Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 2:57 PM
Firstly; my apologies for posting a new thread for this - oops!

Secondly, im in a bit of a pickle.
I dont earn a lot of money at all since I'm still a student, so get a new expansion like once a year or something crazy. So far I have base game and ambitions

I have been looking at pets which looks a whole lot of fun I must say, though my first thoughts were 'why the heck would I want this'
WA im avoiding since I don't care for bugs ect
Generations doesn't grab me at all
Late night - I'm unsure about this since I LOVE LOVE LOVE to have modern sims with modern houses and it seems it would add a lot of modern items and the like .. + the fact that most modern houses I want to download from MTS require that darn expansion pack *sob*

So basically I think I have narrowed it down between my love for the modern stuff, and my NEED for something new and fun to do in my game

Also if anyone is bored, could you point me in the direction of some nice modern homes that don't need late night? Please and thank you

x

Edit: or shall I wait on showtime?
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 3:41 PM
@Glopie: WA actually doesn't have that many bugs. I've never experienced a game breaking one before, but it does happen. If you like new places (you get three new "worlds" with WA), different cultures and exploring WA would be for you. The CAS items are okay.
Generations is really only good if you like playing with families, over-all I actually think it's pretty useless. The CAS items are crap.
Pets isn't as good as it seems. The animals are just as boring as they were in TS2, but the horses can be entertaining (or maybe it's just me because I'm a rider *shrugs*). Most of the CAS items are pretty cool though.
Late Night is buggier than WA, at least for me. Bridgeport loads terribly, the routing is annoying, and the sims are annoying (especially the paparazzi). Apartments are okay if you like living in a huge building by yourself. BUT the items in Late Night are, overall, amazing. I don't play Bridgeport at all but I use the items pretty often. Also, most of the CAS items are nice too.

Obviously all of this is just my opinion. So.
I would go for Late night.

What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?
Late Night is my favorite. As I said above, I don't really play with Bridgeport often. But I'm mostly a builder, and Late Night has some pretty cool items.
I'd say Pets and World Adventures are my least favorite. The items from WA aren't really my style and pets are pretty much useless. And annoying. ._.'

What is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why?
Outdoor Living Stuff. I like the style of the items.
Fast Lane Stuff is my least favorite. Some of the decorations are cool but I don't really like the cars.
Town Life Stuff is okay. I like the items but there isn't much to it.

If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?
Late Night
Ambitions
Generations
Outdoor Living Stuff
Pets
Town Life Stuff
World Adventures
Fast Lane Stuff

The ones not listed are ones I don't own obviously. ^^;

If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why?
World Adventures. I don't use many items from it and I rarely travel to new areas. Now if I could only live in one of those areas, I would probably use it more often...
Test Subject
#28 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 3:48 PM
Thanks for the reply Stardust

Its a shame to hear pets is somewhat boring. Looking at them again, I think the only thing drawing me to late night is the items which is a shame too :P
World adventures does sound fun in some ways, but I think thats an expansion for a later date
Generations is a no o :P

Thanks for the input again

One last question: Shall I go for a previous expansion now or wait on showtime?
Ta
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:14 PM
I really like Pets. I didn't like the idea of pets before, because I feel like having kids in the game is SO MUCH WORK and I thought that the pets would only add to that, but I really like it now. The horses are really fun, my fav thing in game is to have one spouse be a gardener and the other be a horseman/woman. Plus, for some reason, my fav decorating style in the game is rustic/western. (It's weird, because my real home isn't like that at all.) I really like having the dogs and cats go hunting too. You can make a lot of money doing that, and the dogs go collect pieces of statues and skeleton.

That being said, my favorite expansion is Ambitions.

My favorite is Ambitions because I really like the careers. I always thought it was boring that the sims go to work and everything fast forwards until they get home. Plus, who wouldn't want to be a ghost hunter? Also, my fav world by far is Twinbrook. I almost always play in that one.
I don't have a least favorite because I only own Ambitions, WA and Pets. If I think I won't like an expansion, I don't buy it. I'm thinking about buying Generations, but I'm not sure. Like I said, I feel like having kids is a lot of work so I don't usually have more than one or two. I still think it might be useful for those few kids though.

I don't have any stuff packs, but I think my favorite would be Town Life and my least favorite would be Fast Lane just because of what they have in them. If I want cars, I just download Fresh Prince's cars for free.

If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?
Ambitions
Pets
WA.
I don't dislike WA, I just feel like I'd miss it the least if I couldn't play it. I don't have any problems with it being buggy though, and I really like exploring the worlds. I have had it for a while though, and know the worlds and quests pretty well so I don't travel as much as I used to.

I guess WA if I HAD to, but I wouldn't want to remove any of them.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 10:37 AM
I honestly cannot imagine playing without any particular EP. I love Ambitions because I like being involved in my sims's careers. Horses are what has me hooked on Pets; it's build and buy objects are great, too (BARNS! :lovestruc ). Late Night makes it fun to take a group of sims out to a bar or throw a party at a club. I love the vacation destinations of WA, particularly China and the world objects and martial arts are must-haves. I don't play legacy families but sometimes I enjoy a more family oriented play style. That's when I can't do without Generations and its canes.

So my favorite is Ambitions and least favorite is Generations. I only have HELS and I like all of the stuff in it.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:49 AM
I don't know if this the right thread to post but,
Is Showtime Expansion is worth buying? I see lot of previous sims item, like karaoke, photobooth, DJ and I really miss those item...
And is Starlight shore has lot of empty lot to place the Late Night club?

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#32 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 7:11 PM
Most favorite: Probably would be either Late Night or Generations. I know they are completely different but I like a lot of the things introduced in Late Night (apartments, instruments, bars, etc) but I really like a lot of the interactions with Generations (bachelor/ette parties, weddings things, new interactions with families). I tend to play fairly family-oriented sims.

As a caveat, I actually do like Showtime. Sure, I could do without the social features. Sure, the singing is rather strange regarding pitch and tone but, who cares? It's still a game after all. I enjoy making arcades so that Hangouts actually have a purpose. I like having a karaoke machine that my sims can go nuts on. Starlight Shores isn't great but when you take Showtime and Late Night and work them together, it becomes pretty awesome. (EA should have done this as a combined EP, imo, but this is a 'what I like' thread, not a 'woulda-shoulda-coulda thread').

Least Favorite: World Adventures or Pets. I never, ever send my sims on vacation (am not really interested in the places) and always decline all opportunities related to traveling. Some of the objects are nice but I could do without. Pets is okay but the animals tend to have a social meter that drops like a meteor and it irks me. I typically just let them do what they want and cheat their social needs back up. I, in no way, should have to spend 8 sim hours a day with a pet to keep the social worker at bay.

I only have 2 SPs and only got them because they were free. I don't use too much of them so I can say that I could do without any. Not much help on this one.

Late Night/Generations (tied, imo)
Showtime/Ambitions (also tied)
Pets
World Adventures

As I explained previously, WA holds almost no appeal to me. I like some of the objects so I keep it around but if it comes down to a "need to get rid of" scenario, WA will be the first to go.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 7:31 PM
-Most Favorite: Probably Pets or Ambitions. Pets offers, well, pets, which is a nice addition to a family. Ambitions careers are a lot of fun and Inventors/Time Travel is really fun to me. :D
-Least Favorite: World Adventures. I really liked it at first, but its still WAY too buggy and not worth the trouble to travel around anymore. The newness wore off, and I dislike redoing tombs. Not many of the items are very good either. I have still yet to 'finish' the expansion, because I get 3/4th the way through and my sim becomes corrupted or something crazy happens.

- I don't have any of the stuff packs, I really don't see any of them worth the money imo. Especially since they offer nice item packs through their online store.

-Pets, Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, Late Night, World Adventures.

- World Adventures, compared to everything they offer in the other ones, its the most out of place. And the more patches Sims 3 gets the worse it breaks.
Late Night isn't too high on my like list either, just because of celebrity status and Vampirism, being a serious plague in the game (all the town being a vampire except you is just..depressing).
Theorist
#34 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 9:23 PM
I don't have a most favourite/least favourite expansion pack. I have WA, AMB, LN and GEN and I like them all equally. Unlike TS2 nothing here stands out to me more than the other... so far

As I have yet to buy any Stuff Pack, I can't honestly answer this question yet.

Late Night
Ambitions
Generations
World Adventures

If I had to remove one, it would probably be WA since once all my sims travel to all 3 destinations, get Level 3 Visas and buy a vacation home, there's really not much to do there other than the "prestige" if you will of having to say "My sims own vacation homes in all 3 WA destinations".

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#35 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 9:15 PM
Default Pets seems pointless?
So far, the only EP I've bought is generations. I got a stuff pack free with that one at the game stop in my town, so I took it. Anyway, I've read the thread, and it looks like for my interest, I'm going to want Ambitions or Late Night next. Then maybe WA? Not sure, need to look into them a bit more.

My first question: Is there something super cool that I'm not seeing here about pets? To me, it looks pretty pointless...maybe the pet aspect just doesn't interest me as much, but I don't think I'd be happy paying 30 bucks for an EP just to find out all I can do now is have a pet, PLUS the cc is crap. But, it seems to be really popular..so, am I missing something? If so, what the heck is it?

Also, while I'm here...I've read the thread and like I said, I see most people like ambitions or late night, if not WA. I'll take WA when I have more money, but the traveling aspect isn't that appealing to me; if that's really all that it adds, I don't think I'll be that satisfied (again, maybe I'm missing something here, so correct me if I'm wrong, please! ). So now, I'm ready to get another EP, and trying to decide between Ambitions and Late Night. Can anyone compare and contrast those two for me? I like the idea of getting to be more involved with my sim's work life...but again, I don't know if I'll be that satisfied if there's not much to it. I'm thinking I'm going to go with Late Night, because it seems like most say it's the best, in terms of both game play and custom content. But again, I want to make sure I'm not missing something...am I going to get Late Night and then hate myself for it because it sucks?

Maybe I just need to pick one out of a hat; I'm sure next time I have more money I'll get another one, and then another, so it doesn't really matter which one I get first. But, since EA likes to charge as much for an EP as they do for the game itself - and I'm a broke college student - it needs to be worth my moneys, you know?
Mad Poster
#36 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alygator08
My first question: Is there something super cool that I'm not seeing here about pets? To me, it looks pretty pointless...maybe the pet aspect just doesn't interest me as much, but I don't think I'd be happy paying 30 bucks for an EP just to find out all I can do now is have a pet,
If you are not into the whole pet thing then pets doesn't bring much to the game. As an EP, I do say the pets expansion is much more satisfying then it' TS2 equivalent. There are more pets, and more interactions with pets.

Quote:
PLUS the cc is crap.
Not sure what you mean by this. Pets did break CC because stuff needed to be updates so pets can use it. not sure do things break if you don't get pets, jut update via the patch.

Quote:
But, it seems to be really popular..so, am I missing something? If so, what the heck is it?
You are missing the love for pets. Many people have been waiting to have pets for so long, that's why it's so popular. But it's not for every player.

Quote:
Also, while I'm here...I've read the thread and like I said, I see most people like ambitions or late night, if not WA. I'll take WA when I have more money, but the traveling aspect isn't that appealing to me; if that's really all that it adds, I don't think I'll be that satisfied (again, maybe I'm missing something here, so correct me if I'm wrong, please! ).
If you get WA, you should definately get Twallan's traveller mod. I don't understand why EA didn't make it possible to travel anywehre. But they didn't. My Sims live in a very small town. Combine WA with the traveller mod and I've had so much fun sending my Sims to new user created worlds to discover. WA also came with tombs which I think are fun to discover, but what is even more fun than the EA tombs are user made tombs. They don't fit every story line, but they can be a lot of fun. I had my private detective Sim travel to jericho to disocver secrets in the world. I also had one criminal guy "break in" one mansion (tomb built as mansion). The use made ones can be so very fun to do because they are not as straight forwards as the EA ones. you actually have to think.

Quote:
So now, I'm ready to get another EP, and trying to decide between Ambitions and Late Night.
Which one to get depens on what you want to do. If you want to do more hand-on jobs with your sim, then ambition, but if you want to have a more lively town, then LN. The Ambition professions can be a bit tiring, and they do end up being tiring after a while, but they are also fun and you also get laundry, which is my favourite aspect of the whole EP.
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:14 AM
Ahhh. First of all-thanks! You have enlightened me.

Oh, and what I meant when I said the cc is crap is that I've read that the cc that comes with Pets isn't all that great, and the cc in other eps is better. But, I suppose that's actually getting to be a non issue since I can just download all sorts of clothes and hairs and objects and other stuffs I want anyways.

I definitely see the appeal in Pets, don't get me wrong. I just don't know if it appeals to me enough to buy it right away. I've looked at some more stuff about it though, and I think I'm coming around.

Now, you've changed my mind on WA. I've got a few tuning mods for my game and I download clothes and such from here and there, but I haven't tried using a core mod yet, and I'm still a little new to using mods. Therefore, the thought of modding the EP never even occurred to me The aspect of going into user created worlds and stuffs seems super appealing. I think I might just go with WA before any others...it's so hard to decide though! I'm just going to get them all- the bills don't really need to be payed, do they?

It's easier to decide which one to buy if there are some that I don't even want...but if I want them all I can't figure out which one to get first!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:31 AM

My most favourite would have to be Late Night, because it captured my attention - it had SO much to offer and just made the game feel fresh and exciting. It brought me in. The bartending aspect of it, the sound effects in apartments, the billboards . . . it was just so complete, man. I also liked Generations and Pets.

My least favourite has to be . . . oh, God, tie between Ambitions and Showtime, but Ambitions as a whole because I can't say much for SHT as it screwed my game's patch levels over and refused to properly uninstall (or run, for that matter). Ambitions never really gave me any sort of "oh, this is new" feel to it because it just seemed very weak and focussed on stuff that I really didn't care about - careers. I hated the RPG elements of it and it just wasn't worth the time. WA was okay, but I never took much use out of it because it screwed up my save games.

That's a damn toughie. I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that Outdoor Living was my favourite stuff pack, because everything in it has a purpose. Minus that damn lemonade. I adored the objects that came with it and it just seemed complete. I also liked Town Life Stuff but it lacked in "fresh factor."

My least? That's an easy one. Definitely, without a doubt, High-End Loft Stuff. I'm not one to play for modern aesthetics and this had no real place in my game at the time World Adventures was the only expansion pack. No. Just no.

Best to worst.

Late Night
Pets
Generations
World Adventures
Ambitions
Showtime

Outdoor Living Stuff
Town Life Stuff
Master Suite Stuff
Fast Lane Stuff
High-End Loft Stuff

Showtime, WA and Ambitions are tied for this one. Why? Because they pose no use to my style of play. Oh, and they each screwed up my patch levels on their respective launch dates.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#39 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 5:22 AM Last edited by Misanthrope : 24th Mar 2012 at 5:37 AM.
LATE NIGHT -----------------------------
Positive:
- City life was a refreshing change from the suburban area. Bridgeport is really beautiful at night.
- Vampires are fun to play. ( It does feel a bit like cheating, since they are so much better than everyone else).
- Clubs are fun to visit. New instruments are great.
- Butlers! They are great, but glitchy. And cook too much.

Negative:
- Penthouse apartments are really tiny, and are not suitable for larger families.
- Waiting for the elevator can be annoying. Getting in and out of buildings can take a while.
- Mods become a necessity. Celebrities and vampires spawn too quickly. (I'm not sure if EA has fixed this, as I haven't actually played TS3 in a while).
- Paparazzi can be annoying. Your celebrity sims will often stop whatever they are doing to sign autographs.
- Living in Bridgeport is a pain in the ass if your computer cannot handle it. I used to play it on my crappy laptop and the game lagged like hell. Clubs were empty, and queuing for the elevators took forever. I've since gotten a new computer and LN became SO much more enjoyable.

^Despite its faults, this is the expansion that I enjoyed the most.

AMBITIONS --------------------------
Positive
- Sculpting and inventing were fun. You can have an entire house filled with ICE FURNITURE! How cool is that? You have ice tables and ice chairs! And even ice toilets! I haven't unlocked all the designs, though. I wish there was a mod for it.
- The self-employment option, while a bit meaningless, is a bit nice for keeping track of the money you've made through skills.
- Stylist career! I enjoyed it, simply for the fact that I can make-over all the ugly townies. (But you can also do edit in CAS, so there is little point in this).
- The new professions are fun to play... at first.

Negative
- Perhaps I'm just a lazy person, but I prefer rabbitholes. People whine and bitch about them, but I think that they are a necessary evil. Controlling multiple sims while on-the-job is a nightmare. There are days where I'm feeling lazy, and I just want to send my sims into a rabbithole for a few hours and collect the money afterwards. Instead now, I would actually have to work. Ugh.
- Professions can seem repetitive after a while. I prefer rabbit hole careers.
- I didn't care much for simbots. I just wanted a man-slave go around and clean my house for free. Instead, simbots have needs much like regular sims. They are too much like regular sims, so I didn't really understand the point. I mean, they're just weirder and uglier.

WORLD ADVENTURES ------------------------
Positive:
- I really liked the objects and worlds that came along with it. It's great if you are a builder.
- Nectar-making was a nice addition to my game. I enjoyed having large vineyards and wine cellars. I once built a giant basement (it was more like multi-chamber dungeon) just to store my hundreds of bottles of wine. I had a bunch of field workers to farm and harvest the crops. Then I built like a factory to produce the nectar. Ah, good times. But this is just my personal taste.

Negative:
- WA has little replay value. The puzzles are too simplistic, and once you've completed a tomb there's no point in doing it again.
- I prefer a more sandbox style of gameplay, and WA felt to "quest-like" for me. There are always objectives for "go here," "talk to this person," and "do that."
- The vacation places are glitchy. This is probably the buggiest expansion.
- Who wants to be a mummy anyway?

^ If you are a casual player whose sims mostly stay around the house, WA offers the least in terms of gameplay.

I have all the expansion packs, but the last time where I've actually "played" the game was around August of 2011? I didn't play much of the last three expansions. My quick opinion, for what it's worth.

PETS -------------------------
- Animals were a nice addition to the game. But I don't care much for pets to be honest. They're kind of useless.
- Laggiest expansion I've had. Maybe it's just my computer.
- Stray animals are kind of annoying. Goddamnit, stop knocking over my trash cans!

GENERATIONS --------------------------------
- I hate kids. This expansion was worth it, simply for the fact that I can ship all my kids off to boarding school and don't have to deal with them. ( Parent of the Year Award! ).
- This was the expansion that introduced the omniscient relationship reputation-meter. Seriously, fuck off, EA. I'll have 50 illegitimate children if I want to! Mostly, I just have a problem with how relationships work in TS3. You kiss someone once, and suddenly you're together. You kiss someone else, and suddenly whole town knows. My male sims are all man-whores, so this is troublesome.
- Generations offered the most for families and typical simmers. It's just not for me. ( I usually send my kids off somewhere, and kill all the old people).

SHOWTIME -----------------------------------
- Like ambitions, I did not care much for the new professions.
- I only got this expansion so I can have genie-babies. But my game is buggy and that didn't work out >__>
- Starlight shores is like the poor man's version of Bridgeport.

MY RANKING ---------------------------------
Late Night > Pets > World Adventures > Ambitions > Generations > Showtime

I mostly use TS3 for picture-taking now. I don't actually play much of the game.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 5:37 AM
I am most likely going to get a good spanking for this post.

What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?: My favorite expansion has to be Ambitions which I sadly do not have on this computer anymore. I love how many new additions and careers were added. My least favorite would be pets. I find the new pets so annoying, and this comes from an animal lover.

What is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why?: I love Master Suite Stuff because of all the new underwear. I dislike Fast Lane stuff as I don't really like cars.

If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?: From greatest to worst: Ambitions; Showtime; Generations; Late Night; Pets; World Adventure

If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why?: Pets, so I wont be annoyed.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 6:10 PM
My favorite is Pets. It is definitely the most useful. The others that I had were fun for a little while, but got boring quickly. Pets really adds to the everyday life of Sims. Even if you dont want a pet, theres more to do. The rural atmosphere in the new neighborhood is great. I love the new neighborhood! Its adorable! My least favorite is probably ambitions, it was kind of fun, but after like 2 days, I didn't even use any of the new features.
Scholar
#42 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 2:31 PM

I most love Ambitions with mods to fix some borked stuff. I love most of the professions (except for Architect, and that's only because in RL, I suck at building and designing stuff. It's not the sims' faults that they constantly get low scores.) I love sculpting and inventing so much. I love the junk yards. And with mods to stop sims from constantly freaking out, I love the simbots. Best expansion ever IMHO.

I like Generations. I do wish there was MORE to it, but I like and frequently use what was there. I like the potion bench, though I wish it worked slightly differently. I hated the imaginary friends until I downloaded a mod here that made them much more rare. 50% was way too high. When the odds of a baby getting one are only 5%, it seems more magical and special to get one.

WA - I know it gets a lot of flack, but I love the flavor it adds. I love the music, the build and buy items and the richness it adds. I haven't done much exploring yet, but I do like travel. I wish that there was a way to reset the puzzles though. I was mad as hell when I did some exploring on my own and discovered that I "broke" China because I explored the first tomb, so I couldn't do the adventure chains at all and only god "bring me 5 relics and 4 gems" quests. It's also good to note that if you dream of downloading custom lots and worlds, WA is almost mandatory. Go through this site and try to look up custom worlds that don't require WA. Yeah.. there's like one page. This is the whole reason I bought WA even though it got bad reviews here and people said it wasn't worth getting. Get this if you want to do anything at all with custom worlds or custom lots. You NEED this for that.

I don't much get into Late Night. Mostly because IRL, I HATE HATE HATE vampires. I find the whole mythos annoying. I also hate bars and clubs IRL. I don't like apartments because I play legacy style and you can't add onto them except through massive cheats and mods that I am not smart enough to work. I was all excited seeing Bridgeport in pictures, but it didn't run on my game for diddly. I do like the instruments - except that without mods, you still need the guitar to be a musician in the rabbit hole job. And I don't get how gigs work well enough to have a band that I don't have to micromanage. This had so much potential but it flopped.

Pets gets a big "meh" from me. It's weird because I love animals, and yet in all three sims games, I've never gotten into the pets. I have no idea why, but they just don't do it for me. I also hate Pets in combination with Late Night. FIrst thing that happened when I fired up Bridgeport -- my sim was living in an apartment and the doorbell rang. I went to see who it was, and it was this freako cat all stretched out because it was ringing the doorbell. Really? They didn't bother to make it impossible for pets to ring the stupid doorbell in apartments?

Showtime disappoints me because it seems like there was a huge lack of effort. Starlight shores doesn't run for me. The singer career doesn't require any skill at all and unlike TS1 and TS2, you don't actually improve your singing as you progress -- you just get more songs that you sing perfectly when you know them. I haven't had enough interest in the other professions to bother. The lack of having any synergy with Late Night make it so meh. I think it was accidentally put on sale at Amazon one day because I got it for 19.99. It was barely worth it. I can't imagine paying full price for it. It also has some of the UGLIEST hair and outfits you will ever see. I have lots of townies with bad 1980s mall bangs walking around in stripper clothes.

---

As for the stuff packs, I only have 2. (Town life and High End Loft Stuff) I bought them at the same time for 6 bucks a pop and for the most part, they are about the same. EXCEPT HELS comes with the fish tank. This is awesome. Why pets didn't come with one of these is beyond me. Get HELS for the fish tank or go to the TS3 store and buy one. Fish suddenly seem like reasonable things to have as pets.
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 6:28 PM Last edited by BlackCherry1985 : 22nd Jun 2012 at 6:59 AM. Reason: Changed my mind. Which expanion would I remove? PETS! It made Sims 3 laggy from the beginning. Anyway cats and dogs are annoying.
Default Hmm

Favourite I think Late Night and Showtime for me. Least favourite would be World Adventures and Pets. I use WA the least except some of the items. Pets because it's annoying. They block the way or stop sims from interact.

- Mastersuite
- Outdoor Living
- Town Life
- High-End Loft
- Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
- Diesel (Probably)
- Fast Lane

Mastersuite has some nice hair styles.

- Late Night
- Showtime
- Ambitions
- Generations
- Pets
- World Adventures

I thought I had to recently but I have enough space! It would be Pets.
Scholar
#44 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 6:55 PM
What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?:
Hands down, for me: Late Night. I think it was a game changer and finally added life to the community lot, whether you play Bridgeport or especially if you don't. With Late Night, suddenly you could begin to build the type of community lots that interests you, and you had tools to attract sims to do something on that lot. Subways, elevators, apartments, hot tubs, vampires, circular pools, pools on any level, bars and bands... what's not to love?

Least favorite: Generations
While I like the chemistry table, the spring ride toys and the treehouse, there's just not enough in this expansion pack. It falls flat for me.

Most favorite stuff pack would be tied between Outdoor Living and Town Life-- I love any sort of water feature and particularly the fountain/hot tub pair that came with Outdoor Living. Town Life, because I mainly build in a modern contemporary style and EA mostly builds (rabbitholes) in a quaint, small town style. Finally, a school, bistro and grocery that fit my sort of town. Didn't care too much for EA's laundromat, library or gym though.

Least favorite stuff pack: Since Sweet Treats is just so much foolishness, I'm not even going to rate. So, Mastersuite would be my least favorite stuff pack. I didn't even bother getting it. I think the community has produced far better, particulary in this area. EA, I think, needs to play to their strength -- provide more of the things the community doesn't produce.

Late Night
Showtime (hey! surprised me too!)
Pets
Ambitions
World Adventures
Generations

Outdoor Living
Town Life
HighEnd Loft
Fast Lane
Mastersuite
Sweet Treats

Edited because I forgot, if I had to remove an expansion, it would have to be Generations.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:22 PM
Well I would very much like to get WA, I like the travelling aspect and the mummies but I heard a lot of negative feedback about it, like it makes your game lag more than normal and may cause freezes (only freezes that last a few seconds though, like the game hanging for a few seconds every now and then), don't know if those rumors are true though, or in what respect and to what degree they are true.

I have to mention that my computer by far exceeds the min. game requirements, but still.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkhorus
Well I would very much like to get WA, I like the travelling aspect and the mummies but I heard a lot of negative feedback about it, like it makes your game lag more than normal and may cause freezes (only freezes that last a few seconds though, like the game hanging for a few seconds every now and then), don't know if those rumors are true though, or in what respect and to what degree they are true.

I have to mention that my computer by far exceeds the min. game requirements, but still.

I don't have WA on this computer because I lost it somewhere at my dad's house, but when I did have it, the lag wasn't bad and it was actually a lot of fun and I'm dying to get it from my dad's cause I really need to send some sims on vacation. The game adds so much compared to other EPs, I mean it has 3 whole entire worlds (although it sucks that you can only go as a "guest", I have some sims that would be perfect in France) with sims and missions and new things in buy mode and build.
I'd definitely get WA if I were you, it was a lot of fun for me. Definitely a lot more fun than Bon Voyage because you get missions and you get to explore tombs and you can buy this cute little scooter and a shower in a can, but in BV really all you did was go to beaches and buy souvenirs.
Also, if you ever plan on downloading a new world or a house, you're probably going to need WA. I have about 3 worlds bookmarked for when I install World Adventures on this computer so I can finally download them.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 7:17 AM
What is your most favorite/least favorite expansion pack, and why?
Most: Ambitions; I really enjoy the added career options. Runner up: Generations, but only because it added some interactions that should have been part of the game at the start.
Least: Toss-up between Late Night and Pets. (I did not buy SHT). Neither Late Night nor Pets actually add anything that I enjoy.

What is your most favorite/least favorite stuff pack, and why?
Most: Town Life; primarily for the new rabbitholes, especially the school (lame rationalizatin, I guess, but I also really like the Dr. Pepper theater and stadium, so maybe I'm a sucker for new rabbitholes.)
Least: Master Suite, which is why I did not buy that POS.

Expansions: Ambitions, Generations, World Adventures, Late Night, Pets, SHT
Stuffs: Town Life, Outdoor Living, High End Loft, Fast Lane, Master Suite, Katy Perry Gag Me With A Spoon/Diesel.

I already uninstalled Pets and Late Night, and have no interest in buying SHT.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 7:16 PM
It would definitely be late night. Even though I don't use Bridgeport often, I love the clubs!
Least fave would have to be World Adventures. I played this for about 2 days before it got boring and repetitive to me.

Most : Master Suite Stuff. I spend hours in create-a-sim and this just made it longer!
Town Life Stuff, but that's just because I'm not really a world modifier (unless its modifying the parks. Like seriously, why are none of the park equipped with things for the toddlers to use?)

Late Night
Ambitions
Generations
Showtime
Pets
World Adventures

I would probably remove WA. I really wish I could just use it as a vacation place for my sims.
Instructor
#49 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkhorus

Personally, I LOVE WA. I wouldn't play without it. It is very buggy, but that's because in terms of content, it actually is the most complicated. The dungeons and different world you can travel to add so much to the game, but leave more chances for bugs. Still, I am always making explorer sims and have so much fun there. It's my favorite expansion pack by far. No other expansion has come close in terms of actual content and gameplay. So many quests and places to explore and easter eggs. It's awesome.

My least favorite expansion is Showtime. I really gave it a chance, but to date Showtime is the only expansion pack I could uninstall and not miss for a second. I tried a singer, acrobat, and magician, and found all three professions to be exceedingly irritating to manage. Some of the objects are nice, but whatever. It's a huge letdown. If I had to remove an expansion, this would be it, and it wouldn't change my game at all. I mean, the fricking NPCs don't even manage their own careers.

As for stuff packs, my favorite is High-End Loft stuff. The items are just classy and look really nice in my houses. I don't own the Katy Perry Stuff Pack, and that's for a reason - who wants an entire neighborhood full of ice cream and crap? So I would list it as my least favorite.

Ranking Expansions: World Adventures, Pets, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime.

Stuff Packs: High-End Loft Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, Town Life Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry's Candy Crap Stuff
Scholar
#50 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 6:04 AM
This is weird because I just answered this, and my opinions changed - so I thought I'd re-answer.

AMB - This is my most favorite and most used. I play everything on it except Architect - and that's only because I'm really bad at decorating and the LTW is almost impossible.

WA - I love the artwork and beauty in this one. I use the build stuff all the time. For me, this is one EP I can't live without, but mostly because i use custom worlds and I have seen only a handful of custom worlds that don't use WA. I love the music stations too. Not for a long time, but it spices things up. I also like the tourists in the worlds. Actually, I think most of what I like about this EP is what Twallan has done to fix it. I love sending my sims to custom world vacations with Traveller.

Showtime - This thing is growing on me. I like the acrobat and magician careers. They are cute. I don't use the simport at all. I never use the singing career because I still hate how they did it.

Pets - not really into the animals, but I like some of the small pets. And to be really snarky - Pets give nice spawners - A broke sim can make a decent living catching and selling snakes.

Generations - It's kind of .. there. I like some aspects, but to be honest, I don't have much positive or negative (except for the #$#@$#@ PRANKS my stupid teens autonomously do all the #$#@$@# time)

Late Night - Still hating this one. The big buildings crash. Twallan and Shimrod's mods have made it slightly more fun because I'll see townies doing stuff but except for the instruments, I don't really use this -and I rarely use the instruments. I kind of like mixology, but not enough to do it often.

Stuff packs:

HELS - fishtank. You've GOT to have the fishtank. Love the fishtank. Get a mod that lets you have more than 6 fish in it. There are other pretty things in this pack, but the fish tank is the best.
Fast Lane - There is no Mac digital download available on Amazon so I can't buy it for 6 bucks, like I did the other ones. I want this one because there is a steampunk world that uses this and I can't get the world to open up because I don't have it. I am asking for it for Christmas.
Master Suite - Love those hairstyles and the sexay boudoire stuff.

-
Diesel - I am an old person and don't know what this Diesel stuff is. Is it what all the hip cool daddios are wearing?
Katy Perry's - Yikes no.
Townlife/Outdoor living - I bought these at the same time (six bucks - digital download on amazon) and I can't tell them apart. I think I use them a lot..
Page 2 of 10