Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charlton Island

by armiel Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 9:53 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by armiel

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:21 AM Last edited by armiel : 15th Sep 2011 at 8:02 PM.

Charlton City and Henderson apartments area part 1:

The city area consist mainly of community lots and apartment buildings. They are...

Charlton Island Cityhall:

The heart of the city where all the decisions are made, and the politicians plot against each other.

Saint Thomas Hospital:

Huge hospital to nurse the sick. Specialized in surgery, child birth and heathcare. Includes a morgue and a gift shop too.

Robs Corner:

Buy some books, relax in a spa, or wash your laundry!

Fancy John:

A disco/night club in the center of the city. Not everyone gets in, will you?

Charlies Gym:

Get yourself in shape at the gym!

Reqruit Center:

Charlton Island doesn't have a military of it's own, but they do still recruit. Here you can choose to be a military man, or train yourself in martial arts.

Chess Park:

Have a nice day in the sun, and play some chess!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:22 AM Last edited by armiel : 12th Sep 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Charlton City and Henderson apartments area part 2:

Charlton Market:

Here you can sell your stuffs in a consignment store, buy groceries and get yourself styled and tattooed.

Charlton Central:

Charlton Central consists of two buildings and is the biggest community area in the city. There you can find Fire fighters, policemen, business men, Investigators, journalists, nice restaurant, net cafe, teather and an arts gallery.

Showcasing Charlton Central West:

This is one of the biggest and most busy lots in Charlton Island.

Built in multiple floors, this lot holds many work places such as Fire Station, Police office and Business center. The lot costs 214840. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.

If you wish to work as a firefighter, you need to click on the building instead of the map tag!

Showcasing Saint Thomas's Hideout:

Lovely fishing spot hiding behind the hospital. Lotsize is 10x20, costs 1160. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:23 AM Last edited by armiel : 12th Sep 2011 at 11:17 AM.
Charlton City and Henderson apartments area part 3:

Charlton Avenue 15-16, Henderson Avenue 6, 7,10, Henderson End 5:

Apartment buildings. 1-2 bedrooms and baths. For wealthier sims.

Henderson Park:

Lovely park in the Henderson apartments area. More info below.

Showcasing Charlton Avenue 15:

Lovely modern apartment building. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom. Lotsize is 20x20, costs 41508 Furnished, 3266 Unfurnished. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.

Showcasing Henderson Park:

Small park designed to entertain families with children. Lotsize is 30x30, cost is 11193. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:25 AM Last edited by armiel : 12th Sep 2011 at 12:31 PM.
Charlton Beach part 1:

Charlton Beach is a big area below the city, and it consists of both community and residential buildings.

Community Pool:

Relax in the pools, have drinks, and judge bikinis.

Mike's:

A small restaurant-cafe. More info below.

Charlton Beach Avenue 12,14,16, Hill Alley 1, Hill Road 10,12:

Lovely cottages for small families. 2-3 Bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms.

Charlton Beach Avenue 20,42-43, Pond Way 1-4:

Empty residential lots.

Showcasing Charlton Beach Avenue 12:

Small cottage. Built in two floors. Lotsize 15x15, costs 33588 Furnished, 23508 Unfurnished. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.

Showcasing Mike's:

Have a nice meal, drink some coffee. Lotsize 20x20, costs 26418. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:26 AM Last edited by armiel : 12th Sep 2011 at 11:52 AM.
Charlton Beach part 2:

Charlton Island Education:

Educate your young sims, or visit the library. Play football and other sports.

Charlton Island Community Park:

Main place for sims to meet out. Listen to the bands playing, eat, play with the kids.

Neville's Nectar:

Harvest some finest fruits and brew them into nectar. If you do not wish to work yourself, you can also buy the nectar.

The Beach:

Drinks, disco, views. What more can a sim wish for a beach club?

Kid's Corner:

Park for the small sims. Play with the kids and enjoy the day.

Charlton Public Beach:

Get a tan, have coffee, eat food. This is a place for outgoing sims to have a nice day.

Charlton Church:

Mourn your dead - Beware of the ghosts!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:28 AM Last edited by armiel : 12th Sep 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Harbor part 1:

Old Charlton Factory:

This is place where the criminals meet. And work. And plot evil plans. And terrorize the rest of the island.

Charlton Science Center:

Some mad scientist founded this facility in the 1970s. Be careful when you enter those doors, you never know what you may face.

Charlton Junk:

The trash needs to be dumped somewhere, right? You can also find all kind of nice parts for home-made robots here.

The Warehouse Pub:

A pub, more info below.

Salty Dip:

Small diner, be careful with what you eat here, it may as well be from the sewers.

Charlton Films:

This is what makes the island rich. Actors. If you're lucky you might see Simgelina Jones, and Harrisim Ford!

Harbor path 1,3:

Really small homes. Quite grungy too.

Harbor Road 7:

An apartment building. Not in too good shape.

Showcasing The Warehouse Pub:

A dark, but lively pub to serve those in a need of a drink. Get wasted, have a few fights, play against your friends, have fun! Lotsize 30x20, costs 83726. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:29 AM Last edited by armiel : 12th Sep 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Harbor part 2:

Dump Alley 1-4:

Four grungy little homes.

Showcasing Dump Alley 1:

A small starter. No separate bedroom, 1 small bathroom. Built on a 15x10 lot, costs 8724 Furnished, 7612 Unfurnished. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.
Screenshots
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:30 AM Last edited by armiel : 12th Sep 2011 at 12:29 PM.
West beach:

West Beach Avenue 2,8,11:

Beachy residential homes. 1-2 bedrooms and bathrooms.

West Beach Avenue 4,9,10,12, Ocean View 44-55:

Empty residential lots.

Bay End:

A beach lot, in city protection - not built on.

Fishers End:

Small fishing spot at the end of the peninsula. Great views, not sure about the fishing luck.

Showcasing West Beach Avenue 8:

Small beach home. Two bedrooms, one bathroom. Built on a 20x15 lot, costs 31594 Furnished, 20659 Unfurnished. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:31 AM Last edited by armiel : 12th Sep 2011 at 12:27 PM.
Forest:

East Beach:

A forgotten community park at the beach. Your sim must love the nature to be bothered to go here. It is quite a hike.

Forest Road 1,2,11, Forest End 67:

Residential homes. Built to survive rough winters, which have not yet been seen. 1-3 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms.

Forest Road 10:

Empty residential lot.

Showcasing Forest Road 11:

Small home in the forest. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms. Built on a 20x20 lot, costs 72184 Furnished, 36798 Unfurnished. You can see more pictures below, they are labeled.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 11:01 AM
Okay. Firstly.. FIRST!

Secondly.. This sucks so bad. Like.. I've never seen anything worse.

That being said..

THIS IS AWESOME. lol. Q is gonna give me so much crap for not bothering to do any of my worlds, and AGAIN, you show me up by posting ANOTHER. :P

Anyway.. Awesome work, thanks for the first credit.. and.. I love you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 12:39 PM
good god. this is INSANE. im downloading it right now. goodbye sunset valley
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 12:48 PM
This world looks amazing and please believe me when I say, your post was not TLDR. You just put this all together so well. It's so organized and impressive! I would download this world even if it looked awful (which it doesn't!) just because your presentation is also amazing.

One question, I don't suppose you have any information to share with us about beautiful vista moodlets in the world? I'm mainly interested in knowing if there are any residential/empty lots that provide the moodlet.

In any case, thanks for sharing this. It is awe inspiring.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
One question, I don't suppose you have any information to share with us about beautiful vista moodlets in the world? I'm mainly interested in knowing if there are any residential/empty lots that provide the moodlet.

I have not changed the lot values regarding the moodlets.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:29 PM
Such a beautiful world, Armiel! You've really outdone yourself this time! (and I thought Finnington was pretty ...) BTW, any info you're willing to share on spawners? Which ones do you have? Also, any "wild" plants?
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:30 PM
Hello,

My computer doesn't seem to handle large Sims 3 worlds very well. I am not sure why, despite my computer being rather recent.

Anyway, I was looking for a new medium-sized home for my Sims, I found your addy this morning, and I must say it looks very enticing ^^

I especially appreciate that you paid attention to the routing, and still managed to make the whole look very pleasant to the eye, presented in a package that some professionals (look at me, EA, yes) could take a lesson from.

I would like to try it out please, but when I try to combine the archive files, it says that my resulting file is corrupted or something. I tried downloading twice now, but I got the same message again when using 7z to uncompress.

Is there another way for me to get your world, perhaps on websites like mediafire , without the files being split ?

If it is not possible, I would understand.

In any case, thank you for sharing with us what seems to be a labor of love of yours.
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:32 PM
This is phenomenal Armi! Wonderful job!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caitie
BTW, any info you're willing to share on spawners? Which ones do you have? Also, any "wild" plants?

Spawner info is on the main post, and you can also see the location of many in the lot placement picture. No "wild" plants, but there are some garden plants on the nectary and seeds all around the map.

Kittenpaw Please try the install method 2 (on main post). I just downloaded the files myself, and at least that one works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:53 PM
Doh, you're correct.

It now works. I apologize for not having paid enough attention to your thorough instructions ><

Thank you very much for your patience, and help, and please have a nice day.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 2:12 PM
Beautiful work, armiel. The time you put into this world really shows in the attention to detail. It all just flows together so nicely.

Bix AKA Champion le Bleu Cardinalis born Nov 18th 2006. Home from Poland Jan 14 2007 with brother Jack!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 3:05 PM
This is absolutely gorgeous. The screenshots are phenomenal. I love how the industrial section is a bit isolated from the more beautiful areas. The lots are fantastic as well, though I expected nothing less. Your work is always a treat to see.
Scholar
#22 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 3:12 PM
Your world is well thought out and gorgeous looking, I love it!! Thank you for sharing Charlton Island..I'm downloading as we speak .
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 3:14 PM
It's so great to see your Charlton Island finally uploaded here, armiel! You definitely deserve this as the world is stunning! I've got only one question - do I have to download the files if I had the last beta file downloaded before? Thanks in advance for the answer. :-)

Great job, my dear!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 3:19 PM
Shante, if you want the lighthouse to have a light and few little final touches, yes, you do
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 3:50 PM
Yay, of course! Off to download the files then! Cheers!
Page 1 of 8