Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Upscaled' - <$150,000 - CrumbleTop Series #16

by lewjen Posted 21st Aug 2011 at 7:47 PM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 1:23 AM
lewjen, thanks for the great house. haven't used this one yet but I'm confident that it is as good (or better) than others you have built. As for Nightlife, I use the "moveobjects on" cheat to place the driveway (or a driveway extension). Once that is done I turn off the cheat and then place any car into the driveway ... it snaps right into place. You must have a driveway to put a car in play (unless you have a mod that overrides this). Thanks again for all your efforts.
Typical
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 1:33 AM
Thanks for the comment dms. Good to know that it should be good to use with NL - although, I assume it would be best to use an invisible recolour.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 1:39 AM
Lewjen, I so appreciate your nice comment about my lot, and now I can return the favor by saying that I really admire some of your original ideas such as the tile accent wall in the master and the wonderful cfe work on the outdoor bar!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 6:48 AM
hi, I am just a little curious to know exactly how you achieved the additional height as the roof. Did you use the indoor foundation tool?

this looks great!
Typical
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 11:59 AM
Hi cameron360 - I used a cheat called 'boolprop constrainFloorElevation false'. There are tutorials out there on how to use it; I'vejust done a quick search and found cokebuilder's tutorial on TS2 website, which unfortunately is down. But there are tutorials out there, but I think they're for TS3; the same principle applies, though!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 3:51 PM
thanks for the help
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 8:11 PM
This looks great, lewjen. I love the way you did the carport and angled the arch--thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 3:48 AM
i wnt this house... thx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 4:02 PM
thank you :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 11:59 AM
As you may have noticed, there is a carport at the front of the lot - to make this useable, I guess you could try turning the cheat 'moveobjects on' on, and then placing a car in the appropriate area. I have been unable to try that, as I do not own Night Life, so I do not know how this affects animations etc. Do this at your own risk.

So if I get you well (correct) : You never test your lots ingame before submitting them for upload ? Suggesting people to use at their own risk, what a show of disrespect for them.
Typical
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 12:07 PM
...No. What I said was that I was unable to test with Night Life. I do now own NL (as you may know if you've seen one of my uploads), however issues with my laptop's disk drive, and now external disk drive mean that I, once again, am unable to test *with Night Life*.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 11:18 AM
You should TEST and report of issues for downloaders. WE downloaders (not CC creators here - MTS are dumb I NEVER uploaded CC) are DUMB.So plse explain, just like Numenor spent many YEARS doing even for idiots like downloaders. Or MTS will go downhill and the Support thread is DEAD here most of time.

Thanks - newbie CC creator.
Typical
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 11:53 AM
Look, Liza495, how am I meant to test a feature of an EP that I do not own (or cannot use)? I have made a suggestion for what people could do, and also warned them that it is at their own risk. That is all that I can do.
I understand that there may be a bit of a language barrier, but why do you feel the need to suggest that downloaders are 'DUMB' or 'idiots'? They simply lack either time, ability, or creativity to create an object, career or anything else custom.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 4:42 PM
great house
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 1:09 AM
thank you