Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

April Nursery with Animated Rocking Horse **9/27 Added the Safety Pin Mirror Shelf

by tbudgett Posted 14th Sep 2011 at 6:44 PM - Updated 4th Feb 2012 at 9:51 AM by tbudgett

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 10:47 PM
Wow! this is really nice!
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 5:07 PM
I like the look of these, I think it will be in my sims 2 drama! :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 6:47 AM
This is beautiful, thanks for sharing. I especially love the toddler bed and how it pulls in other baby bedding. Just a heads up, if you download without having downloaded the bedroom match set, the woodwork texture doesn't show up.

I first just downloaded the nursery and though the bedding and mesh worked fine, the frame of the furniture was all in blue. I guessed that the texture may just be in the original set and so downloaded the bedroom match set and it fixed the problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 10:03 PM
Thanks !
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 8:40 PM
Sorry, But I forgot to include the safety pin mirror shelf in the original post. It is OFB compatible and ready for download>

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 4:18 PM
Thanks for this! I'm using it in at least three households right now - the different furniture colours are great for cute nurseries. And I must say, the toddler bed is a fantastic help. I can put the toddlers and their baby brother in the same room now that the toddlers can get out on their own.

Also, the rocking horse is super-adorable. Just sayin'
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 2:18 PM
Besides the rocking horse it's all flashing blue!!! It's a pity because the set is soo pretty!!! How can I fix it??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 9:03 PM
greenMise: You have to have the Endtable and 2 Tile amoire from the April Bedroom for the objects to show right. The Nursery uses the repository technique for textures and those 2 pieces are the master files.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:59 PM
I wanted to say "thank you," again. I just love your April Nursery Set especially the rocking horse (wanted one for my toddlers for some time) and the toddler bed. I put it into my game because I like the way it looked (for a toddler who was sleeping on a pet mat). I saw the bed in the toddler's queue and watched her. I was so surprised she can get in and out of bed herself. And, the animation is wonderful with it. So, much better than a pet mat. I love all the colors and options including the fact that the crib can be used with or without a canaopy. Next step in my game will be to go into my chaotic Kestera family (not an exaggeration, it's a full household) and put in toddler beds for the twin toddlers. I'll be sad to take out the wonderful canopy cribs but this household needs more self-sufficient toddlers. Just one more thought, after I saw that the toddler was able to get in and out of the toddler bed by herself, I thought that she might be able to use the potty chair herself, without being potty trained. Nope. I'll have to have Mama or Papa do that task. (I'm not complaining. I'm smiling.) Thank you, again. You've enhanced my game play and made it richer and more fun.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:45 PM
LillyLeClaire: Thank you very much for the kind post. :D

Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 5:25 AM
I had this nursery set, and found that if you don't have free time most of this set will not show up. I myself do not have freetime, but a friend of mine does and her stuff shows up, I know this set says Apartment, but why do the things not show up at all? I know the mirror with the safety pin shows up blue, but the toy box and other things do not show up at all. Can someone who may not have freetime and can see these things or do you have to have freetime in order for the toy box, highchair and potty chair to show up?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ADolphnsDream
I had this nursery set, and found that if you don't have free time most of this set will not show up. I myself do not have freetime, but a friend of mine does and her stuff shows up, I know this set says Apartment, but why do the things not show up at all? I know the mirror with the safety pin shows up blue, but the toy box and other things do not show up at all. Can someone who may not have freetime and can see these things or do you have to have freetime in order for the toy box, highchair and potty chair to show up?

Do you have the Bedroom Set? The nursery won't show without it.

Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 7:20 AM
Yes, I have everything that comes with the April set. I have the bedroom, nursery, and bathroom. But there are some things that are not showin' up to me as per I don't have freetime, where as my friend that does have freetime is showin' up things I don't have. So I'm not sure if you HAVE to have freetime to use these things or not. I would love to be able to use these things, but it just kinda annoying when you can't get half of them to show up.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 10:44 PM
Yes, I have everything that comes with the April set. I have the bedroom, nursery, and bathroom. But there are some things that are not showin' up to me as per I don't have freetime, where as my friend that does have freetime is showin' up things I don't have. So I'm not sure if you HAVE to have freetime to use these things or not. I would love to be able to use these things, but it just kinda annoying when you can't get half of them to show up.

I set my game up using the expansion packs and Stuff packs that you have. Everything, except the mirror (which needs OFB), showed up fine. I don't know what the problem may be but it doesn't appear to be the set.

Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 2:54 PM Last edited by ADolphnsDream : 1st Feb 2012 at 4:02 PM.
I have done a whole new reinstall of my game, and will put these sets back in, mind you I don't have freetime, but will report back after I start my game up with these sets in game.

Update: I have done a full reinstall, no custom content except for the april sets. I get into my game and the mirror is no longer blue, and showin' all colors, but I still I have no toy box, any clue what is goin' on? Also my friend just pulled up her mirror for the april nursery and it's showin' just one, and the safety pin is blue, but nothing else. She however has the toy box. I'm clueless as to what to do here.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 9:49 AM
I have done a whole new reinstall of my game, and will put these sets back in, mind you I don't have freetime, but will report back after I start my game up with these sets in game.

Update: I have done a full reinstall, no custom content except for the april sets. I get into my game and the mirror is no longer blue, and showin' all colors, but I still I have no toy box, any clue what is goin' on? Also my friend just pulled up her mirror for the april nursery and it's showin' just one, and the safety pin is blue, but nothing else. She however has the toy box. I'm clueless as to what to do here.

Sorry, for your trouble. I did realize that you will Need the April Bathroom for the Safety Pin to show-up, as it requires the textures from the tub. The URL is in the Download section of this post.

Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tbudgett
Sorry, for your trouble. I did realize that you will Need the April Bathroom for the Safety Pin to show-up, as it requires the textures from the tub. The URL is in the Download section of this post.

Thanks for that bit of information, is there any idea why I am not showin' the toy box without freetime? I'm just a bit confused, as I don't have freetime, but my friend does and her toy box shows. I guess it's not a big deal, but it just kinda goes well with the bedroom set when they become a child. In any case, just thought I would ask.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 3:07 AM
beatiful can't what to get apartment life so i can get this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 5:21 PM
thank you for uploading this to mods the sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 8:25 PM
Thank you ! :)