Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Community Lots - Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding

by The Merrye Makers Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 5:13 PM - Updated 2nd Feb 2012 at 12:21 AM by The Merrye Makers

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:33 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 17th Oct 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Default Chipping Simsburg (with Supermarket and Bookstore Rabbit Holes)
Everyone in Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding looked forward to the weekly town markets when goods were sold or traded. At the market, they bought vegetables, live animals, clothing, cutlery, and household goods. Any born salesman could take his goods to sell them at the market, but had to pay simoleons to stand in the square with them displayed upon the ground. Richer tradesmen set up stalls. The King encouraged the growth of towns and trade as they were a major source of royal revenue. The annual “All Sims Day” faire gave the King’s subjects the chance to shop and enjoy themselves. Merchants from all over came to buy and sell their goods at the faire. Rich and poor attended the faire to see the jugglers, fire-eaters, sword-swallowers, acrobats, stilt-walkers, buffoons and musicians; gamble on cockfights, wrestlers, and tournaments; and drink fyne nectar. Kleptomaniacs waited until dusk for the opportunity to swipe things and hoped to find tradesmen with bulging purses sleeping so heavily they didn’t notice when their purses were slipped out from under guarding hands.

Medieval style market Community Lot with hidden basement Supermarket and Bookstore Rabbit Holes. "Chipping" was a Saxon verb meaning "to buy". Sims enter the Rabbit Holes via a staircase in one building at the market. Buildings include chemistry lab station, bathroom with tub, and dining area. Made by SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.

30x30 lot. No CC or Store items used. Furnished: §55,334; unfurnished: §45,756.

My Sims 3 game and all expansions are patched to the latest versions (Sims 3 = 1.24.3.012001; Generations = 8.0.152.011001). I have all expansion packs (WA, AMB, LN, & GEN) plus the HELS pack (no items used from HELS).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:43 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 16th Dec 2011 at 4:42 AM. Reason: Llama's Head Eatery and Inn (with Diner Rabbit Hole)
Default Llama's Head Eatery and Inn (with Diner Rabbit Hole)
The Llama’s Head was a substantial building of several rooms with a generous cellar providing both a drinking house and inn. Its sign advertised its presence to potential customers. Ambitious tavern owner Bitters Cordial sold not only nectar at the Llama’s Head but also other fyne liquors. His lodgings were known as the most exceptional in the land. A good sense of humor served Bitters well when nectarized patrons at the Llama’s Head said and did inappropriate things. However, his wife, Absinthe, had no sense of humor at all. Village gossip was that she disliked everyone, even children.

Eatery / Tavern Community Lot with hidden basement Diner Rabbit Hole. Has dining room for tasting/buying nectar, kitchen with garden, latrine, and bathtub room downstairs; sitting room / library with professional mixology bar (spawns mixologist), 1 double room, and 2 single rooms upstairs. Made by SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.

30x20 lot. No CC. Floor lamp, living room chair, loveseat, dining chair, and trunk used from the Castle Interior set at The Store: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...ategoryId=12857. Free Ivy Tower from The Store also used: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...=OFB-SIM3:21368. Furnished: §62,609; unfurnished §40,420.

My Sims 3 game and all expansions are patched to the latest versions (Sims 3 = 1.24.3.012001; Generations = 8.0.152.011001). I have all expansion packs (WA, AMB, LN, & GEN) plus the HELS pack (no items used from HELS).
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:53 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 14th Dec 2011 at 8:26 AM.
Default Ye Olde Fishing Hole (Fishing Spot)
Community Lot (Fishing Spot) with working waterfall. It has fish, bug, butterfly, and metal spawners; a fire pit; and male/female restrooms. Made by SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.

30x30 lot. No CC or Store items used. Furnished: §19,954; unfurnished §12,506.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:03 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 4th Dec 2011 at 2:15 AM.
Default Life Fruit Garden and Herbery (Big Park)
Most every manor, abbey, and great estate in Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding had utilitarian gardens, farm fields, and woods or vineyards/orchards for those with green thumbs in addition to some sort of pleasure garden to delight the senses of those who loved the outdoors. Vegetarians viewed them with awe. Gardens, large or small, were always enclosed. They generally included a water feature such as a pool, fountain, stream, or water-toy which was avoided by those who were hydrophobic. Garden structures included vine covered walks, banquet houses, or grottos. Labyrinths or mazes were popular. Statuary, such as fountains or statues, graced some gardens. Statues produced by savvy sculptors were in the form of people, mythical animals, birds, horses, and, occasionally, cherubic infants, medusas, or heraldic beasts. Such displays were best avoided by those who couldn’t stand art. Fashionable gardens included embroidery-type knots or pattern-work laid out in plants or colored stones or tiles. Large garden parks of the very rich and snobby often included multiple structures, many water features, and might even be stocked with wild beasts.

Formal medieval style garden Community Lot (Big Park) with swimming pool, gardens, fire pit, easels, chess sets, maze, Gnubb game, play area, and restrooms with bathtubs. Made by SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.

40x40 lot. No CC or Store items used. Furnished: §68,753; unfurnished §48,944.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:13 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 4th Oct 2012 at 1:50 AM.
Default Ye Resting Place Burial Ground (Graveyard)
The Grim Reaper was a frequent visitor in Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding due to the lack of a social safety net from authorities, unsanitary living conditions, bathing in cool weather using cheap plumbing, primitive food storage, homespun prenatal care, complications of childbirth, and lack of knowledge of the causes of death and disease. The graveyard was a sacred resting place for the dead. Tombstones or grave markers memorialized Simdom Pudding’s departed and free-standing mausoleums were monuments enclosing their burial places. Easily impressed sims thought kingdom castles and graveyards were haunted. Cowardly sims hoped they weren’t.

A somewhat neglected, run down, medieval cemetery Community Lot. It has mausoleums, plenty of graves to mourn at, a spooky skeleton or two, a fish spitter fountain, and places to gather life and death. Open grave inspired by shannon123 aka kimabc3. Sims can get part-time jobs as gravediggers at the mausoleums. Made by SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.

40x30 lot. No CC. Floor lamp used from the Castle Interior set at The Store: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...ategoryId=12857. Furnished §54,237; unfurnished: §41,896.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:23 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 16th Dec 2011 at 3:56 AM.
Default Simtercian Monastery (with Nectary and Hospital Rabbit Hole)
Eco-Friendly monks and lay helpers provided medical care for sick pilgrams in the hospitium at the Simtercian monastery. The hospitium had many treatments, both therapeutic and spiritual. Outgoing clerics led friends and family in prayer for divine intercession for those afflicted. Monks performed many other works of charity, distributing medicines and filling the hunger needs of the less fortunate of Simdom Pudding. The blind, lame, elders, and those who were mentally ill – evil, insane, or neurotic – were housed. Weary travellers rested there. Unfortunately for pyromaniacs, the only room in the monastery allowed a fire was the infirmary. In the scriptorium frugal bookworms copied manuscripts and chronicled kingdom history. Throughout Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding, townspeople whispered that the main function of a lucky physician was to entertain the patient while nature affected a cure.

Grouped around a cloister, the principle buildings on this Community Lot include a church, a library, a barn, a storeroom for provisions, a nectary, an infirmary, and a scriptorium. The infirmary has three beds and a bathtub room. A latrine is located downstairs off the library. Beyond these buildings lay vegetable gardens, orchards, vineyards, and fields. In addition to a working nectary, the Simtercian Monastery has a hidden basement Hospital Rabbit Hole. Made by SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.

40x40 lot. No CC. Fleur de Luce Chandelier, floor lamp, loveseat, living room chair, and dining chair used from the Castle Interior set at The Store: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...ategoryId=12857. Free Ivy Tower from The Store also used: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...=OFB-SIM3:21368. Furnished: §99,589; unfurnished: §74,981.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:33 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 16th Dec 2011 at 3:47 AM.
Default Castle Sims IIJ (with City Hall Rabbit Hole)
The citizenry of Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding towns were the skilled tradesmen and the merchants, the economic lifeblood of the cities. Citizenship was generally only inherited, but it could be granted to individuals or to families, usually in recognition for some extraordinary service to the city. Everyone knew who the citizens were, for they annually swore an oath of loyalty to the city; gathering in one of the city plazas in front of the town hall. There they repeated the oath out loud, for everyone to see. The citizens were the real caretakers of the city's prestige and reputation, ethics, and the common weal. Though they were privileged and prestigious members of the community, clergy and nobility were not citizens in any town in the realm of Simdom Pudding.

Community Lot with castle / barony containing hidden basement City Hall Rabbit Hole. (In medieval times, it was common for a J to substitute for the final I in Roman numbers, hence the name Castle Sims IIJ.) Sims enter the Rabbit Hole at the gatehouse. Has library, children's and toddlers' toys, shuffleboard, bathrooms, and tub room. Made by SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.

40x40 lot. No CC or Store items used. Furnished: §108,912; unfurnished: §98,996.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:43 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 17th Dec 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Default Debtor's Prison (with Police Station Rabbit Hole)
To be declared an outlaw in Simdom Pudding, one must have been accused of a crime or misdemeanor. Outlaws often survived by exploiting the peasantry, and the most successful often relied upon powerful connections (ala Baron Landgraab) to shelter them from prosecution. The outlaw lost all property and rights and any contract he was party to fell void. The sentence of outlawry often led to a life of wandering and mooching. Many outlaws, thieves, and malefactors of all kinds fled to the forest to seek refuge from justice. Many turned to thievery as a means of survival while evading authorities. Prisons did not exist and jails were first dungeons in manor houses, castles, or castle towers. Eventually, debtors prisons evolved - if someone was not frugal enough to be able to pay their bills, all they owned was reposessed to pay the debt in full/in part, then they were thrown into debtor's prison with no visible means of support. Their only hope was for a benefactor or group of friends/relatives to bail them out, or for their sovereign to commute their sentence. The infamous former Baron Broke, who had been stripped of his title, lost his land, and had all his property and chattels seized by King Crumplebottom, hated being outdoors in the forest, so he returned to Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding to throw himself upon the mercy of the royal court. Believing that Simoleon Broke was moreso an easily impressed loser than evil, King Crumplebottom spared his life and threw him into debtor's prison.

Visitors Allowed Community Lot with metal, gem, and bug spawners and hidden basement Police Station Rabbit Hole. The prison has 2 bug infested cells, a desk for the guard, tub and toilet rooms. Made by SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.

30x30 lot. No CC or Store items used. Furnished: §40,576; unfurnished: §37,925.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:53 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 31st Dec 2011 at 12:28 AM.
Default The Medieval Nectary (Nectary)
Every village in Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding had nectaries, often all up and down the street. Nectar was as necessary to life as waffles, but where flour-making and waffle baking were strictly guarded monopolies, nectar brewing was everywhere freely permitted and freely practiced. Many nectar-makers in Simdom Pudding were women.

This is a Medieval Nectary. Every sim can make their own nectar here and enjoy the nectary, too. On the ground floor is a nectary room and a room where you can buy and drink nectar. Upstairs is a bedroom, library, and bathroom. Made by xNikki for The Merrye Makers.

Information about the lot:
- The price furnished is �38,907.
- The price is �23,542 unfurnished.
- It is build on a 30x30 lot.
- Requires AM, LN, WA

CC list (files not included)
- Medieval Dining Table and Chairs - Sims 2 Conversion by EsmeraldaF
- Dark Wood Shingled Roof by Suzetter
- Water Wheel by Hekate999
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:03 PM Last edited by The Merrye Makers : 4th Oct 2012 at 2:01 AM.
Default The Priests Pub (Dive Bar)
While inns provided lodgings for travelers, taverns were drinking houses seeking to cater to more prosperous Simdom Pudding residents. Taverns seldom offered lodgings or very elaborate feasting, such as would be expected at inns. Gambling and singing were common at taverns but the favorite adult recreation of the villagers was undoubtedly nectar drinking.

Stable Marshal Cooke ofttimes imbibed in too much nectar while frequenting local establishments. When in his cups he flirted with the serving wenches and quoted Wynkyn de Worde, "A good horse sholde have three propyrtees of a man, three of a woman, three of a foxe, three of a haare, and three of an asse. Of a man - bolde, prowde, and hardye. Of a woman - fayre-breasted, faire of heere, and easy to move. Of a foxe - a fair taylle, short eers, with a good trotte. Of an asse - a bygge chynn, a flat legge, and a good hoof". The serving wenches and his wife, Constance, knew him as a great kisser.

This is a Dive Bar pub for your simmies. When they want to party, have a drink or just have a good time, this is the place to be. On the ground floor is a bar with tables and chairs. Upstairs is a chilling spot with books and a chess table. There's also a bathroom for both women and men upstairs. Made by xNikki for The Merrye Makers.

Information about the lot:
- The price furnished is §45,722.
- The price unfurnished is §27,752.
- It's build on a 15x10 lot.
- Requires WA, AM and LN

CC list (files not included)
- Medieval Dining Table and Chairs - Sims 2 Conversion by EsmeraldaF
- Medieval Loveseat - Sims 2 Conversion by EsmeraldaF
- Dark Wood Shingled Roof by Suzetter
Screenshots
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:13 PM
Thanks again to SimmyRN and Nikki for these great lots!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:23 PM
Great work guys!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 4:26 PM
What you named each of them cracks me up Wish I could download them, but I only have Ambitions & Late Night expansions. They look great, though!
Inventor
#15 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:20 PM
These are just awesome. I've been adding them to my medieval-ish fantasy world.

But I notice there's no science center! Surely we can come with an excuse to do science, even in the Middle Ages!

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th May 2012 at 6:17 AM
These are awesome. Too bad I can't use them cause I don't have all those expansions... There's a serious lack of base game compatible medieval lots. They're really great, though. Nice job on them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:47 PM
Great, Thank You
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:05 PM
Beautiful lots! Always appreciate more rabbitholes!
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 6:41 PM
Okay I've followed the directions and I have all the eps, but they are not showing up in my game...how do I find them and place them in the worlds?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by allyceinwonderland
Okay I've followed the directions and I have all the eps, but they are not showing up in my game...how do I find them and place them in the worlds?

allyce -
When you download the lots they are in a .rar file. Mine go into my "Downloads" folder. You must use an unzipping program like "Winrar" to open the files. Inside the opened files you will see a Sims 3 package file (the same as if you download an item from the Store). Double click on the icon and the lots will install themselves into the correct location for your game. Hope that helps! SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 9:40 AM
Great Stuff!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:27 AM
This is too cool for words. Many thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:00 PM
thanks
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 12:12 AM
Thanks, this is great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 11:13 PM
Thank you!!!
Page 1 of 2