Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bridgeport.world with Routing Fixes applied

by ellacharmed Posted 18th Aug 2011 at 4:44 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:54 AM by ellacharmed : compatibility with 1.26 note

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 9:11 PM
Hey, I get to be the first to express my gratitude for this download, I am not one to ask for things but I was hoping you would do this, so Thank you for doing the work on this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 5:44 PM
This is great! Thank you.

But I was wondering if this would still work with Generations and Town Life?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 3:06 AM
Uber awesome. Thank you for fixing all these.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 3:24 AM Last edited by brent13420 : 20th Aug 2011 at 3:25 AM. Reason: add info
@WarpedMinded "Compatible with all patch levels up to the current 1.24 (as of Jul 26, 2011)." As stated in the overview. This includes generations and town life.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 8:35 AM
Glad it helped, was kinda nervous with no replies, thought I has messed something up.

@WarpedMinded, yes those 2 packs work. I have them, guess I should go update my profile.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 3:30 PM
Thats typical of EA not to make sure the worlds are finished before releasing the game.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 4:05 PM
XD i must beh dumb or somethin but i see no diffrence lol
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 6:06 PM
Quote:
but i see no diffrence
Can't see the difference in the images in my post or in your game after placing the new .world file to replace the original?
If the former, I can't help you there. Perhaps new prescriptions?
If the latter, is this a new game or a pre-existing Save game?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 7:09 PM
Did someone notice one routable point near or on the snowy mountains on the upper-left corner of the map, unconvered by no-camera routing or no-sims routing ? It's very close to the landscape object.
I had a sim that ended up there somehow and tried to fix my own bridgeport map in CAW.

I'm going to post this on the forum
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 7:18 AM
I'll await your image, then shall I?

"upper-left corner of the map" when the map is orientated which way? Like in the map image in that thread? Does the area have a yellow dot? I don't put clusters of dots if there are more than one spot that was corrected, as that really obscured the whole area, especially if there are roads to check for, as well.

And there are some blank spots all along the edges in ALL the maps, which are not denoted at all as some maps do not allow zoom out, as it is too far to then see details.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 4:06 PM
The orientation in your map is this one.
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 6:11 PM
OK, thanks, Ekkii.
Here's the spot in CAW in original unfixed Bridgeport, with the map rotated 180°, so you get the view of the city from this side of the world.

I checked my Fixed version and it's gone, but the uploaded version still has it. So one of my Saves didn't "take". Because, some more spots that I know I struggled with is still unfixed in the Fixed copy on my system. So now I have to go back and checked all the maps over again.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:15 AM
Thanks for the hard work!! Side note: extracting the file from the archive is not smooth. The archive parts have the wrong number in the file name which creates a confusing extraction. Had the same issue with extracting Sunset Valley.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:12 PM
There seems to be a missing file in the download or something is corrupt as the CRC test always fails between part 1 and part 2. Looking at MTS's file download numbers, is there something missing? There's a gap in the numbering there.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 7:53 AM
@Spiralmind and steadypaws:

Did you remember to change the names of the downloaded zips first? I had no problems with Sunvalley and Bridgeport and then couldn't unzip WA........ then I realised I had not renamed the zip files as instructed on the overview page here:

How to install?

Download all parts of the world, and rename them to get rid of the "MTS_ellacharm3d_<numbers>_" portion. See Game Help:DFDD4 Download the File#Content with Multi-part files

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 8:31 AM
Problem with Extraction: what simcitizen said. Reread the Overview and the Wiki article, please.

CRC error: might be an interrupted download at your end or broken tubes in the Interwebz? Or you have some bad sectors in your HDD...Are you downloading multiple files at once or one at a time? How many times have you tried redownloading, and always get this same error? Perhaps save to a separate HDD or partition?
350 # of downloads at least and this is the first such issue, so I'm going to think it's not a universal one.

Non-sequential MTS's file download numbers: it is entirely possible that in the time I took to prepare my Download thread and upload 6 10MB files that others have uploaded and were done with their own Download threads.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 12:53 AM
Doh! *thunk to the head*

I should have seen that! Once renamed, they extracted since the base file names are different for each file which messes up the archive.

/sneaks out with head down
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 3:09 PM
Ignore all my rambling in the resource thread about road clipping and odd terrain. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong but replacing my efforts with this .world file has no issues at all. Cheers.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:29 PM
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 11:41 AM
Not sure if its been made clear or not (apologies if it has already been stated), but you need to rename the downloaded files to remove the random number stuff in the downloaded file name, as it tends to confuse the unpacker (ie. 7zip in my case) and report it as 'broken'
ie. MTS_ellacharm3d_1225357_Bridgeport.part01.rar -> MTS_ellacharm3d_Bridgeport.part1.rar

MTS_ellacharm3d_1225359_Bridgeport.part02.rar ->
MTS_ellacharm3d_Bridgeport.part02.rar

etc. etc.

Additionally, Steam sims 3 users (ie. me)
\steamapps\common\the sims 3\EP3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 3:03 PM
@legaltender,
yes, repeated upthread in post #16 and also stated in the "How to Install" instructions. 3rd time might help it sink in for others, thank you.
Thanks for the Steam path. Info added into the Wiki.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 10:48 PM
Does the fix work on pre-existing saves or only new games after putting the fix in? I still seem to be getting some lag but it is not a new Bridgeport, the other worlds all worked great but I started games after downloading thier fixes.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 3:25 PM
@Mandelyn: yes. Work on previous Saves, after putting fixes or using fixed .world. I also tested on some other Saves folks are sharing and the fixes show up just fine.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 2:45 PM
... so what are the purple dots on the map? You explain the red and yellow, but there seems to be far more purple.

Also, part 6 gives me a Forbidden HTML error, which of course makes the entire thing useless. Ever consider something other than a multipart?
Page 1 of 5