty room to a pretty blue.

Have you tried reinstalling with a fresh HQ mod, or placing your backup (I'm hoping you have one) for a result? I would put your backup in to see if you can get the room to be that color. Then if it goes back to being blue, re-install a fresh HQ mod and see what the result is.

What is your patch version? Processor chip? Graphics card?

I was looking over the graphicsrules file and I don't want to jump to any conclusions after reading through the file.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:24 AM Last edited by Vorpal : 24th Jul 2011 at 12:51 PM.
So I put my backup in, cleared my caches, and tried again. Still gray, haha.

Base: 1.22.9.011001
WA: 2.17.2.011031
AMB: 4.10.1.011031
LN: 4.10.1.011031
Gen: 8.0.152.011001

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Not really the best stuff to be playing sims with, but it runs the game just fine.

Edit: So I figured out what it was! The background reflects the color of the sky in my game. I took that last picture when it was night time. Even though I went through edit town for the gray picture in my last post, the same thing applies with edit in CAS cheats. If you're wondering why the sky was black, it's caused by dDefinder's Outdoor Lighting Tweaks mod. I use the "balanced" version if you want to see if that's what's causing the CAS color weirdness.

Early morning CAS & outside (purple).
Daytime CAS & outside (light blue).
Afternoon CAS & outside (slightly darker blue).

I'm just glad I figured out what it was. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 12:12 PM
no more mirror disturbing
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vorpal
So I put my backup in, cleared my caches, and tried again. Still gray, haha.
<snip>

Edit: So I figured out what it was! The background reflects the color of the sky in my game. I took that last picture when it was night time. Even though I went through edit town for the gray picture in my last post, the same thing applies with edit in CAS cheats. If you're wondering why the sky was black, it's caused by dDefinder's Outdoor Lighting Tweaks mod. I use the "balanced" version if you want to see if that's what's causing the CAS color weirdness.

<snip>

I'm just glad I figured out what it was. :D

That's just kickass. When I had asked what your processor was, it was to make sure your processor wasn't an intel because there is something in the graphics rules file that says something about an "intel color fix", but seeing that it may just be the lighting mod it's good news. I'm going to test CAS when it hits night time in my game.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:16 PM
fun
fun
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:22 AM
Wow! This will be great!
*sloshing paint all over the CAS room*
Thank you so much for this! :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:46 PM
i like original ;P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 2:35 PM
Thank you SO much for this FWAY! You are awesome! I was wondering if it were possible AND easy for you to do one with a white and/or black background? Reason being that for screenshots of outfits, they are the 2 best background colours. THANK YOU so so much for doing this though, it means I don't have to take my sim in and out of CAS all the time to do screenshots for custom pictures for uploads.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 2:15 PM
Thank you very much. I really needed this! Now, I will much easier separate my sims from picture background for my preview images for my new creations. THANK YOU
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 6:24 AM Last edited by bitterquill : 17th Sep 2012 at 5:17 AM.
I love the idea of getting rid of the ugly room! I'd love to see just the Sim on a plain background. I'm somewhat afraid that I'll miss being able to see both the front and back of the Sim at once (which is, in my opinion, the one good thing about that mirror).

ETA: Now that I've tried it, I have to say, this is one of the best mods I've found in a while. I never really thought I was "distracted" by the default CAS, but the emptied version is *so* much cleaner and easier to use, I can't believe how long I went without it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 7:18 PM
Great for taking pictures, thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 4:18 AM
rofl i did not need yr mod for some reason as i play the game and what did i see the blue screen ROFl
Forum Resident
#23 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 5:41 PM
With so many lighting tweaks out there, my CAS screen is getting some color overhauls with this mod. I like it. This has been so nice to use-- thanks again.
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#24 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 4:50 PM
Does this prevent the reflections memory leak since seasons? Thanks for giving us an empty room!

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafe Weisz
Does this prevent the reflections memory leak since seasons? Thanks for giving us an empty room!

I ran the game in windowed mode with task manager's performance tab open on the side. This does indeed fix the memory leak problem that was so bad I had to get more RAM for my laptop after installing seasons because it was putting me 1/2 a gig over. There's no way to totally prevent it even with reflections turned off (bathtubs seem to be a continuing culprit) but this CAS screen means I can change more than one wardrobe per play session without the game crashing.
Page 1 of 2