Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 1:47 AM
Heather--that is what I was thinking too (although I think more than just the baby's hunger motive should be affected). I don't have an interest in male breastfeeding, but wouldn't freak out over it as long as it's not autonomous. May be the way to go, as I'm not sure if you can make an action exclusively for one gender.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:14 AM Last edited by Heatherly84 : 5th Oct 2011 at 4:33 AM.
It could be restricted to mothers if the action was skill or trait dependent and only the mothers in the game had the trait or skill. (I have seen custom skills before, though not custom traits.)

ETA: Just to be clear, if it was trait-dependent (I'm reading a discussion Twallan, Pescado and a few others had on the fora a few months back discussing custom traits, so it seems they could be done), you would be able to add it to existing Sims (in theory) with a Midlife Crisis reward, or with MasterController's option to change traits.

So maybe a trait called something like Natural Parent, in the vein of Vegetarian, where the Sim would have a preference for doing things "the natural way"? It could also be given to guys so that birth-giving fathers could do this, if their players were interested.

Of course, I am just spit balling here, and probably making this way more complicated than it needs to be.
Theorist
#28 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heatherly84
I'm looking at the script modding tutorial (over here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ripting_Modding) and thinking about how the mod should work. As near as I can tell, what would have to happen is:

1) Adding a "Breastfeed" action to the menu that opens when you click on the baby.
1a) Somehow limiting that interaction to mothers, 'cause I think most of us would go O_O if fathers had a breastfeeding interaction. (Question: should they be able to do this autonomously?)
2) When the action is selected, the mother picks up the baby.
3) She and the baby pixelate to create the censorship blur effect.
4) The baby's hunger motive becomes fulfilled.
Optionally, 5) The baby and/or the mother get a positive moodlet from it.

Is that the general upshot of what everyone's looking for?

ETA: Actually, should there be a separate version for where same sex pregnancy has happened? (That is, thinking of it now, SHOULD a father be able to breastfeed if he was the one that gave birth?)

That's exactly the direction I'm going. Except in that 1 hour free time I had a few days ago I only managed to get number 1, 2, and 4 done.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
That's exactly the direction I'm going. Except in that 1 hour free time I had a few days ago I only managed to get number 1, 2, and 4 done.

Dude, that is COMPLETELY AWESOME.
Scholar
#30 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 11:58 PM
Yay! I can't wait for this to be released.
Instructor
#31 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 5:31 AM

Really??? You done it?

Forget about the pixelation. Just release it! I can't wait! :D

Do you use the animation from TSM?
Scholar
#32 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
Really??? You done it?

Forget about the pixelation. Just release it! I can't wait! :D

Do you use the animation from TSM?

Well, if they did it would be weird, like using tht toilet for example. They blur it out so you don't see what's not happening. You would just see the mom and the baby in her arms with the baby's hunger motive going up. Which to me would be creepy and/or confusing.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Theorist
#33 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 4:36 AM
The problem with censor blur is that the only available options are full body, full height, or lower body. There's no chest-only blur.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 5:25 AM
I read this from another thread http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=457215:
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I am the exact opposite of you.
I made the animations for children to play the piano in Milkshape, but since I am not great at making mods, it's just collecting dust in my folder. The best I can do with it is play it with the animation player.

Is it possible to make an animation of the baby sucking from the breast? It's going to be an awesome collaboration between animater+modder.
This is his great animation for Child Piano:
http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=457342
Scholar
#35 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:50 PM
The problem with censor blur is that the only available options are full body, full height, or lower body. There's no chest-only blur.

I guess full body would be better than nothing.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:57 AM
I agree. Full body would do me just fine.
Scholar
#37 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 4:15 PM
Yay, another problem fixed and one step closer to a finished mod.

Forum Resident
#38 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:25 PM
noxnoxnox,

If I can figure out how to export the toddler mesh and rig for Milkshape or Blender since at this current moment, no one has made one, I'll be more than happy to make the custom animation for it.

It seems like it will be one of the easier interactions to create, and it will also help me practice on getting into making more two person interactions. It may take me a few tries like I had to with the piano animation, but I'll still be more than happy to create it.
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:16 PM
Ahh I'm so excited for this! Is there going to be a baby-mother relationship gain? I think that makes sense. And a social need going up for both, bladder goes down... if that is possible. This is going to be so cool!
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 12:07 AM
noxnoxnox,

If I can figure out how to export the toddler mesh and rig for Milkshape or Blender since at this current moment, no one has made one, I'll be more than happy to make the custom animation for it.

It seems like it will be one of the easier interactions to create, and it will also help me practice on getting into making more two person interactions. It may take me a few tries like I had to with the piano animation, but I'll still be more than happy to create it.

Thank you!! Does this mean having both infant and toddler interactions? If so, AWESOME!
Forum Resident
#41 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mkiehn20
Thank you!! Does this mean having both infant and toddler interactions? If so, AWESOME!

No problem! I'm actually having fun creating the animations clips and have been wanting to make toddler interactions for a while.

Infant might be a little hard since it seems the game recognizes it as an object more than an actual sim. I can search through S3PE and see if there are infant interactions (I always skip the baby stage to go straight to toddler so I am not sure what interactions they have). I'll look through it tonight, and if I can't find anything, I'll ask in my thread in the Modding Forum to see if anyone knows if the infant has any animation or if it is just seen as an object.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 7:33 AM
No problem! I'm actually having fun creating the animations clips and have been wanting to make toddler interactions for a while.

oh my holy mother, birdyfly, your enthusiastic attitude is what we appreciate the most. There is quite a limit that EA set for us on the animation, so we'll totally understand if we can't have whatever we want I'm thrilled with the progression we have here.
There is still the matter of time to spend on creating and syncing everything though. Just can't wait
Forum Resident
#43 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 3:08 PM
Thank you for the kind words, noxnoxnox.

I feel awful that I still don't know how to mod, but I am more than happy to give modders the animation clips so they can have it for their mod. Once I have the toddler mesh and rig, I'll start working on the interaction for the breast feeding mod immediately.
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 4:30 PM
Birdyfly, I love you!!! I swear, if there's a breast-feeding mod, I will actually do the "Surrounded by Family" LTW just for the fun of breastfeeding so many kids (Except I'll cheat and put the lifespan really long for YA and A). And really, don't fret about not being able to mod - most modders can't make custom animations so we need you!!! So psyched for this!!!
Theorist
#45 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 5:03 PM
So here's the first version of the mod up for testing http://www.mediafire.com/?f8k72kjcwps7u88 It has some quirks though, like the Breastfeed option would only show up if the baby's on the floor. I guess this is because I based it from the pick up interaction. I tried to based it off the give bottle interaction but for some reason the action would just drop out of the queue. I haven't got the time to find out what's wrong with that so I used pick up interaction instead. Oh, and there's no animation, maybe it'd be great if birdfly could add an animation because I know some people hate censor blur.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 6:08 PM
I asked if someone would be nice enough to extract the toddler mesh for me in the meshing section here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...3&goto=lastpost

Fingers crossed that someone will answer. I'm thinking that it's slow in the modding and meshing forums due to people wanting to wait until Pets is released until they start to work on their mods so it will be updated for the Sims 3 Pets patch.
I am also trying to get my friend, who has been working with Blender, to help me out with creating animations for the community. He doesn't play the Sims 3, but he offered to help out so he can practice with Blender more.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#47 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 6:34 PM
OK, I'm tagging as found then.

Please create a thread in Modding if you guys want to continue discussing the download linked above for its initial Alpha testing, features and so on...

Interesting developments to say the least, I'll be tuning in.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: found
Page 2 of 2