Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#26 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 9:07 AM
Thanks, I think I can probably (hopefully) work with this now :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#27 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 10:54 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 14th Sep 2011 at 3:24 PM.
Found it

Duplicate your mesh
Scale the whole mesh 200% bigger(X2, Y2, Z2) scaled from origin X0, Y0, Z0
Move it absolute to X0, Y0, Z0(your mesh jumps with its centerpoint to X0, Y0 and Z0)
Now you need to line up the back of the mesh with the backwall, the right side of the mesh with the right wall and the bottom of the mesh with the floor, simply by moving it BUT do not move it if the mesh exceeds the wall or floor already
You then FIRST scale the necesarry Axis back till it hits the reference wall/floor X-1, Y-1 and Z-1( scaled from origin X0, Y0, Z0)

Here is the tutorial:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3643460
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 7:45 PM
Hi BloomsBase,

Great job and thank you again. I read your tutorial "Creating a shadowmesh" with attention and of course I tried to make as explained... But with my really big object, I don't understand how can I fit a normal objet (in MS 3D: 512px width - (2 x grid steps - and 2304px height - 9 x grid steps -) after scaling this big object X2 Y2 and Z2, in a 2x2x2 box ??? Without being obliged to reduce the scale down ???

...And in that case the first scale X2 Y2 Z2 is useless!

I show you some pictures:

The normal column following by the X2 Y2 Z2 scaled column:

If you want to test it here is the obj object:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  z972_column.rar (21.0 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

If you want to know your future...create it!
Sockpuppet
#29 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 4:41 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 15th Sep 2011 at 4:57 AM.
You are right that if the object exceeds the box on all levels before starting the 200% scaling is useless.
Just move the colum absolute to 0,0,0 and scale it in the box
I included your file with shadowmesh if you cant figure it out.

Take a look at the military tower.
It is a 6x6x17 tile object but look how its shadowmesh is squized in.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Zano.7z (28.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 11:55 AM
Hi BloomsBase

Thanks a lot for your help. It doesn't work with my column but please don't spend more time about this little problem.

nice day and so long.

If you want to know your future...create it!
Page 2 of 2