Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 12:06 AM
I was thinking that too but dont they need a source like a fridge. I do not want any new people to move in so i am happy to hear that not having roads will solve that. I will probably have story progression off. No firemen, no police...anything im missing
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dasila
I was thinking that too but dont they need a source like a fridge. I do not want any new people to move in so i am happy to hear that not having roads will solve that. I will probably have story progression off. No firemen, no police...anything im missing

Wait, I'm not certain that no roads will lead to no new people in your town. It just so happen that when I tested it, I waited for a long time and no one moved into town. But maybe I didn't wait long enough? Not sure. You don't want anyone but your active Sim in the world?

You can get a fridge that looks like a medieval pantry at TSR for free. Just look under large appliances free section.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 12:17 AM
So that soves the food thig. I was thinking that i would populate it myself. You know make random people. Unless that wouldnt work...i dont se why not though. Anything else we are possibly forgetting
Field Researcher
#29 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 12:28 AM
So that soves the food thig. I was thinking that i would populate it myself. You know make random people. Unless that wouldnt work...i dont se why not though. Anything else we are possibly forgetting

That would work. Just make your own sims and move them into homes. I have yet to test and see if they could come to your house or go to a community lot without roads, though. I think they should be able to walk there. I think that's it! Well, except for the horse. We won't know if you can ride off road until you get Pets. I would imagine that they would be able to, but you'll never know. Have fun! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 12:41 AM
Awesome well if you do it please pm to tell me how its going. I think im gonna start a thread asking about any bare worlds
Mad Poster
#31 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Munchies
That would work. Just make your own sims and move them into homes. I have yet to test and see if they could come to your house or go to a community lot without roads, though. I think they should be able to walk there. I think that's it! Well, except for the horse. We won't know if you can ride off road until you get Pets. I would imagine that they would be able to, but you'll never know. Have fun! :D

Without roads and sidewalks sims do walk to community places but they might take strange paths which become even stranger if certain land features aren't painted as unroutable. Also, you don't get the service people that arrive by car. However, if you look in the Create area you'll find some CAW resources and you could have sidewalks at least, painted to look like dirt paths.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 2:17 AM
Yea that would be nice. Since it will be in medieval times i do not think i will need the services
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 6:40 PM
I am sorry..I meant SUBWAY stations, not taxis stands...silly me.

When I finally do this, I will use Twallan's mods and set no immigration or emigration and fill the world with my own sims...OR allow immigration at first but then go and change all the clothing of the sims to medieval. Hiders would be great but don't hold your breath for them. We medieval simmers are a small bunch and most modders work on things they want for their games, as it should be. This is what I had to do for my Sims 2 hood so it is not all that different..although of course once you had a bunch of townies, you didn't get new ones. I used to use a townie maker hack for sims 2. Now we just have to make them all in CAS but you could use the random button to make a bunch and then change their clothing. It is a long process but worth it in the end.

I am pretty sure worlds without roads will populate...I think I played an island one that didn't have roads and it worked fine.
Test Subject
#34 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 7:36 PM
Default My Medieval World exists
I have been playing my Sims 2 game (with EP's NL, UNI, SNS, & BV.. recently OFB) for about 2 years.

My entire world, known as Centurion Glade, is all medieval. From my daily newspaper, to my weekly bills, to the horse driven taxi cabs, medieval careers like Knight, Farmer, Peasant & Paladin and University studies like Chivalry, Mercantilism, Monastic Studies, etc.

Even the graduating gowns are medieval cloaks!

Over almost 2 years now I have downloaded more than 15,000 custom content objects and a handful of hacks including [no new NPC's] [NPC clothes changer] [Sims surgery: change faces, hair, etc] [medieval neighborhood roads][medieval neighborhood horse-ridden vehicles] [medieval school bus, taxi, gardener, repair etc] [medieval name generator]

Every little detail is important, and usually I don't spot out anything out of the ordinary, or I should say modernary, until I'm in game play mode. Then I fix it! If a sim walks onto a community lot in modern clothes, I write their name down. Then I go into my medieval my sims lot and use my Teleport Sim hack. That sim is then dressed accordingly from their daily attire to swimming to under garments, face and hair adjusted and sometimes I may toss a bow and arrow on them. All bartenders, cashiers, cooks, bellhop, headmaster, maid, college professors, etc are de-modernized for enjoyable medieval gameplay! No one gets passed me. :cylon:

Dinnerware is replaced with wooden dishes, newborn babies wear medieval clothing and uses medieval bottles, food being prepared has medieval food containers like sacks, pottery bowls and wooden spoons, even the fire dancer in BV is dressed like a medieval joker!

There is no one in any of my towns, schools or vacation spots, NPC or not, in modern attire. My vacation worlds are Nahara Desert (oriental), Pirate's Bay (beach) and Willow Wood Forest (mountain). Willow Wood Forest locals are all elves... ears, attire, one word names and all! Nahara Desert has Egyptian locals. They are the most glamorous, but not modern.

When Sims 2 Medieval came out, it was a straight kick to the face. I had been so dedicated to making my world fully and completely medieval, and now this!? Do you think I gave up all of that work to just buy this new and easy way out one? NOOOOO!

My friend, it is possible to have your 98% complete medieval world in The Sims 2 full of medieval markets, villages, farms, universities and more! People are still coming out with amazing creations for our medieval worlds, even objects derived and designed to match some of the Sims 2 Medieval world items. I actually have recently decided to contribute to the cause by building medieval homes, shops, guilds, etc and uploading them here for people to use! *coming soon*

You can do it! I can help.

Screenshots
Instructor
#35 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 7:38 PM
That's awesome! Now only if it were that easy for The Sims 3. =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Instructor
#36 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 8:57 PM
Mari Jo, I have been wanting someone to just compile everything medieval. Can you maybe email me or pm me a rar of everything? I can never find everything I need!

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Mari Jo, I have been wanting someone to just compile everything medieval. Can you maybe email me or pm me a rar of everything? I can never find everything I need!

I can certainly try. I'll create a detailed categorized post so ladies and lads can pick and choose what they need instead of having a massive (too big to upload) file. And people who have extra items can post their links or files in the comments!

It might take a day or two (or three) though, but I'm on it!
Theorist
#38 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:28 PM
I'm really jealous of your TS2 game by the way.
One day, one day...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#39 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:31 PM
One thing that could be helpful is the take the skin of the taxis and turn them into horse carriages. I am not sure if that will necessarily work, but I remember seeing something similar to that for the Sims 2.

Another problem would be the cellphone (as others pointed out). I am not sure how easy it would be to create a mod to disable the cell phone, but maybe there is a way to change the skin of the cell phone for when the sim uses it to something more medieval like.

@ mari jo,
If I still played Sims 2, I would be begging you to tell me what mods and content you used to make your game look like that. :p
Instructor
#40 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 11:39 PM
mari jo, I love you!

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#41 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
^^ Not completely sure, but I tried this a long time ago and I don't think it worked.
As far as I know it just removes it from view in CAS, however this may not be the case. Dunno.

There are two separate options, one for hiding things in CAS, and one for making them not available for random sim outfits. If "valid for random" is set to false, then townies won't wear them, and sims won't choose them randomly on growing up, but they will still show up in CAS for you to choose manually if you want, unless you also set them to be hidden.

Alternatively, you could take a look at Twallan's Dresser mod: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....ed-2011-jun-15/. It sounds like you could just set everything you don't want sims wearing to "invalid" in the tuning file and they will change into whatever other outfits are available.
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 12:39 AM
Default holy
mari jo your sims 2 is out standing
Eminence Grise
#43 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 12:44 AM
Granthes's V2 Launcher will let you arrange mods in groups, called "configurations". So you can have one group you use when you play your modern world, and a different group when you play your medieval world. It automates the process Tzerist described above.

It's in beta, so you'll want to read the available information carefully before using, but it can be found here: http://sims3.the-prof.net/Forums/in.../board,9.0.html

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
One thing that is unavoidable is that you would have to have a certain set of hacks/CC for medieval, and a different set of hacks/CC for modern play.
I've already thought of that
This means you can have medieval careers without them affecting your modern town.
Swapping different CC folders for different time periods would be worth it though in my opinion.
As long as you remember. :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mari jo
I can certainly try. I'll create a detailed categorized post so ladies and lads can pick and choose what they need instead of having a massive (too big to upload) file. And people who have extra items can post their links or files in the comments!

It might take a day or two (or three) though, but I'm on it!

Omg thankyou can you pm me. Hmmm can you have sims 2 and sims 3. I dont think u can but i might be wrong.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:02 AM
You cannot have sims 2 stuff in Sims 3. While it is lovely that Sims 2 can be all medieval, I am not sure why that is in this thread. I had a Sims 2 medieval world too but I find that the ability to recolor with CAS makes my world run so much smoother than having to have multiple colors of everything. Even with a nice computer, I had to limit my CC in Sims 2. In Sims 3, I don't.

Besides, the ability to watch your hood age with your main family is so cool! Much better for a Royal Kingdom challenge. I can't wait to start one.
Test Subject
#46 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by selwood
mari jo your sims 2 is out standing

Thank you, thank you. I cannot wait to show off more! Way too excited!

Eminence Grise
#47 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mari jo
Thank you, thank you. I cannot wait to show off more! Way too excited!

I'd agree that your hood is impressive, but would like to suggest that you should be sharing it in one of the Sims 2 discussion forums The question here was about TS3, and this is a TS3 forum.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
You cannot have sims 2 stuff in Sims 3. While it is lovely that Sims 2 can be all medieval, I am not sure why that is in this thread. I had a Sims 2 medieval world too but I find that the ability to recolor with CAS makes my world run so much smoother than having to have multiple colors of everything. Even with a nice computer, I had to limit my CC in Sims 2. In Sims 3, I don't.

Besides, the ability to watch your hood age with your main family is so cool! Much better for a Royal Kingdom challenge. I can't wait to start one.

I know you cant have cc for sims 2 in sims 3 haha. I was asking if you could have sims 2 and sims 3 on your computer. You couldnt have sims and sims 2 on your computer before.

Does anyone know of worlds that i could use for a medieval world?
Mad Poster
#49 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:33 AM
I think when pets comes out if someone finds a way to make pets availible for more towns then just the new one that comes with the ep, that i will be ble to use the horses as everyday transportation replacing cars.
I don't think this is right. I would be extremely surprised if pets were only available in the EA world that comes with the game. All EP and SP content is always available throughout the entire game, not just certain worlds (with the exception of things like the Late Night food truck which had to be enabled by modders).
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I'd agree that your hood is impressive, but would like to suggest that you should be sharing it in one of the Sims 2 discussion forums The question here was about TS3, and this is a TS3 forum.

Ooh. lol
Page 2 of 5